Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Dominant Murray surges into semis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Dominant Murray surges into semis

(Read 1933 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 12:58 AM »

Murray was a joy to watch this morning. If he can maintain this form with Djokovic he should make the final. Oh yes one has to add another rider,come through this silly mixed double match without injury.
  All those remembering their success in the Hopman's cup in 2010 should also reflect on their performance the following year.
I like these positive reminders. Smile   Laura was suffering from a thigh injury in 2011.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 02:11 AM »

Andy Murray's progress through this busy and very different Olympic tennis tournament continued without fuss on the sixth day but now it gets serious: a semi-final on Friday against Novak Djokovic.

If he plays like he did in dismissing the 11th seed Nicolás Almagro in two quick, brutal sets, 6-4, 6-1, he has a fine chance at taking home better than bronze. If Djokovic plays like he did in beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, 6-1, 7-5, well, the Serb may struggle. He dropped a set against the ageing but determined Lleyton Hewitt on Wednesday and let his concentration slip, going behind 0-3 in the second set before the Frenchman let him back into the match.

The crowd loved it all. This is not Wimbledon, it is the Olympics and the contrasts have been stark: a more frivolous, raucous atmosphere in the stadiums, but a lack of grandeur overall, as if we had all been kept in after school.

Murray tip-toed around the issue when asked if doing well here – alongside other British success elsewhere in the Games – would give the country a lift in difficult economic times.

"I don't know what it does to help the economy," he said. "I know what it does to help the athletes and it gives [us] a sense of togetherness. From what I've seen, the whole of the country has got right in the Olympics, which is great.

"I know there are a lot of people that think tennis isn't necessarily an Olympic sport but I know how much I care about it. I really enjoy being part of a team and playing for my country."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/02/andy-murray-nicolas-almagro-olympics

cmon GB
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45 AM »

Sod the economy.  Medals are more important right now.  We can all worry about the country's financial woes later.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 03:42 AM »

Saw this one, it was great!  Go, Andy!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28 AM »

Do we dare now say that the running forehand pass is a strength of Andy's?

Oh yes we can yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 07:47 AM »

Sod the economy.  Medals are more important right now.  We can all worry about the country's financial woes later.

Yes - who asked him about the ruddy economy?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 01:17 PM »

Hi All,

I think some of these journalists are paid to ask bloody stupid questions. I mean, what has the economy got to do with Andy in particular and tennis in general? I loved Andy's response though, what a star! clap

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Watched the match on line this morning - wow if Andy could play like that today especially the serve - 81 per cent 1st serves + 15 aces unbelievable.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 09:08 PM »

Well done Andy knew you would do it.The outcome was never in doubt.I truly believed in you.No pressure now you certain to get at least the SILVER.But i truly believe your gonna win the GOLD,its your time,and you truly deserve it,more than maybe most.Youv'e played the best tennis right thoughout the olympics.All the pressure will be on Fed your a winner whatever,he truly wants the gold,so all of the pressure will be on him.Shame i missed the match,had to go to the hospital,to visit my mother,who is very ill.Hope i can watch it on the BBC iplayer soon.Next the US Open after the olympics and iv got high hopes for that as well.GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS ANDY. yay clap hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dominant Murray surges into semis « Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Hope your mother recovers ok caroline.  So many of our members seem to have people close to them in hospital right now. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »