Andy Murray vs Donald Young, Friday, Estimated time - 4:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 375 Reply

Questions & Updates

Monthly payments smack of things you're forced to do - not things you do for enjoyment. 
Maybe that's how you see things Elly, but I don't because charities always give you that option and nobody's forcing you to give.  The same goes for livestreams like Eurosport and tennisTV.  Donations can always be cancelled, and if people have the freedom to do that, then it becomes more attractive.
IP Logged

The difficult decision is whether to accept donations,
due to?
IP Logged

Of course you should accept donations.  If donations exceed expenditure, then you need to organise an MW get together with the leftovers!
At a rough guess, last year was probably around £500... I'm not sure goals would ever be met but it would be interesting to see the progress.
IP Logged

The difficult decision is whether to accept donations, not the various payment options made available.
I definitely think you should as well.  MW means a lot to a lot of people, and the diversity and freedom that the forum offers is great.
IP Logged

Maybe that's how you see things Elly, but I don't because charities always give you that option and nobody's forcing you to give.  The same goes for livestreams like Eurosport and tennisTV.  Donations can always be cancelled, and if people have the freedom to do that, then it becomes more attractive.
I'm not sure I'm following, Aileen.  Of course nobody is forcing you to give - but my direct debits do!
IP Logged

due to?
It's always been about image.

I definitely think you should as well.  MW means a lot to a lot of people, and the diversity and freedom that the forum offers is great.
Very Happy
IP Logged

It's always been about image.
Very Happy
What do you mean?
IP Logged

What do you mean?
When I see websites with a donation button, it just makes it look less professional to me.
IP Logged

What about if you put it in a thread in Underground, and advised every member to it there by PM.
And when any new member joins, bring it to their attention.
IP Logged

What about if you put it in a thread in Underground, and advised every member to it there by PM.
And when any new member joins, bring it to their attention.
I suppose the issue is having it clearly showing on the homepage like most websites do... if I avoid that then it might be alright.
IP Logged

When I see websites with a donation button, it just makes it look less professional to me.
You are providing a service and you deserve, at the very least, to have your costs covered.
IP Logged

Lets be different and do it incognito .
IP Logged

You are providing a service and you deserve, at the very least, to have your costs covered.
hug

Well, I've mirrored the server and will experiment on this.

Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged

If we do it incognito, how will anyone know we are wanting charitable donations?
IP Logged

If we do it incognito, how will anyone know we are wanting charitable donations?
I think Robbie is talking about keeping it to the forum rather than the main site.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 375 Reply