Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Questions & Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 ... 366 Go Down Reply
Author

Questions & Updates

(Read 62719 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4920 on: March 27, 2013, 06:09 PM »

I hope it ceases now. Were you considering changing servers?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4921 on: March 27, 2013, 06:14 PM »

I hope it ceases now. Were you considering changing servers?

I was considering not using Cloudflare for a while but knew it would be sorted - they are an amazing company.

By the way, this doesn't relate to OUR server. CloudFlare is a middleman we use to increase speeds and help protect us from attacks. If I wanted to stop using them, it would mean you would simply come direct to our server in New York rather than travelling through CloudFlare first.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4922 on: March 27, 2013, 06:15 PM »

I was considering not using Cloudflare for a while but knew it would be sorted - they are an amazing company.

By the way, this doesn't relate to OUR server. CloudFlare is a middleman we use to increase speeds and help protect us from attacks. If I wanted to stop using them, it would mean you would simply come direct to our server in New York.

Ah right I see.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4923 on: March 27, 2013, 06:20 PM »

I had a couple of exchanges with the CEO of CloudFlare on Twitter. I feel a little guilty being so harsh considering he was dealing with a historical event and the reason they were the target is because they are now the superheroes of the Internet.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4924 on: March 27, 2013, 06:23 PM »

I had a couple of exchanges with the CEO of CloudFlare on Twitter. I feel a little guilty being so harsh considering he was dealing with a historical event and the reason they were the target is because they are now the superheroes of the Internet.

I heard they got involved in the squabble resulting in them being a target.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4925 on: March 27, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I heard they got involved in the squabble resulting in them being a target.
Only in the sense Spamhaus wanted to use their service for protection and CloudFlare simply allowed them.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4926 on: March 27, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Can't believe I just found this thread now!

Mark,I've noticed that for a little while now,sometimes when I click on the ''new replies to your post" button,if I'm the last one to have commented on a thread,it brings up the option to go to my comment.It doesn't always happen,but then it randomly does.It's not really a problem,but it never used to happen (if I was the last to have commented then obviously it would just show up as "no messages") and now it's randomly happening on and off,so I was just wondering,is that supposed to be happening?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4927 on: March 27, 2013, 11:31 PM »

It's not meant to happen. I'll talk with the forum support to see if they have any idea.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4928 on: March 27, 2013, 11:45 PM »

OK,thanks Mark!

It's not a big deal,but with the way it's been randomly happening on and off it's been weird-didn't know whether it was just me or it was some new thing being tried out on the forum or what.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4929 on: March 27, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Can't believe I just found this thread now!

Mark,I've noticed that for a little while now,sometimes when I click on the ''new replies to your post" button,if I'm the last one to have commented on a thread,it brings up the option to go to my comment.It doesn't always happen,but then it randomly does.It's not really a problem,but it never used to happen (if I was the last to have commented then obviously it would just show up as "no messages") and now it's randomly happening on and off,so I was just wondering,is that supposed to be happening?
Can't believe I've never used the "new replies to your post" function!  But trying it now it's bringing up 25 pages of "updated topics" going back to February 2010, which was shortly after I joined MW, so how is it actually supposed to work?  Also it's showing the last posts from people today on threads I haven't been on for weeks but which I know have been quite active.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4930 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58 PM »

I think it's basically for people who don't browse the forum regularly but want to keep track of their occasional contributions. I don't think it's suitable for you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4931 on: March 28, 2013, 12:04 AM »

Thanks.  Probably the reason why I've never used it.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4932 on: March 28, 2013, 12:08 AM »

Can't believe I've never used the "new replies to your post" function!  But trying it now it's bringing up 25 pages of "updated topics" going back to February 2010, which was shortly after I joined MW, so how is it actually supposed to work?  Also it's showing the last posts from people today on threads I haven't been on for weeks but which I know have been quite active.

It brings up any replies you haven't read yet to any threads you've posted in,so you don't have to go and check if someone has written in them after you.It's only for ones you've posted in though,it doesn't alert you to any new threads that have been replied to or anything.

Of course,with you being here for such a while now,you'd have MILLIONS of unread replies coming up if you've never checked them!(Once you do,they're marked as read,and the thread doesn't show up again in the unread replies section until/unless someone else posts in it.)If you want to use it,but don't want to wade through all those threads,there is a "mark all messages as read" option you might have noticed,which would let you start off with a clean slate.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4933 on: March 28, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Of course,with you being here for such a while now,you'd have MILLIONS of unread replies coming up if you've never checked them!(Once you do,they're marked as read,and the thread doesn't show up again in the unread replies section until/unless someone else posts in it.)
That'll keep her busy for a while. Just don't tell her about the 'Mark ALL messages as read' link.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Questions & Updates « Reply #4934 on: March 28, 2013, 12:10 AM »

That'll keep her busy for a while. Just don't tell her about the 'Mark ALL messages as read' link.
Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 ... 366 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »