Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Dismal Murray falls to Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy  (Read 9162 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #240 on: August 19, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Hi mad, I see you are from Canada as well. We now have 5 of them and soon we are going to take over MW. :p

Welcome to our slightly dysfunctional family but we do try our best to function properly on a daily basis. I think you will fit just right in - not right away but eventually. Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #241 on: August 19, 2012, 06:05 PM »

Any one following the Cinci final? NJ has just been bageled in the first set. Perhaps he is tired, but why should he be, after all he is a professional tennis player, and has the played the same amount as the Olympic finalists? - or is that not an excuse? Perhaps he is just mently and physically weak....!!! I imagine with Toronto and this one he has now played about the same amount as Murray. Are folks to assume NJ is now completely doomed and due to fall rapidly out of the top 4?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #242 on: August 19, 2012, 06:06 PM »

We are here:

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/tennis-news/msg767835/#new
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #243 on: August 19, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Thanks Emma Jean though not a Canadian yet. I know it involves watching hockey so am trying my best to love it. I think I watched 3 games before realising a puck was involved.....
My home town is Glasgow where you know who was born and lived in London,U.K. for years and then a village in Cheshire where we lived next door to a tennis coach who told us to watch out for a Scottish lad who was about to burst on the scene-and didn't he just.
We came here on holiday for years to visit our daughter and loved the country. We have another daughter in Halifax,N.S. and another in London U.k. so we travel a lot.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #244 on: August 19, 2012, 07:12 PM »

@Masaka, Come off it. Last year Nole took Fed and Rafa apart. Mentally and physically weak he isn't.
His serve went AWOl and, like Andy, he can't beat the top players without it. He's exhausted, seems to me. Also his coach isn't there, I wonder if something's up?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #245 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18 PM »

@Masaka, Come off it. Last year Nole took Fed and Rafa apart. Mentally and physically weak he isn't.
His serve went AWOl and, like Andy, he can't beat the top players without it. He's exhausted, seems to me. Also his coach isn't there, I wonder if something's up?

Sorry I was attempting to put forward all of the drivel that has been said about Murray recently into some form of context. Big Nose was of the opinion that our Mr M is a physical and mental weakling because he lost that match against Chardy.  It was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

NJ's form has been poor this year compared with last. Probably Like many of us I am wondering why.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #246 on: August 19, 2012, 07:29 PM »

@Masaka. OK. Peace.
Ignore BigNose. He seems to think Andy should be a combo of Arnie Schwartzwhatsit  and Rambo. Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #247 on: August 19, 2012, 07:40 PM »

We came here on holiday for years to visit our daughter and loved the country.
Sounds familiar. My mum came over on holiday several times to visit, and we ended up sponsoring her to live with us. She's not here now, got re-married and living happily.
Don't worry about not liking hockey. I've been to see the Leafs many times, and I still can't get into it. It's tennis that's in my blood! Smile
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #248 on: August 19, 2012, 08:00 PM »

@Masaka. OK. Peace.
Ignore BigNose. He seems to think Andy should be a combo of Arnie Schwartzwhatsit  and Rambo. Whistle

roflmao
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #249 on: August 19, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Blueberryhill peace in return. I thought your response was quite contained. I just wanted to clarify what I meant. I am not a great fan of NJ, but I wanted him to win this one. I thought a losing streak in finals would be good for Fed's soul.  Never mind I am sure age will catch up with him soon.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #250 on: August 20, 2012, 12:24 PM »

I had an awful thought over the weekend.  Usually I get v nervous before Andy's matches regardless of how easy they look on paper.  And I was nervous before the Querry match even though I couldn't watch it.  But I was not at all nervous before the Chardy match and look what happened. So you can blame me folks.  Clearly I need to hang on to those nerves however uncomfortable they make me feel  w00t
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #251 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Following on from my earlier posts, I realise the reason for Andy's disappointing match against Chardy is that he did not have the Wimbledon Gold medal support with him. The applause for Andy at Cincinnati was at best respectful, but at worst almost silent.

Andy needs to have the Wimbly support wherever he goes. Could be costly, but effective.
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport August 20, 2012, 03:27 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #252 on: August 20, 2012, 03:09 PM »

I had an awful thought over the weekend.  Usually I get v nervous before Andy's matches regardless of how easy they look on paper.  And I was nervous before the Querry match even though I couldn't watch it.  But I was not at all nervous before the Chardy match and look what happened. So you can blame me folks.  Clearly I need to hang on to those nerves however uncomfortable they make me feel  w00t

The spooky thing about that is that I thought exactly the same lol. I was really anxious about the Querrey match, not concerned about Chardy, was convinced Andy would get through all right.....It's as bad as singing 'You're not winning anymore' to Federer during the Wimbledon final, which I did when Andy took the first set. During the Olympic final I wouldn't accept Andy was winning until he did lol.

I think I need the nerves. They obviously bode well for Andy lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #253 on: August 20, 2012, 05:30 PM »

ok tj you and I united in  nervous  palpitations.
OSS how does you theory deal with the way he dispatched Querrey?  confused  That said I'm sure Andy has had to do some adjusting after the extraordinary levels of support he received during the Olympics particularly in the final.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Dismal Murray falls to Chardy « Reply #254 on: August 20, 2012, 05:38 PM »

ok tj you and I united in  nervous  palpitations.

Absolutely! Good to know I have someone to share them with, I swear one of these days he will kill me!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply