Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Andy hopes for Team Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy hopes for Team Murray

(Read 623 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Andy hopes for Team Murray « on: December 10, 2005, 04:34 AM »

Source: Scotsman
ANDY Murray said yesterday it would be "a great thrill" if he could partner his brother, Jamie, in next year's Davis Cup. The British No3 admitted that it might take another year for his older sibling to break into the team, but would not rule out the prospect of Team Murray playing in the tie scheduled for Braehead Arena in April.

Murray said:
I definitely think it's a possibility. He's had a lot of good results in doubles recently and I think he really impressed a lot of people in Aberdeen. I think 2007 might be a bit more realistic, but yeah, of course, playing Davis Cup with your brother for your country would be a great thrill.

GB Davis Cup captain, Jeremy Bates, said:
I have been very impressed with Jamie. He has an unorthodox game that can give a lot of people trouble. I think he played great in Aberdeen and he has a natural chemistry with his brother.

With Tim Henman retired from Davis Cup duty, Rusedski and the younger Murray will be Britain's principal singles players in next year's tournament.

- Full Story (scotsman.com)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Andy hopes for Team Murray « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 09:32 PM »

I would really love to see Andy and Jamie play together at the Braehead Arena in April, but I doubt it'll happen in 2006.   Frown

However, having witnessed Andy's determination to make what he wants to happen become a reality..... who knows  dontknow   Question  crossfingers  Maybe!
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Andy hopes for Team Murray « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:53 AM »

yeah whatever andy says seems to get knocked down as an unrealistic target and then he surpasses it
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »