Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 58292 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3975 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59 PM »

My God, it literally takes ages to post.
Most wrongly over-used word of 2012.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3976 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02 PM »

I've been finding it takes ages to post and also to open up personal messages recently.  I wondered whether it meant traffic was up now we're an Olympian site  Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3977 on: August 10, 2012, 03:07 PM »

The site was down (for me at least) about an hour ago but since then I've been fine.

Are you still having the problems right now?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3978 on: August 10, 2012, 03:09 PM »

It's ok right now.  I couldn't get on at all the other day for a while and as I say has often been slow these past few days but not at this actual moment.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3979 on: August 10, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Most wrongly over-used word of 2012.

Shut up, MH. :p

But seriously, I had a row with Clydey a few months ago and since then on, I use it on purpose. I almost never want to miss a chance. lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3980 on: August 10, 2012, 05:33 PM »

Sorry for the downtime earlier... it seems we had some sort of mini-DDoS attack on the server but the attacker has now been blocked.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3981 on: August 10, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Federer fan?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3982 on: August 10, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Sorry for the downtime earlier... it seems we had some sort of mini-DDoS attack on the server but the attacker has now been blocked.
But I'm still finding posting on MW slow, and that includes opening and sending PMs and accessing the website.  It's been like this for about three days now.  I never said anything earlier because I'm having some minor computer problems, so assumed it was due to that.  It does seem to be intermittent though and doesn't seem to be related to any particular time of the day or night.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3983 on: August 10, 2012, 09:49 PM »

When Andy won the Olympics, I changed the resources of the server back to normal. But I think I forgot to change the server configuration back as well. This could be the reason for the poor performance lately and also why we didn't withstand today's attack too well.

Let's see how it goes from now on.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3984 on: August 10, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Well the server performed brilliantly throughout the Olympics, so thanks for keeping it up to scratch. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3985 on: August 12, 2012, 03:32 PM »

Mark yesterday morning I had worse problems than usual.  I posted one comment and then couldn't get into any threads at all.  I tried exiting MW but then couldn't get back on.  At least I got the strapline at top but there was a rather forbidding set of messages - can't remember exactly what they said but for an awful moment I thought I'd been banned!  Anyway I tried a few times and then gave up as I had a train to catch.  I'd wondered whether there had been another attempted cyber-attack (possibly from frustrated fed fans?!)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3986 on: August 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Was this around 9:10am? I received an alert from monitoring suggesting the website had an issue lasting around 5 minutes at that time.

No idea what happened as I wasn't around to witness it but it doesn't sound serious.

If you could remember to take a screen shot next time, or just copy and paste the errors, that would be very helpful.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3987 on: August 12, 2012, 09:58 PM »

Yes it was and I've just had trouble again Mark.  I had just got in and then couldn't make anything happen.  So exited and then couldn't get back in until now.
This time I received a message saying website unavailable and an icon for cloudfare.  I tried a number of times and same thing happened.  Not sure what you mean by taking a screen shot but will try and copy and paste but that won't work if I can't get back in to paste!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3988 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00 PM »

I'm trying to find out what happened a moment ago.

This time around, because I was here, I placed a MurraysWorld message in a black border at the top explaining I was aware of the situation. I don't know whether you noticed that or not.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #3989 on: August 12, 2012, 10:04 PM »

Ah yes I did about the third time I tried - sorry should have mentioned I'd seen that and of course I should have realised that meant you were aware of the situation.  It does seem someone is trying to get us at present!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »