Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Djokovic edges out spirited Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Djokovic edges out spirited Murray

(Read 4141 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Sorry Coldmarek read that post wrong thought it was from someone else apologies.  Agree with you by the way.  Apologies to you and JK same Avatar.!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 10:35 PM »

John, you just said on the other thread that you think Andy has lost too many sets and games and you think he will not qualify - are you having a bad day lol ...........
Same avatar but two different people.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 10:38 PM »

I know my mistake, have apologised, been a stressful day!!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40 PM »

Yes I am having a bad day.  BUT WHO CARES CELTIC WON AGAINST BARCA.     Sorry Andy  but that win  means a whole lot more to me  than this  WTF  >> you have been bumped doon lol

See I have this procedure  If  Andy loses  that mean Celtic will win and vice versa.  and if they both lose.  well lets just say  one would not be happy.  lol
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 10:52 PM »

First bit of good news for me today was Obama winning the US Presidential race, the bad news was Andy losing (but a terrific match), and the third bit of good news was Celtic's win against Barcelona (talk about David v. Goliath!).  All in all not a bad day as far as good news is concerned, 2 out of 3 will do nicely, a pity Andy didn't win but he is not out of it, everything to play for and I know he'll do it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05 PM »

Bit early for a prediction, but I'm going to make one anyway. I think Andy will beat Tsonga and qualify. It'll either be in three or straights. No one roll their eyes at me for stating the obvious lol. What I mean is, maybe Tsonga will push Andy and take a set, but sorry, as much as I love JW, I don't see him winning. If Andy comes out flowing and up for it, and with what is at stake he may well, I think he could surprise a few and do it in straights.

JW openly admits he doesn't like playing Andy (looking at H2H I can't say I blame him) and I think Andy will just have too much and be too fired up for JW.

I'd bet my life on this one. I don't even care about Tsonga being good indoors. I think Andy will do it.
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51 AM »

Hello to everyone. Here is 1.19 am and i am in bathtube reading you and following to think at Andy's match.
I am sure: tennis is a drug, Murray is the hottest (and dangerous) drug. I repeat to myself that he lost by the number one in the ranking, but it's not enough to acept how story has gone.
I think Andy played unbelieveble in the first set, with mind free of bad thoughts. He went for his shots and first serve and forehand were so warm.
In second set I saw him a bit tired. It brought him to play far from baseline a lot of times with Nole that became more sure about his shots.
The first part of third set remembered me last matches, but then he could came back and when hold serve for 5-4 I believe the dream could come true. But not... another break and then another couple of break-back points failed. This pushed me down. I usually watch the match standing up and fighting with him. Often - maybe you will not believe in me - it is like I feel when he is going for an ace, winner or double faults. Sometimes it is like I can influence his performance (I know ,it is crazy but exciting).
All this words to say that I know he can't always win but I can't acept this kind of defeats. Just a couple of points here and in Shanghai. But it suggests me one thing: I believe that Murray can still increase his level a lot. He played like other 3 fab four but in my opinion he still has to leatn how live some big points .It means that his maximum level is far .Will he get it? I hope because he deserves it and us too. :-)
But it hurts a lot when he loses becduse is like a particular nightmare (he is so near to gain the win but then something unlucky thing...) doesn't want go away.
Does someone of you have my feeling?

P.S. About go ling to semifinal: I red that if just two players have same number of winning matches, will go through who won head to  head. Only when three players have one victory they will count sets percentage.
In this way if Murray beats tsonga ,he will be sure about  his spot in semifinal. No? Tell me if I told the right thing.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 12:58 AM »

Busy day, so just caught up on PVR.

Talk about edge-on-your-seat stuff!
I'm so sorry Andy lost. That 3rd set was incredible.

But I'm so proud of him for just Going For It!

I don't understand any of the RR permutations.. all I care about is Andy in the Final. And if he doesn't, then so be it because I know he is absolutely trying his best, and that's all he can do.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 01:07 AM »

In this way if Murray beats tsonga ,he will be sure about  his spot in semifinal. No? Tell me if I told the right thing.

It has been kindly worked out for us. Here:

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/wtf-rr-murray-vs-tsonga/msg807256/#msg807256

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Well at least Andy will be playing in the evening hurray for that.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 01:56 PM »

Well at least Andy will be playing in the evening hurray for that.

Awww ****. Another midnight match for me.  Frown
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Yes I am having a bad day.  BUT WHO CARES CELTIC WON AGAINST BARCA.     Sorry Andy  but that win  means a whole lot more to me  than this  WTF  >> you have been bumped doon lol

See I have this procedure  If  Andy loses  that mean Celtic will win and vice versa.  and if they both lose.  well lets just say  one would not be happy.  lol

You an anti-Barca fan or something or a Celtic fan John??
IP Logged
Rubens
gwWMhlNRtYCMmRAgg « Reply #57 on: November 30, 2012, 05:15 AM »

Dilemma Time  Posted on     Since choosing a name is a very prnaoesl and emotional experience, which will effect someone's entire life, I don't really think Yahoo! Answers is the best place to start asking since you're going to get a lot of off-color responses.  Nonetheless, here's a few ideas:  MeadowPrairieWillowSoulchildStarchildAny astrological symbolWhite Rabbit (there's a joke in this one)Herbert (there's a joke in this one, too)FreshairEarthSoilWaterFireOxygenIf your goal is to be creative, then be creative (I guess).
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #58 on: November 30, 2012, 07:06 AM »

^ Good posting!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Djokovic edges out spirited Murray « Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 08:15 AM »

Dilemma Time  Posted on     Since choosing a name is a very prnaoesl and emotional experience, which will effect someone's entire life, I don't really think Yahoo! Answers is the best place to start asking since you're going to get a lot of off-color responses.  Nonetheless, here's a few ideas:  MeadowPrairieWillowSoulchildStarchildAny astrological symbolWhite Rabbit (there's a joke in this one)Herbert (there's a joke in this one, too)FreshairEarthSoilWaterFireOxygenIf your goal is to be creative, then be creative (I guess).
confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »