Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Trusted Status 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Trusted Status

(Read 5531 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #270 on: August 08, 2008, 01:40 AM »

What are you going on about?  Mark asked me specifically to do that, you tit.  That was led initially led him to give me the status, because I was going to up when the draw took place.

Way to misinterpret the situation.  Idiot.

You were still keen to do it given how you asked if it was correct in the manner you did by asking a few questions..... I'm hardly an idiot for interpreting that as keeness.

You make yourself look very stupid in a lot of your arguments. Suffering from stress or anxiety? You need to control your emotions....... And stop attributing everything anyone says as a personal attack. I give up trying to reason with you and to see it from my point of view. You sir, are a buffoon of the highest order.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #271 on: August 08, 2008, 01:41 AM »

When I said "no smoke wthout fire an' all that" I was justifying why I initially thought you were stubborn.  I wasn't dismissing your objection.  In fact, I took your objection on board, as I haven't seen your stubborness firsthand.

bull****. Your intelligent, I'll give you that, but James was bang on.
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #272 on: August 08, 2008, 01:42 AM »

Ok Clydey, fair enough.

I dont mind too much because im not a key member of this site. You seemed to have been fast tracked to trusted status because you are a key member of the community, so you should act with a bit more humility when dealing with Neil's objection.

As I say, I thought it was harsh but your posts here push me toward thinking he's right. He seems to think youre a loose canon and youre proving him right.

Be smarter.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #273 on: August 08, 2008, 01:45 AM »

You were still keen to do it given how you asked if it was correct in the manner you did by asking a few questions..... I'm hardly an idiot for interpreting that as keeness.

You make yourself look very stupid in a lot of your arguments. Suffering from stress or anxiety? You need to control your emotions....... And stop attributing everything anyone says as a personal attack. I give up trying to reason with you and to see it from my point of view. You sir, are a buffoon of the highest order.

I was not keen in the way you are implying.  I wanted to get the format correct.  I didn't want to do it only for mark to wake up the next morning and have to change it.  If I'm going to do something, I want to do it right.

Neil, your opinion barely registers with me.  I view you as a saddo who thinks of trusted status as the highest honour imaginable.  Mark asked me to help out last night.  I agreed.  You went mental because it goes against tradition.

Grow up.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #274 on: August 08, 2008, 01:50 AM »

Ok Clydey, fair enough.

I dont mind too much because im not a key member of this site. You seemed to have been fast tracked to trusted status because you are a key member of the community, so you should act with a bit more humility when dealing with Neil's objection.

As I say, I thought it was harsh but your posts here push me toward thinking he's right. He seems to think youre a loose canon and youre proving him right.

Be smarter.

I don't suffer fools easily.  Neil is a fool, so my dilemma is clear.  I get irritated when people are being unreasonable.  And Neil's objection was unreasonable and appeared personal.

If my attitude makes you want to side with him, knock yourself out.  I shan't lose any sleep.  What has been forgotten amongst all this is that Neil threw a hissy fit simply because Mark asked me to update a match alert.  Bear that in mind, eh?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #275 on: August 08, 2008, 01:53 AM »

bulls**t. Your intelligent, I'll give you that, but James was bang on.

No, he wasn't.

Read my post carefully.

"I have no idea whether you're stubborn or not.  It's simply the first thing Mark mentions when your name pops up.  No smoke without fire an' all that".

He conceded that he misinterpreted what I was saying.  If James objects to being stubborn, fair enough.  I'm not about to doubt him because Mark thinks he is.  I simply thought Mark's opinion was indicative of the consensus in this case.  I can't say either way.  I've never seen James be stubborn, so I'm inclined to believe him.
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #276 on: August 08, 2008, 01:54 AM »

Its been forgotten because of how you reacted to it with an even bigger hissy fit.

For what its worth on the underlying point I agree with Marks original position and think its horrendous youve both let it turn into a squabble such as it has done.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #277 on: August 08, 2008, 01:57 AM »

It's my fault this argument has come about and it's not because of my decision but due to the lack of clarity behind the process of fast tracking.

There is no offical process behind fast tracking users, it's something I made so that I can override the automatic method for the good of the site. The posting requirement behind Trusted Status is an untelligent method but it saves the process being a manual one and yet still has some security.

Clydey is not special for being fast tracked and I'm sorry to those who feel that this is unfair due to many other members deserving it also. This is completely true, there are many other members here who should be on Trusted Status but I do not look over the members each month and review each of their cases, this is time consuming.

I saw Clydey post about being online in the middle of the night for the draw and then I just realised that he is a trust worthy member, clearly very active based on his post count and therefore it would make sense to manually put him on Trusted Status rather than wait for it to happen automatically. He is not necessarily more deserving than someone else getting it automatically, it just made sense to do it now for him.

So I'm sorry that there is not an official process behind fast tracking and I understand that because of this, people get the wrong impressions.
[ Last edit by Mark August 08, 2008, 02:01 AM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #278 on: August 08, 2008, 01:58 AM »

Its been forgotten because of how you reacted to it with an even bigger hissy fit.

For what its worth on the underlying point I agree with Marks original position and think its horrendous youve both let it turn into a squabble such as it has done.

Once again, persecuted for not using smileys.  I assure you, I'm well in control of my emotions.  I got irritated, but it was hardly a hissy fit.  I'm a bit like a dog with a bone when I think I've been wronged.  You are mistaking persistence for delirium.

Smile  See?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #279 on: August 08, 2008, 02:02 AM »

It's my fault this argument has come about and it's not because of my decision but due to the lack of clarity behind the process of fast tracking.

There is no offical process behind fast tracking users, it's something I made so that I can override the automatic method for the good of the site. The posting requirement behind Trusted Status is an untelligent method but it saves the process being a manual one and yet still has some security.

Clydey is not special for being fast tracked and I'm sorry to those who feel that this is unfair because many other members deserve it also. This is completely true, there are many other members here who should be on Trusted Status but I do not look over the members each month and review each of their cases, this is time consuming.

I saw Clydey post about being online in the middle of the night for the draw and then I just realised that he is a trust worthy member, clearly very active based on his post count and therefore it would make sense to manually put him on Trusted Status rather than wait for it to happen automatically. He is not necessarily more deserving than someone else getting it automatically, it just made sense to do it now for him.

So I'm sorry that there is not an official process behind fast tracking and I understand that because of this, people get the wrong impressions.

Mark, a fair idea would be to remove my status and give it to someone like Sarah.  You doubtless have enough bodies during the day, so you probably don't have much use for me.  Just temporily upgrade me if you need something during the night, like for the Australian Open.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #280 on: August 08, 2008, 02:04 AM »

No, there is no logic to remove you when you understand the reasoning behind fast tracking. Every trusting member deserves it but you got it early because it was useful for the Olympics, to remove you now is simply wasting my time.

I don't know why Sarah has been brought into this several times - Trusted Status should never be about post count, that's just the necessary method we use purely for security, nothing else.
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #281 on: August 08, 2008, 02:07 AM »

Clydey, im not really one for smileys either. In fact, I used that same line of argument the first time I argued with Mark.

The fact is, the only sensical thing mark said then was that as I was new and didnt use smileys i was widely open to being misinterpreted. Not my fault but the effect remains.

You have a responsibility for your posts. You cant label his a hissy fit and say yours arent a hissy fit and claim its all a big mistake. By your own standards your posts are a bigger hissy fit than Neil's - to anyone with eyes and who can read.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #282 on: August 08, 2008, 02:12 AM »

Clydey, im not really one for smileys either. In fact, I used that same line of argument the first time I argued with Mark.

The fact is, the only sensical thing mark said then was that as I was new and didnt use smileys i was widely open to being misinterpreted. Not my fault but the effect remains.

You have a responsibility for your posts. You cant label his a hissy fit and say yours arent a hissy fit and claim its all a big mistake. By your own standards yours posts are a bigger hissy fit than Neil's - to anyone with eyes and who can read.

The difference is I am reacting to what I perceived to be a personal slight. I was irritated, but not to the extent that you seem to think I was. However, Neil was losing the rag over an entirely benign decision on Mark's part.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #283 on: August 08, 2008, 02:21 AM »

I have added the following to the first post - hopefully it will prevent arguments like this happening in the future:

-- Fast Tracking
On occasion, some members will receive Trusted Status manually even though their post count may not have met the minimum requirement.

There is no offical process behind fast tracking users, it's there so we can override the automatic method when it makes sense to do so. The posting requirement behind Trusted Status is an untelligent selection method when you consider the reasoning behind why the status exists. However, it is the only sensible method to use when we want the process to be an automatic one.

Members who have been fast tracked are not necessarily more deserving of the status than members who have yet to reach the required post count - the post count requirement exists for security purposes only rather than to suggest a member explicity deserves the status they are receiving.
[ Last edit by Mark August 08, 2008, 02:24 AM ] IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #284 on: August 08, 2008, 02:21 AM »

In this world, people literally dont give a monkeys about your story. You focus way too much on your reasons, excuses for having to act the way you did.

Look at how I became labelled as stubborn, just by Mark mentioning it a couple of times it goes to 'no smoke without a fire'. Thats the real world, noone cares if youre right or wrong, they see you going off on one and thats what they remember.

And worse its all associated with the decision to give you special trusted status.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »