Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Unreqested Notification Emails 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Unreqested Notification Emails

(Read 487 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Unreqested Notification Emails « on: January 19, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has started to have problems? I was going to just write to Mark but in the interest of ensuring no one else had the problem I thought I'd post.

Basically for the last 3 days or so I have started to receive notification emails for every topic that I have been active in. Obviously the first thing I did was check my setting which are indeed set for no notifications to be sent.

Anyone else having this problem?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Unreqested Notification Emails « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:39 PM »

It does seem you were subscribed to a whole load of topics. If this has only suddenly happened, I'm thinking this might have been caused by the database crashes that occurred a few days ago when our server ran into some problems.

I've unsubscribed you from all threads now as a way of fixing it. Let me know if it continues.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Unreqested Notification Emails « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:02 PM »

My problem is a long-standing one.  From time I get notifications in my emails to topics in which I'm interested, but when I go to the topic I find that nothing has in fact been posted by the person cited in the notification.  Any reason why this should be happening?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Unreqested Notification Emails « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:15 PM »

It sounds like someone is replying to a topic and then later deleting their post?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Unreqested Notification Emails « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:02 PM »

That was my thinking as well but as it happens fairly frequently I just wondered if there could be another reason and if anyone else was getting the same thing.  Incidentally I've had a couple recently that have supposedly come from yourself.  However I've deleted posts too, so I guess we all leave tracks!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Unreqested Notification Emails « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:26 PM »

Very strange, could you forward me one of the emails that involved me in case I spot something?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Unreqested Notification Emails « Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Yes I'll try to remember to do that should it happen again.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »