Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 56207 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4320 on: February 14, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Yes I did press CTRL + MINUS too much, but everything seems OK now.  Not sure why I got it beside Chris and Ruthie's posts as well though, but thanks for the help. Smile

Did you get it besides mine?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4321 on: February 14, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Did you get it besides mine?
No, it was just my own and Chris and Ruthie's.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4322 on: February 14, 2013, 09:36 PM »

In case you can help me without a screen shot - what is appearing beside my posts, and also beside those of ChrisMac and Ruthie, is a little slidey thing, like the one on the right of the screen, only it doesn't do anything.  It only happens on Chrome though.  IE is fine.  So maybe it's a browser problem?

I've been seeing the slidey thing next to a number of posts, but assumed everyone did (I'm also on Chrome). It doesn't do anything, except look a little bit odd! Just looking at a couple of pages of random threads, it's on posts by Aileen, ChrisMac, Ruthie, ProdigyEng, ally, Tasmanian devil.....
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4323 on: February 14, 2013, 09:40 PM »

I'm assuming it happens depending on whether the person has text below their avatar and where the line break happens in that text.

Of course, none of this should occur if you are using the correct default zoom of 100%. If you start zooming your browser, it will break a lot of websites because they are not designed for that.

Please check what your zoom level is set at by clicking the main menu in Chrome (top right) and seeing what it lists there.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4324 on: February 14, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Anyway, that all being said, I have just made a change in the code which should remove the scrollbar for you zoomers.

I'm not against zooming, and I do it myself on some websites. But just don't expect things to always look right. Smile
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4325 on: February 14, 2013, 09:50 PM »

Please check what your zoom level is set at by clicking the main menu in Chrome (top right) and seeing what it lists there.

Done that, zoomed out, and the slidey things have gone away! The things I learn here! Thanks

Nothing to do with MW, but any ideas on why our internet cuts out for about a minute  every half hour , on the dot? It's infuriating, and engineers have looked into it, but failed to fix it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4326 on: February 14, 2013, 09:51 PM »

Anyway, that all being said, I have just made a change in the code which should remove the scrollbar for you zoomers.

I'm not against zooming, and I do it myself on some websites. But just don't expect things to always look right. Smile
Mark - I must have done it entirely by mistake because I very rarely use zoom on any website. 
[ Last edit by Aileen February 14, 2013, 09:55 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4327 on: February 14, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Mark - I must have done it entirely by mistake because I very rarely use zoom on any website.
I've done it a few times by mistake as well.

Done that, zoomed out, and the slidey things have gone away!
Good to see you back at 100% zoom.

Nothing to do with MW, but any ideas on why our internet cuts out for about a minute  every half hour , on the dot? It's infuriating, and engineers have looked into it, but failed to fix it.
That is very strange and sounds like an issue with your ISP. I had a recent weird issue where every time I loaded an HD YouTube, my internet would cut out for a minute. Turned out that the ISP was sending data too fast for the line to handle.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4328 on: February 14, 2013, 09:57 PM »

I've done it a few times by mistake as well.
I must have somehow hit CTRL + PLUS because when I do use zoom I use that option in the Chrome menu.  I did think the print looked slightly larger though but never made the connection.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4329 on: February 14, 2013, 10:02 PM »

Same here!

That is very strange and sounds like an issue with your ISP. I had a recent weird issue where every time I loaded an HD YouTube, my internet would cut out for a minute. Turned out that the ISP was sending data too fast for the line to handle.

We changed everything to Orange/EE, because we were getting such rubbish service from AOL and BT (I posted an F- speed test!). Problems don't seem entirely solved yet though.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4330 on: February 14, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Well, I know it sounds obvious but do a virus scan because perhaps there's some sort of virus sending out information every half hour. Do a scan with 'Avast!' and 'Malwarebytes'.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4331 on: February 14, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Well, I know it sounds obvious but do a virus scan because perhaps there's some sort of virus sending out information every half hour. Do a scan with 'Avast!' and 'Malwarebytes'.

Think we've done that, but will check. Thanks.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4332 on: February 15, 2013, 06:07 PM »

That was actually just before I replied to Emma on the previous page. It was when I optimised the tables for her which caused a bit of downtime. I thought it would only be 2 minutes but turned out the process went a little weird. Let me know if it happens again.

It's true. I do make Mark sometimes very nervous.  devil

:p
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4333 on: February 15, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Mark, I kid you not. This has just happened to be again just when I was about to post on that Room 101 thread. It logged me out though no messages this time. I had to log back in.

Unless you have timed things this time with the new server change.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4334 on: February 15, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Mark, I kid you not. This has just happened to be again just when I was about to post on that Room 101 thread. It logged me out though no messages this time.
Hey Mark, you were right....it worked. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »