Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 51792 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4260 on: February 07, 2013, 08:42 PM »

Brilliant Aileen.....post after Proofreading ...defeats the purpose don't you think. roflmao
Where's the joke?  If you proof-read your post and either find mistakes in it or want to change something, then you edit it.

I worked as an editorial assistant for a publishing company for three years and did a lot of proof-reading, so are you telling me that I should just have let the author's/printers' errors go and let the articles appear with them? lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4261 on: February 07, 2013, 08:58 PM »

I am finding the only way I can add the emoticons is to post then edit - hence all my editing. You edit away Aileen!!!
Westie (hope you don't mind me calling you that!), you don't need to post and then edit those posts in order to add emoticons.

I think I know what you've been doing though.  It looks like you've been using the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each page to type in your comments, then posting them and clicking on 'Edit', which takes you to the big Main Reply box where all the emoticons, and other functions, are.  You should just start typing in the Quick Reply box then, if you want to add emoticons, click on the little 'Advanced' box which will take you to the Main Reply one.  You can then add the emotions, carry on typing, and preview your post to see what it looks like before sending it.   Also you can do as many edits as you like before posting and nobody will be any the wiser.

Hope that makes sense, if not ask Mark. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4262 on: February 07, 2013, 09:05 PM »

Where's the joke?  If you proof-read your post and either find mistakes in it or want to change something, then you edit it.

I worked as an editorial assistant for a publishing company for three years and did a lot of proof-reading, so are you telling me that I should just have let the author's/printers' errors go and let the articles appear with them? lol
So going with your remit...you amended your authors/printers errors after they have been published?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4263 on: February 07, 2013, 09:11 PM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4264 on: February 07, 2013, 09:16 PM »

So going with your remit...you amended your authors/printers errors after they have been published?
Very Happy  I'm with Mark here ...
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4265 on: February 07, 2013, 09:18 PM »

^depends how you interprete Marks meanings.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4266 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29 PM »

^ Maybe he's referring to the whole silly argument ... anyway I'm off.  Nite, nite!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4267 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Will wait a minute.....in case you proofread and edit to night night. hug
[ Last edit by robbie February 07, 2013, 09:36 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4268 on: February 07, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Will wait a minute.....in case you edit to night night. hug

Lol your one cheeky monkey  naughty
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4269 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38 PM »

Lol your one cheeky monkey  naughty
Moi  Shrug
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4270 on: February 07, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Robbie out causing mischief again are we? Aileen's got her eye on us two. Thinks we're bleddy animals lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4271 on: February 07, 2013, 09:50 PM »

Your not an animal gangsta your my hero - after all your the guy who beat Andy Murray at wimby when you were only 7 & he was 17!!!! Extraordinary  roflmao
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4272 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53 PM »

Your not an animal gangsta your my hero - after all your the guy who beat Andy Murray at wimby when you were only 7 & he was 17!!!! Extraordinary  roflmao

Indeed, thank you for seeing me as a hero - i do try my best.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4273 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Westie (hope you don't mind me calling you that!), you don't need to post and then edit those posts in order to add emoticons.

I think I know what you've been doing though.  It looks like you've been using the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each page to type in your comments, then posting them and clicking on 'Edit', which takes you to the big Main Reply box where all the emoticons, and other functions, are.  You should just start typing in the Quick Reply box then, if you want to add emoticons, click on the little 'Advanced' box which will take you to the Main Reply one.  You can then add the emotions, carry on typing, and preview your post to see what it looks like before sending it.   Also you can do as many edits as you like before posting and nobody will be any the wiser.

Hope that makes sense, if not ask Mark. Smile

Thanks Aileen-(and Westie is just fine, I know WimbledonWestie is abit of a mouthful, Its my twitter name which I made up due to joining twitter during a Wimbledon fortnight - as a teacher I need to be very anonymous online, I thought it was a bit different and very me! :hug  And that just worked using advanced and finding emoticons. Cheers! cheers
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4274 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Thanks Aileen-(and Westie is just fine, I know WimbledonWestie is abit of a mouthful, Its my twitter name which I made up due to joining twitter during a Wimbledon fortnight - as a teacher I need to be very anonymous online, I thought it was a bit different and very me! :hug  And that just worked using advanced and finding emoticons. Cheers! cheers

Are you a primary or secondary school teacher? Don't you just hate that man Michael Gove. Useless baffoon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »