Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  What's up with my messageboard Mark? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Down Reply
Author

What's up with my messageboard Mark?

(Read 11999 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #870 on: December 15, 2006, 02:03 AM »

That's such a shame because this mod is pretty cool...

Im not getting the problems you are mentioning Laura confused

When I read a thread, it becomes an unread thread and new replies are shown as new replies search me

EDIT: I just emptied the PHP cache.. might help :/
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2006, 02:04 AM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #871 on: December 15, 2006, 02:06 AM »

Still getting them...maybe it's just my computer....?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #872 on: December 15, 2006, 02:07 AM »

Wait - it marks itself as 'read' but only if I reply to a topic - so this one is marking itself a read, but the ones in ChitChat and Tennis Talk aren't, because I haven't posted in them, just looked  at them.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #873 on: December 15, 2006, 02:08 AM »

Clear your cookies...? :P
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #874 on: December 15, 2006, 02:08 AM »

Still getting them...maybe it's just my computer....?
So when you read a new reply and go back and refresh.. it STILL says it is unread?

Would you be ever so kind as to clear your cache/cookies? Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #875 on: December 15, 2006, 02:09 AM »

Oh I hate doing that, but yes I will do it :P
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #876 on: December 15, 2006, 02:10 AM »

Oh I hate doing that, but yes I will do it :P
Much appreciated! Smile

So does it show as unread on the forum index or within the forum category or both?

And you are using Firefox?
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2006, 02:10 AM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #877 on: December 15, 2006, 02:14 AM »

New developments!!

1. I have cleared my cookies. It didn't help.

2. I am using IE.

3. The problem is with the forum index - the forum categories are fine.

4. When I post, it marks the topic as read when I refresh the forum index.

5. If I just look at a post, it doesn't mark as read when I refresh the forum index.

6. HOWEVER, if I go into the forum category directly from the forum index page (i.e. not to a topic, just to the category) and there are no new posts and THEN I return to the forum index, everythin is marked as read.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #878 on: December 15, 2006, 02:14 AM »

I think I reproduced your problem in IE...

I posted under a different user name > I saw on the forum index that there was a new post > I went straight to the new reply instead of first going into the relevant forum section > I went back to the forum index by clicking the link-tree and it still said unread.

That is the problem I assume? And if so then I shall simply uninstall the mod, this was a fairly simple procedure in the first place so no lost time.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #879 on: December 15, 2006, 02:15 AM »

That is indeed the problem Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #880 on: December 15, 2006, 02:19 AM »

Removed the mod, cleared the PHP cache, optimized tables, recounted forum statistics, checked for errors and the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your assistance Laura... it was fun whilst it lasted   nah
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #881 on: December 15, 2006, 02:23 AM »

Cheers Mark Smile Sorry you had to get rid of the mod...tis roobish!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #882 on: December 15, 2006, 02:23 AM »

Cheers Mark Smile Sorry you had to get rid of the mod...tis roobish!
It's good really! yes

Just has a bug probably with the PHP cache that is running on this server.. I'll go report it Smile
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2006, 02:24 AM ] IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #883 on: December 15, 2006, 03:00 AM »

The forum went all weird on me just now... started sending me email notifications of replies, when I never subscribed to the topics!

Looked in my profile, it was set to automatically turn on notification if I replied to a post. confused
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What's up with my messageboard Mark? « Reply #884 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03 AM »

Very odd... could just be a random database screw u.. I think those happen now and again Think

Anyway, I have forced the notifications on replies off on all accounts just in case something happened.
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2006, 03:03 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »