Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Trusted Status 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Trusted Status  (Read 3931 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #315 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34 PM »

Trusted Status will no longer be automatically applied to members who reach 'Seed' ranking and above. Even though we've had this Wiki style permission for years, no one seems to have taken advantage of it by contributing match alerts and page content updates. Allan, who's a moderator and can do it anyway, still appears to be the only one doing it. Therefore, it's not worth the security risk to have this automatically applied to accounts.

From now on, Trusted Status will be applied to accounts that are manually chosen based on them being considered extremely trustworthy.
IP Logged
Nyssa

My Two Favorite Players! :)

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #316 on: September 09, 2011, 10:08 PM »

Trusted Status will no longer be automatically applied to members who reach 'Seed' ranking and above. Even though we've had this Wiki style permission for years, no one seems to have taken advantage of it by contributing match alerts and page content updates. Allan, who's a moderator and can do it anyway, still appears to be the only one doing it. Therefore, it's not worth the security risk to have this automatically applied to accounts.

From now on, Trusted Status will be applied to accounts that are manually chosen based on them being considered extremely trustworthy.

Please explain what that all means?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #317 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46 PM »

Here's how it used to be:

Trusted Status
Any member who has a rank of 'Top Seed' and above now can modify content on the main site and also do notices on the forum. This Wiki style step has been taken to make sure MurraysWorld continues to be the no1 resource for Andy Murray and the place to find the latest information before anywhere else.

The trusted users that are automatically given this status can do the following:

- Update the 'Tournament Info' for the front page.
- Update schedule, results and other main site pages.
- Create an 'Upcoming Match' news alert for the front page and forum.

If you plan to use these permissions then I advise you bookmark this page for convenience. To make your contributions, simply go into the 'Main Content' forum section and edit the relevant posts.

If you understandably want some credit for your contributions then feel free to reply to the relevant thread stating what you did.
IP Logged
Nyssa

My Two Favorite Players! :)

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #318 on: September 09, 2011, 10:58 PM »

Ah. Okay. Thank you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #319 on: September 10, 2011, 04:11 AM »

Until now I had no idea that Trusted Status existed.

How soon will those who meet the trustworthy criteria be advised?  And will they be listed publicly?  If so, although it doesn't bother me, might this not cause some discontent amongst those who feel they should have been selected?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #320 on: September 10, 2011, 03:08 PM »

The things I am oblivious of existing Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #321 on: September 10, 2011, 03:12 PM »

Until now I had no idea that Trusted Status existed.

How soon will those who meet the trustworthy criteria be advised?  And will they be listed publicly?  If so, although it doesn't bother me, might this not cause some discontent amongst those who feel they should have been selected?
I never knew either.........It doesn't bother me though!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »