Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Courier delivers Murray verdict 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Courier delivers Murray verdict

(Read 666 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Courier delivers Murray verdict « on: September 21, 2005, 01:31 AM »

The Times Online has an interesting article with former world no1, Jim Courier, who gives his verdict on Andy Murray and what he thinks about his likely face-off with Federer at the Davis Cup later this week.

Courier said:
What is imperative is that Andy plays this match. I know that Jeremy (Bates, the Britain captain) might be thinking of saving him for later in the tie, but he has to be tested against the best and this is trial by fire of the best kind. While Murray is the prohibitive underdog, the experience he is going to gain in the long run is the important factor.

I feel the passion he brings to the court. Fear would be the first reaction of most people to a match like this, but I don’t sense that in Murray. He has to be spot-on perfect and hope Federer has an off-day, sure, and there are physical issues with him (Murray), but they can wait until he stops playing this year. There are times when the game gets ahead of your head and your body.

- Full Story (timesonline.co.uk)

Courier isn't the only tennis star who's recently been praising Andy - current world no1, Roger Federer, has recently revealed that he believes the 18-year-old is "a great player" and "a talent".

Feder said:
Andy Murray is clearly a talent. I hadn't really heard of him until Wimbledon this summer, when he reached the third round, but he has had some good results since then and I think that the Swiss team have to watch out for him.

We didn't know Murray that well when we picked the surface. But no matter what surface you play on against Murray he's become a great player over the last few months. It's tougher than expected all of a sudden, but I still think that we are big favourites.

- Full Story (telegraph.co.uk)
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »