Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 54909 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4140 on: January 19, 2013, 09:39 PM »

The issue is with our daily backups. I set them at 5am because I didn't think it mattered if the server struggled at that time.

I've temporarily disabled them for the moment. Maybe I should just change the schedule every time Andy's in Australia. Any suggestions for a good time?

I'm also looking into at an alternative backup method with no stress but it would cost a modest amount.
[ Last edit by Mark January 19, 2013, 09:47 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4141 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57 AM »

^ I thought it might be that, so have just accepted the slowness up till now.  Given that it's the time when extremely few members are likely to be online, I don't see why you should go to the expense of an alternative backup method.

Thanks though for disabling them temporarily.  Unfortunately when Andy's in Oz no time is a good time, really, unless you can set the updates as usual for the days when he isn't due to play at the AO?  I don't think it matters so much for minor tournaments like Brisbane.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4142 on: January 21, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Well, I do have a plan.

This has motivated me to fully investigate us moving to a new hosting company which I have been eyeing up for a couple of years. I have the new server live and now it's time to experiment. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4143 on: January 21, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Well, I do have a plan.

This has motivated me to fully investigate us moving to a new hosting company which I have been eyeing up for a couple of years. I have the new server live and now it's time to experiment. Smile
Mark, sometimes you speak a different language .
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4144 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14 PM »

shades
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4145 on: January 23, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Mark has switching the forum to vbulletin ever been thought about? Or would that not work considering there's years of database on site?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4146 on: January 23, 2013, 09:10 AM »

I've thought about it once but it's pricey where as what we have now is free and doesn't lack many features. The next step for the forum would be upgrading to SMF 2 which would be a big project as the software has been rewritten completely and is probably on level with vBulletin.

I'd be interested to know if there are certain features you are used to having which we don't have?
[ Last edit by Mark January 23, 2013, 09:14 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4147 on: January 23, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Well with vbulletin I like the features where you can 'like' a post, also have a signature and a little larger avatar
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4148 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26 PM »

I've thought about it once but it's pricey where as what we have now is free and doesn't lack many features. The next step for the forum would be upgrading to SMF 2 which would be a big project as the software has been rewritten completely and is probably on level with vBulletin.

I'd be interested to know if there are certain features you are used to having which we don't have?

Hi Mark, just a note shifting away from the change of server, which by the way I think would be great. Is it possible for me to have one of those silver badges saying 'Match Threader' on or something. We all came to agreement last week that I should start the match threads so I just thought it wise. Don't worry if you don't want me to have one Smile I'm a very understanding person lol
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4149 on: January 23, 2013, 11:01 PM »

I don't need no stinking badge.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4150 on: January 23, 2013, 11:48 PM »

Hi Mark, just a note shifting away from the change of server, which by the way I think would be great. Is it possible for me to have one of those silver badges saying 'Match Threader' on or something. We all came to agreement last week that I should start the match threads so I just thought it wise. Don't worry if you don't want me to have one Smile I'm a very understanding person lol

Well you haven't made the past 2 or something lol;
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4151 on: January 24, 2013, 05:34 AM »

Yeah, how about MuzzahFan gets that badge and I get 'Picture Queen' or something? lol Just kidding....
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4152 on: January 24, 2013, 10:23 AM »

Well with vbulletin I like the features where you can 'like' a post, also have a signature and a little larger avatar
You can have signatures here but they are simply disabled in your profiles by default. I think they are generally a waste of space and can be very distracting in many cases.

Is it possible for me to have one of those silver badges saying 'Match Threader' on or something.
The silver badges exist only to show which members are staff. Sorry about that.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4153 on: January 24, 2013, 04:34 PM »

Well you haven't made the past 2 or something lol;

I made the Chardy one. Laundry just turned it into a war and decided to nick me job.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4154 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Well with vbulletin I like the features where you can 'like' a post
We could have something like that with a mod. I've just always been weary about likes and karma features turning things into a popularity contest. Think

Are there any particular reasons why you consider that feature valuable?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »