Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Dismal Murray falls to Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Dismal Murray falls to Chardy

(Read 10296 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #210 on: August 18, 2012, 09:39 PM »

^ The patriotic kind. The passionate kind.  The Non- toff  kind.  no?

You said it my brother! lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #211 on: August 18, 2012, 09:48 PM »

'Patriotic' you say? Interesting. Since when have you become patriotic, Emma?
And I haven't 'conveniently forgotten' anything. I can dig out your posts if you like?
I've got lots of time. Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #212 on: August 18, 2012, 09:54 PM »

'Patriotic' you say? Interesting. Since when have you become patriotic, Emma?
And I haven't 'conveniently forgotten' anything. I can dig out your posts if you like?
I've got lots of time. Very Happy

The right kind of support means supporting your player in the true sense but I am sure you know this already. And you always have lots of time so that's nothing new, really.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #213 on: August 18, 2012, 10:09 PM »

What do you mean by supporting "in the true sense."?  I honestly don't know what you mean.
Could you please answer this one yourself. Thanks.
And you know the reason why I have lots of time.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #214 on: August 18, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Jerry
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #215 on: August 18, 2012, 11:05 PM »

Just for the record Big Nose's calculations re number of matches played seems to be a bit out.

Fed 14 tournaments/68 matches/1742 games
NJ 12 tournaments/65 matches/1582 games
Nadal 11 tournaments/58 matches/1309 games
Murray 14 tournaments/67 matches/1695 games
Ferrer 17 tournaments/75 matches/1785 games

My maths is not totally reliable, but Big Nose seemed to miss out doubles matches. Ferrer's score is higher because he seems to have played some tournaments missing any other major players. I couldn't find the data for length of matches, which would also be a factor.

This should refute (not that there is any need to refute anything), the accusation that there is no reason for Murray to be tired.  Fed also had a big wadge of time off earlier in the year.

I agree with whoever said these sorts of numbers are meaningless really, they don't include practice hours under slave driving coaches called Ivan Lendl...!!!  However they should put to bed the nonsensical accusations that Mr M is not physically or mentally strong. We all know the extreme pressure he puts himself under, and which the Great British Public out their only decent player under. Some folks need to get real.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #216 on: August 18, 2012, 11:15 PM »

I've been reading the posts for years and only after Andy's defeat by Chardy decided I had to join the forum in order to have my say re "Dismal Murray". As an antidote to Andy's detractors and prophets of doom sit down and watch the Olympic final again, as I did last night .
He was absolutely brilliant and his talent has not suddenly disappeared so get a grip and look forward to the US open. I will support Andy as long as he can hold a tennis raquet and I can get up in the middle of the night to watch dodgy streams etc. Onwards and upwards Andy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #217 on: August 19, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Teejay1 @14:18
Great post

Thank you!
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #218 on: August 19, 2012, 12:12 AM »

That sounds to me like a dedicated fan/supporter from [email protected] highfive
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #219 on: August 19, 2012, 01:05 AM »

I've been reading the posts for years and only after Andy's defeat by Chardy decided I had to join the forum in order to have my say re "Dismal Murray". As an antidote to Andy's detractors and prophets of doom sit down and watch the Olympic final again, as I did last night .
He was absolutely brilliant and his talent has not suddenly disappeared so get a grip and look forward to the US open. I will support Andy as long as he can hold a tennis raquet and I can get up in the middle of the night to watch dodgy streams etc. Onwards and upwards Andy.
Just watched it again for the umpteenth time ,he is brilliant.He had a bad day .thats all .
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #220 on: August 19, 2012, 01:20 AM »

Just for the record Big Nose's calculations re number of matches played seems to be a bit out.

Fed 14 tournaments/68 matches/1742 games
NJ 12 tournaments/65 matches/1582 games
Nadal 11 tournaments/58 matches/1309 games
Murray 14 tournaments/67 matches/1695 games
Ferrer 17 tournaments/75 matches/1785 games

My maths is not totally reliable, but Big Nose seemed to miss out doubles matches. Ferrer's score is higher because he seems to have played some tournaments missing any other major players. I couldn't find the data for length of matches, which would also be a factor.

This should refute (not that there is any need to refute anything), the accusation that there is no reason for Murray to be tired.  Fed also had a big wadge of time off earlier in the year.

I agree with whoever said these sorts of numbers are meaningless really, they don't include practice hours under slave driving coaches called Ivan Lendl...!!!  However they should put to bed the nonsensical accusations that Mr M is not physically or mentally strong. We all know the extreme pressure he puts himself under, and which the Great British Public out their only decent player under. Some folks need to get real.

Andy was under extreme pressure both during Wimbledon and Olympics and he handled it quite well. After that sort of performance, anyone is bound to get physically tired and mentally exhausted and it showed in Andy while he was here in Toronto.

Anyway, good post Masaka. Hopefully, he'll be well rested and fully prepared for the US Open.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #221 on: August 19, 2012, 02:31 AM »

As first posts go, that's right  up there.

I just watched the entire OG final too; and I would urge any doubters out there to do the same. You will not walk away from it thinking that a loss to Chardy is something that needs 15 pages of discussion, nor that it is fair to tag him as "dismal".

I was very cynical coming out of RG and I am ridiculously glad to be wrong. The truth is that Andy has decided to play more aggressive and I for one welcome that. Even if it does mean going out in a MS title early.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #222 on: August 19, 2012, 02:50 AM »

Hey madabouttheboy. (Let me guess what boy you are mad about wink)

Welcome to the forum, and glad you took the plunge to join. As a fellow Ontarian, I too know the joy of shuffling to the computer in the dark wee hours, all bleary-eyed, trying not to wake anyone, to watch a dodgy stream. It's a terrible affliction and addiction, but must be done in the name of Andy.
I have the Olympic Final on my PVR, and it is one of my most treasured posessions. A truly magical bursting-with-pride moment.

Will support him always, everywhere, at every tournament.

Look forward to more of your posts.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #223 on: August 19, 2012, 07:01 AM »

@madabouttheboy   clap and welcome bounce
[ Last edit by blueberryhill August 19, 2012, 11:20 AM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #224 on: August 19, 2012, 08:34 AM »

so glad you've finally decided to join in madaboutheboy - we need more voices of sanity like yours right now   clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »