Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Dismal Murray falls to Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Dismal Murray falls to Chardy

(Read 10126 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23 PM »

Nice positive posting Philip.   I hope you're right.  My only one doubt is the one Petch expressed ie the lack of hard court match practice.  Still that proved not to be a problem at Wimbledon where we all had exactly the same fears. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25 PM »

I personally think this is a blessing in disguise.

Imagine if Andy had won and gone on to beat Delpo, Nole and Fed, he would be knackered comes Sunday and then flying to New York will leave insufficient time to be fully prepared for the USO.

This way Andy gets a chance to reach NY by Friday/Saturday, spend a couple of days / a week working on various strokes (FHs, serve, ...) and time to relax and unwind and savour the Olympic Gold & Silver achievements, and be fresh and fully ready for the USO.  The poor guy hasn't had time to even put the medals in his trophy cabinet for God's sake and lack of sleep must be catching up.  His head is probably still buzzing from the olympic matches and from team GB performance.
Thank you Philip for these sensible comments.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 10:26 PM »

Think something wasnt right and this isnt based on watching Andy but the reaction of his team.  Normally they will yell, jump up and down right to the last point. They showed several shots of them during that last set and at no point were they doing that, they looked resigned to a loss. What did they know?
I've just watched the match back on fast forward ,  and your right, how astute and I agree with Ruthie  he would never say if he was feeling unwell, but a huge difference today from yesterday.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Imagine if Andy had won and gone on to beat Delpo, Nole and Fed, he would be knackered comes Sunday and then flying to New York will leave insufficient time to be fully prepared for the USO.

This way Andy gets a chance to reach NY by Friday/Saturday, spend a couple of days / a week working on various strokes (FHs, serve, ...) and time to relax and unwind and savour the Olympic Gold & Silver monumental achievements, and be fresh and fully ready for the USO.  The poor guy hasn't had time to even put the medals in his trophy cabinet for God's sake and lack of sleep must be catching up.  His head is probably still buzzing from the olympic matches and from team GB performance.

Based on what I saw at the Olympic SF & Final, I firmly believe that this website Gold medal will be adorned with a GS trophy within the next 12 months, possibly even at this USO.
Totally agree, have a good feeling about the USO .
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 10:55 PM »

He lost a match today - it really is not the end of the world. Let's not forget that Lendl is still very much a work in progress. It has not suddenly stopped because he has got a gold medal. I am not totally convinced of the US Open this year.  However I remain convinced that he will get his Grand Slam. I think after the last couple of months he is physically and mentally exhausted. Let's not read too much doom and gloom into this. Quite honestly if he didn't win anything else ever again, which is not going to happen, the joy of the Olympics would be more than adequate repayment for supporting him. Perhaps he needs time to retreat, retrench and rearm.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 10:56 PM »

I agree with most of the comments posted, I think it is coming down from the high of the Olympics together with getting used to the heat and different playing surface has taken its toll.  We don't know what is going on in Andy's private life which would affect him if there were problems.  I agree with Philip, why knock himself out playing Delpo, Djokovic, etc. and risk injury and not competing in the US Open, perhaps that had a psychological impact, who knows.  I am sure that Andy is focused on the US Open and will want to get to NY as soon as he can and meet up with Ivan Lendl to discuss the Open, I very much doubt the Cincy match will be high on the agenda.  I would be interested to hear if Lendl would have stuck to the schedule Andy had and noticed that he is now in charge of Andy's schedule for the future, does this mean the schedule was wrong in the past?
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 10:56 PM »

Still say it will be the Australian Open that will be Andy's first GS.
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Somebody send for Andy's medals!  I'm sure just fondling them before an important tournament, like US Open will focus his mind and fill his body with feel good, positive vibes!  grouphug

As far as getting used to the hard courts, well it's his favourite surface, so it won't take long.  racquet 

What would be nice, would be an easy opening match or two and a decent draw for his half.  'Cause after all - udaman now!  The sort of draw that  Roger usually gets would do. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04 PM »

I see - I thought it involved organising nights out! lol

That could cause more problems then it would solve lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18 PM »

I've just watched the match back on fast forward ,  and your right, how astute and I agree with Ruthie  he would never say if he was feeling unwell, but a huge difference today from yesterday.
I think the reason is that Andy must have been knackered after the Olympics, both physically and mentally and, as Philip says, has never had time to recover.  Coming down off a huge adrenaline high like that takes time.  How many other medal-winning athletes were going straight on to another competition and having to fly to a different time zone as well?  All the ones I heard said were going to have a long holiday!
IP Logged
TeamMurrayyyyy
Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Here we go again,,,roller coaster Murray Mania....Federer gave England a gift by letting Murray win the Gold Medal...ask anyone who knows tennis...and they will deep inside agree Federer gifted England the Gold!
Now all Murry maniacs can answer and attack back!  Ha Ha cmon yeah nervous Whistle confused imsorry bigbounce cheers
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 12:28 AM »

I think the reason is that Andy must have been knackered after the Olympics, both physically and mentally and, as Philip says, has never had time to recover.  Coming down off a huge adrenaline high like that takes time.  How many other medal-winning athletes were going straight on to another competition and having to fly to a different time zone as well?  All the ones I heard said were going to have a long holiday!

I agree that he must be tired.  I hope he gets to New York quickly, takes a few days off and then starts getting for what it's all about .. the US Open.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 12:33 AM »

Here we go again,,,roller coaster Murray Mania....Federer gave England a gift by letting Murray win the Gold Medal...ask anyone who knows tennis...and they will deep inside agree Federer gifted England the Gold!
Now all Murry maniacs can answer and attack back!  Ha Ha cmon yeah nervous Whistle confused imsorry bigbounce cheers
Jeez - you're so thick that you can't even differentiate between England and Great Britain, so what can you possibly know about tennis?! roflmao
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 12:34 AM »

This way Andy gets a chance to reach NY by Friday/Saturday, spend a couple of days / a week working on various strokes (FHs, serve, ...) and time to relax and unwind and savour the Olympic Gold & Silver monumental achievements, and be fresh and fully ready for the USO.  The poor guy hasn't had time to even put the medals in his trophy cabinet for God's sake and lack of sleep must be catching up.  His head is probably still buzzing from the olympic matches and from team GB performance.

Based on what I saw at the Olympic SF & Final, I firmly believe that this website Gold medal will be adorned with a GS trophy within the next 12 months, possibly even at this USO.
Ditto that. Everything happens for the best. Would've been nice to win again in Cincinnati but never mind. (Hot, humid, muggy there now, unless you can play in the cooler evening).  All will be better in a week and a half in New York.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 12:36 AM »

Now all Murry maniacs can answer and attack back!  Ha Ha cmon yeah nervous Whistle confused imsorry bigbounce cheers
Jeez - you're so thick that you can't even differentiate between England and Great Britain, so what can you possibly know about tennis?! roflmao

Geography is obviously not their strong point. Although, tennis doesn't seem to be either.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »