Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Dismal Murray falls to Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Dismal Murray falls to Chardy

(Read 9974 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Murray just dosen't care about Masters anymore. I mean he hasn't won one this year and only made the QFs or better of 2...thats very poor form. All about the slams and medals this Murray. Very Happy

On a serious note - I am very concerned about his serve on Hc compared to grass, however I think USO conditions will be slightly slower than Cincy - which is good! And i imagine he'll head down there early now and maximise his practice time there.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50 PM »

Hope Novack wins here now,Chardy might have beat Andy because he was having an off day,all players get off days,but a fit Delpo will beat him.Everybody keeps saying how can he go out and beat Sam who's a better and higher ranked player than Chardy,then go out and play such crap to a lower ranked player.But Sam maybe the higher ranked player but iv never rated him,Chardy is a much better player than Sam.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 08:55 PM »

^ I agree Caroline and Chardy played well, let's not forget that. He's been inconsistent and hence is not ranked higher.
In best of 3 anything can happen. A top player can have a (very) off day and a less good player can play unusually well. It happens.
And people let's remember Queens and what happened next b4 we get too down -hearted.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Hi All,

With all due respect, I think dismal is a bit harsh, and banding words like dreadful around doesn't help either.

It was just one of those days. No one plays well 100% of the time, no one, and this was just Andy's time for a bad day. At times Chardy played very well, all credit to him for that, but at other times he just got very, very lucky. I swear that net was French lol. Andy just looked not quite there today, that's all. His team looked half asleep as well, so just a bad day all around.

It had all the feel to me of the Mahut match at Queen's, where basically whatever Andy did he just couldn't find it when he needed it. It happens. It happened to Djokovic at the Olympics against Del Potro, and Federer for that matter, and we all know who he played. The result at Queen's bore no relation to Andy's progression at Wimbledon, and neither will this.

This result isn't remotely relevant to the USO, and there's no point in pretending that it is and getting worried about it, or worse, speculating that he will fall flat on his face at Flushing Meadows. He won't. It is a disappointment for Andy, that much was obvious, and probably a little embarrassing for him as well, given that he has done so well this summer, but it isn't an issue moving forward to the USO. In fact it might well be a blessing in disguise. It might give him chance to have a couple of days off before he has to get in to his USO preparations. The schedule has been so packed this year, what with the Olympics on top of the usual schedule. A bit of time off, at least I think, won't do Andy any harm at all.

I think Mark Petchey summed it all up rather well. Just a bad day at the office, better now than at the US Open. I will just add that I will only worry if Chardy makes the second week of the USO and Andy doesn't. Something about snowballs and chances in hell springs to mind.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Murray just dosen't care about Masters anymore. I mean he hasn't won one this year and only made the QFs or better of 2...thats very poor form. All about the slams and medals this Murray. Very Happy

On a serious note - I am very concerned about his serve on Hc compared to grass, however I think USO conditions will be slightly slower than Cincy - which is good! And i imagine he'll head down there early now and maximise his practice time there.

Hi Rachie and all,

The thing is though, you make light of it, but your first point is right. It is all about the majors now for Andy. He has said that himself often enough.

Another Masters or two would be nice, but it isn't essential in the bigger picture. Trying to win majors is.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 08:59 PM »

Hazel my dear, what's this social manager tag about??

Oh I've been given the job of doing more with our facebook and twitter pages Smile Mark asked me because I like to talk too much lol
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 09:00 PM »

Oh I've been given the job of doing more with our facebook and twitter pages Smile Mark asked me because I like to talk too much lol

I see - I thought it involved organising nights out! lol
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 09:02 PM »

Andy lost to the better player on the day so what that happens.He got to the finals at Wimbledon won a GOLD medal at the olympics i'll take that any day.He could have gone out in the first round at Wimbledon not won a medal at the olympics,lost early in Toronto and gone out here today and then we may have had something to worry about then.But this loss will give him a bit more time with Ivan to work on a few things that were not working to well today.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Chardy played well and for whatever reason. from the middle of the first set, Andy didn't.   Maybe it's reaction, maybe he's off-colour, maybe it was strategic - who knows?  Would you want to play Delpo, followed by Djoko, followed by Fed on successive days in those conditions?  He'll head off to New York and get himself acclimatised - who's to say that's not a better preparation than staying in the heat of Cincy until Sunday?  Boogers - I feel sorry for you.  Big Nose - I have no words to express my disdain.  Oh and there's no way Andy isn't going to make the WTF.  
[ Last edit by Alis August 16, 2012, 09:13 PM ] IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06 PM »

Andy got through big Sam quite easy without expending serious energy. Today he played an opponent who played high risk tennis in which Andy would have to expend a vast amount of energy to defend against if his opponent played well.

Andy has played a lot of tennis and looks tired and understandably he was not willing to go into the tank again.

On the other hand Nole has played deep into tournaments since May and might just have nothing left in New York as I am sure if he won Gold in London Djokovic would have skipped one of either Toronto or Cincy.

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08 PM »

Chardy played well and for whatever reason. from the middle of the second set, Andy didn't.   Maybe it's reaction, maybe he's off-colour, maybe it was strategic - who knows?  Would you want to play Delpo, followed by Djoko, followed by Fed on successive days in those conditions?  He'll head off to New York and get himself acclimatised - who's to say that's not a better preparation than staying in the heat of Cincy until Sunday?  Boogers - I feel sorry for you.  Big Nose - I have no words to express my disdain.  Oh and there's no way Andy isn't going to make the WTF. 

Well said.  Could not agree more.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11 PM »

Andy got through big Sam quite easy without expending serious energy. Today he played an opponent who played high risk tennis in which Andy would have to expend a vast amount of energy to defend against if his opponent played well.

Andy has played a lot of tennis and looks tired and understandably he was not willing to go into the tank again.

thumb up

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 09:15 PM »

Do I really want to read press and watch the match?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 09:26 PM »

I lost my mix dubs match today as well  Frown  SIGH.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 09:27 PM »

Do I really want to read press and watch the match?

No
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »