Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Dismal Murray falls to Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Dismal Murray falls to Chardy

(Read 10246 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « on: August 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Andy Murray crashed out of the Cincinnati masters after a dreadful performance against Jeremy Chardy. Murray looked beaten from the sixth game of the first set, losing 6-4, 6-4.

The defending champion struggled with all aspects of his game, alternating between extreme passivity and reckless abandon. His opponent, on the other hand, played with a consistent measured aggression and capitalised on the plethora of unforced errors spraying from the Scot's racquet.

The last two weeks have been far from ideal preparation for the US Open. Murray will enter the final slam of the season with just two competitive wins in the US hard court swing.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:21 PM »

Awful performance. Can't wait to read the presser transcript.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Oh do you have to write up Andy's first poor match for ages with quite such glee boogers?
Seemed to me something wasn't right with him.  He was so flat, not even getting fired up when he made some great shots.  Not sure if it was physical or mental or both. 
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Oh do you have to write up Andy's first poor match for ages with quite such glee boogers?
Seemed to me something wasn't right with him.  He was so flat, not even getting fired up when he made some great shots.  Not sure if it was physical or mental or both. 

Phil is dying inside, he just expresses it as glee. This will have ruined his week really.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:30 PM »

well you could have fooled me Joe
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31 PM »

well you could have fooled me Joe

He wouldn't have posted on this site for so long if he wasn't a genuine fan. It's just his way of coping. He's the opposite of Emma Jean, who must be on lithium or something.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Out of idle curiously, what exactly is gleeful about the report?

I'm certainly not happy about the result, but nor do I care an awful lot. I've long since accepted that Murray is closer, consistency wise, to the rest of the top 100 than he is to the top 3.

By that I mean he enjoys periods of brilliant play and great results, interspersed with early exits and poor performances.

He wouldn't have posted on this site for so long if he wasn't a genuine fan. It's just his way of coping. He's the opposite of Emma Jean, who must be on lithium or something.

lol

Correct on all counts. I like supporting a high profile British player, firstly because that tiny nationalistic sliver in me enjoys it and secondly because Murray is indirectly encouraging kids to take up tennis. Which is a great thing.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:36 PM »

It's the tone, especially of your follow up posting
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:40 PM »

I have to agree with you Ruthie,i feel Andy was flat tonight not even able to fire himself up.We may be disapointed,but im sure Andy will be even more disapointed,lets give the lad a break he's just won the olympic GOLD medal.Im sure Federer would not have cared weather he'd have won here or lost if he'd won the GOLD at the olympics.If Andy goes to the US and wins there this loss will become a distant memory.We as his tennis fans want him to go out and win every time he plays and when that dosent happen were disapointed.But im sure he will go away now and do some work with Lendl,before the US starts.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:41 PM »

It's the tone, especially of your follow up posting

We must all get used to Felipe's ways. He doesn't mean it. For some, sporting disappointment is expressed as true sorrow. For others, it comes out as anger.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43 PM »

[/i]

lmao

The bit of the match I saw and Andy looked far from his best. There may be some lingering knee issues but he looked flat and disinterested and didn't look like he deserved to win that match.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 08:44 PM »

We must all get used to Felipe's ways. He doesn't mean it. For some, sporting disappointment is expressed as true sorrow. For others, it comes out as anger.

Quite. (and for others is seems to trigger bat-**** insanity and bizarre conspiracy theories) Ah well. All fun and games.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 08:47 PM »

This a come down after the Olympics perhaps?

I don't think Andy did anything particularly wrong up until the point when he was broken for the first time. And in the 2nd set his serve went missing and he became panicked by that and Chardy's persistent aggression and lack of errors from it.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 08:47 PM »

[/i]

lmao

The bit of the match I saw and Andy looked far from his best. There may be some lingering knee issues but he looked flat and disinterested and didn't look like he deserved to win that match.

Hazel my dear, what's this social manager tag about??
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:48 PM »

I agree with Haze. Andy looked very lethargic. Hope it was just the heat, he looked awful hot, never seen him quite so red in face and neck. Perhaps he just hasn't acclimatised?
Rather that than knee, back etc.
In spite of serving 10 aces his serve was poor though. He's got to do something about that and quickly.
Oh and Chardy played well, no doubt about that and Andy didn't seem to be able to keep the ball away from hid forehand. Not thinking at all clearly.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »