Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 63036 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4305 on: February 13, 2013, 07:47 PM »

You do an amazing job, hon.  I think we all know if there are problems, you will deal with them when you can.  Thank you loads.  Very Happy x
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4306 on: February 13, 2013, 07:49 PM »

rose
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4307 on: February 13, 2013, 07:49 PM »

That is weird and perhaps relates to having to revert to yesterday's snapshot. I've just optimised the database hence the few minutes of downtime just then, and on your end, I'd suggest clearing your cookies and cache.

It's possible, yes because I left work yesterday without closing some of the applications so that might have caused the problem today. I rebooted my computer half an hour ago so if that’s the case, then the problem shouldn't persist anymore.

I don't think you should take the site so seriously. I am sure people will be patient enough to go through some downtime if necessary. Typically I don't like to complain and I wasn't complaining here either. Since you've gone through a server change, I was wondering if this was part of a problem we are yet unaware of. It happens sometimes. So I wanted you to be aware of it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4308 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52 PM »

Nothing wrong with you bringing that up. I particularly appreciate all the feedback I can get right now due to the server move. Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4309 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01 PM »

It's possible, yes because I left work yesterday without closing some of the applications so that might have caused the problem today. I rebooted my computer half an hour ago so if that’s the case, then the problem shouldn't persist anymore.

I don't think you should take the site so seriously. I am sure people will be patient enough to go through some downtime if necessary. Typically I don't like to complain and I wasn't complaining here either. Since you've gone through a server change, I was wondering if this was part of a problem we are yet unaware of. It happens sometimes. So I wanted you to be aware of it.

I think it's fab Mark takes this site seriously.  It truly is because of him it's become the place it is.  A lot of us have been on here since day 1 or so, and we've become internety friends.  Laughing, crying, arguing - and finding out each others foibles.  If that's not friendship - I don't know what is.  Very Happy  More power to your elbow 'Oor Mark'.  x
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4310 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Given all we've been through, I suppose it's impossible not to take it seriously Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4311 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03 PM »

Given all we've been through, I suppose it's impossible not to take it seriously Smile
Absolutely!  Very Happy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4312 on: February 13, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Yeah well done Mark much appreciated......
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4313 on: February 14, 2013, 01:55 AM »

Nothing wrong with you bringing that up. I particularly appreciate all the feedback I can get right now due to the server move. Smile
I wasn't going to mention it, but if you want feedback - between 6.15 & 6.30 pm yesterday I couldn't access MW either from my emails or from other websites.  I kept getting either the "SMF cannot connect to server" message, or I was getting the website but only the banner, then suddenly it was OK.   Very minor, but if it helps ...

Also thank you very much from me too for the way you're constantly striving to improve the website for us users, and for keeping it running up to scratch generally. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4314 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00 AM »

Markus, as you know, Aileen has an issue at the moment that she's getting you a screen shot of. I actually noticed something strange in my PM's from Aileen - messages prior to last May from her show as though they are from Aileen guest Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4315 on: February 14, 2013, 08:40 AM »

I wasn't going to mention it, but if you want feedback - between 6.15 & 6.30 pm yesterday I couldn't access MW either from my emails or from other websites.  I kept getting either the "SMF cannot connect to server" message, or I was getting the website but only the banner, then suddenly it was OK.   Very minor, but if it helps ...
That was actually just before I replied to Emma on the previous page. It was when I optimised the tables for her which caused a bit of downtime. I thought it would only be 2 minutes but turned out the process went a little weird. Let me know if it happens again.

I actually noticed something strange in my PM's from Aileen - messages prior to last May from her show as though they are from Aileen guest Think
Oh are you talking about looking back at old messages from her? At some point last year I deleted her account by mistake and had to restore it again. Some of the old posts therefore show as from Aileen but have her name unclickable like a guest.
[ Last edit by Mark February 14, 2013, 08:46 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4316 on: February 14, 2013, 09:27 AM »

Ah, that will probably be it then Mark.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4317 on: February 14, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Aileen has an issue at the moment that she's getting you a screen shot of.
And I'm still getting the problem but still can't figure out how to post a screen shot despite help from Windows and Bev, bless her.  I can get it on screen but that's it.

In case you can help me without a screen shot - what is appearing beside my posts, and also beside those of ChrisMac and Ruthie, is a little slidey thing, like the one on the right of the screen, only it doesn't do anything.  It only happens on Chrome though.  IE is fine.  So maybe it's a browser problem?

[ Last edit by Aileen February 14, 2013, 09:22 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4318 on: February 14, 2013, 09:23 PM »

Are you sure you haven't zoomed in via your browser by mistake?

Try pressing CTRL + MINUS and look to see if it goes away each time you press it.

If you press it too much, just do CTRL + PLUS.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4319 on: February 14, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Are you sure you haven't zoomed in via your browser by mistake?

Try pressing CTRL + MINUS and look to see if it goes away each time you press it.

If you press it too much, just do CTRL + PLUS.
Yes I did press CTRL + MINUS too much, but everything seems OK now.  Not sure why I got it beside Chris and Ruthie's posts as well though, but thanks for the help. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »