Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 51695 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4290 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Are we going to see some changes in the banner? Andy has just entered into the 2nd phase of his career and I feel the banner should reflect that. Shouldn't be too much of a deal if you delegate the task to someone to actually make the banner for free. We may have some creative posters on here. Or I can ask someone to do it for me. I know someone who does amazing work with this sort of things. A Nadal fan from MTF but a great friend of mine. I'll just have to choose the pictures for him. He'll do the rest.

I could do the banner, if Mark wants to source more locally to the site. Also he can nag me for the completion of it! lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4291 on: February 10, 2013, 09:17 PM »

I disagree that the banner needs changing. It is how it is because it looks nice, especially with the orange Andy. It is not how it is to constantly keep up with every trophy he gets.

Nothing in that banner says it's outdated either.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4292 on: February 10, 2013, 09:18 PM »

I disagree that the banner needs changing. It is how it is because it looks nice, especially with the orange Andy. It is not how it is to constantly keep up with every trophy he gets.

Nothing in that banner says it's outdated either.

His outfit xD
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4293 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20 PM »

His outfit xD
It's the current sponsor. It's seems a little unnecessary to go finding another picture of Andy that looks exactly right just because the kit has slightly changed for the new year.

It's not like a football kit in the lower leagues that often drastically change.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4294 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21 PM »

It's the current sponsor. It's seems a little unnecessary to go finding another picture of Andy that looks exactly right just because the kit has slightly changed for the new year.

It's not like a football kit in the lower leagues that drastically change due to regular sponsor changes.

True true, bow down to King Markus the First.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4295 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31 PM »

Apologies for the various downtime incidents in the last couple of days. I'm just sorting out a few post-migration issues. Mostly done now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4296 on: February 12, 2013, 06:47 PM »

I had noticed these incidents but all new things usually have a few teething problems, so no worries.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4297 on: February 13, 2013, 12:57 PM »

Well, that downtime period this morning was stressful. I made a slight configuration change this morning at 8am which then took everything offline. It was very unexpected and in the end I had to revert to a snapshot of the server from yesterday but I kept the databases current. I suppose it's better I find this out now than when Murray's playing.

Sorry about that peeps. Frown
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4298 on: February 13, 2013, 01:42 PM »

Thankgoodness this morning's difficulties are at your end and not mine altho' my computer continues to view  MW as a dangerous site Alls well that ends well
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4299 on: February 13, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Well, that downtime period this morning was stressful. I made a slight configuration change this morning at 8am which then took everything offline. It was very unexpected and in the end I had to revert to a snapshot of the server from yesterday but I kept the databases current. I suppose it's better I find this out now than when Murray's playing.

Sorry about that peeps. Frown

I was going to text you to say I couldn't get on but I was going to bed and thought you'd already be on to it, so glad I didn't add to your stress. goodjob
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4300 on: February 13, 2013, 06:01 PM »

The forum has logged me out twice within the same hour today. It told me that I am not allowed to post on a specific thread (while I was on the Nadal thread just now) and logged me out (similar thing happened half an hour ago). I was able to post the same stuff once I logged back on again. Weird stuff.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4301 on: February 13, 2013, 06:14 PM »

I read this morning on FB that MW would be offline, so I'v not tried till now and nice to see we are up and running again, good work Mark!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4302 on: February 13, 2013, 06:23 PM »

I was going to text you to say I couldn't get on but I was going to bed and thought you'd already be on to it, so glad I didn't add to your stress. goodjob
Appreciate the thought Smile

The forum has logged me out twice within the same hour today. It told me that I am not allowed to post on a specific thread (while I was on the Nadal thread just now) and logged me out (similar thing happened half an hour ago). I was able to post the same stuff once I logged back on again. Weird stuff.
That is weird and perhaps relates to having to revert to yesterday's snapshot. I've just optimised the database hence the few minutes of downtime just then, and on your end, I'd suggest clearing your cookies and cache.

I read this morning on FB that MW would be offline, so I'v not tried till now and nice to see we are up and running again, good work Mark!
It was incredibly stressful as I was in an important meeting in the morning so very limited in what I could do. I had to keep telling myself that this is just a fan site but I just get so upset when downtime occurs.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4303 on: February 13, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Aww Mark..  hug we all really appreciate all your hard work.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4304 on: February 13, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Hear, hear, Chris. clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »