Andy Murray vs Philipp Kohlschreiber, Sunday, Time - not before 12:15pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Unreqested Notification Emails
Pages: [1] Reply

Unreqested Notification Emails

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has started to have problems? I was going to just write to Mark but in the interest of ensuring no one else had the problem I thought I'd post.

Basically for the last 3 days or so I have started to receive notification emails for every topic that I have been active in. Obviously the first thing I did was check my setting which are indeed set for no notifications to be sent.

Anyone else having this problem?
IP Logged

It does seem you were subscribed to a whole load of topics. If this has only suddenly happened, I'm thinking this might have been caused by the database crashes that occurred a few days ago when our server ran into some problems.

I've unsubscribed you from all threads now as a way of fixing it. Let me know if it continues.
IP Logged

My problem is a long-standing one.  From time I get notifications in my emails to topics in which I'm interested, but when I go to the topic I find that nothing has in fact been posted by the person cited in the notification.  Any reason why this should be happening?
IP Logged

It sounds like someone is replying to a topic and then later deleting their post?
IP Logged

That was my thinking as well but as it happens fairly frequently I just wondered if there could be another reason and if anyone else was getting the same thing.  Incidentally I've had a couple recently that have supposedly come from yourself.  However I've deleted posts too, so I guess we all leave tracks!
IP Logged

Very strange, could you forward me one of the emails that involved me in case I spot something?
IP Logged

Yes I'll try to remember to do that should it happen again.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply