Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Experts give advice to young Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Experts give advice to young Murray

(Read 1139 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Experts give advice to young Murray « on: November 02, 2005, 12:16 PM »

Source: Scotsman
Stewart Ferris, TV dating expert, said:
ANDY is only 18 and still in short trousers, so he is clearly going to find the forthcoming flood of female attention somewhat bemusing. He'll be wondering if the girls like him for his personality, his looks or for the things he can do with his forehand.

The reality is they will be attracted to him because he is a winner. At an instinctive level we are all attracted to people who win: we want to be associated with their success. Andy will have to remember that any girl he talks to should also be treated like a winner. He mustn't take for granted his elevated status and look down on female companions. His aura of celebrity will dissolve once a girl gets to know him, and that's when he'll have to use charm and be romantic like the rest of us.

Fiona Firth, menswear controller at Harvey Nicholssaid, said:
Unfortunately his age goes against him, and, in this day, you have to take your profession seriously. For him, this means looking older. We don't want to pile the pressure on him too much, but the media are looking for the new David Beckham. His grooming is imperative here: he needs to adopt a skin-care regime and stick to it.

- Full Story (scotsman.com)
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 01:01 PM »

Fiona Firth is suggesting he should maybe wear some Pringle?  Yuck, he's 18 he'd be better off with Quiksilver or Vans something a bit more trendy than Pringle.  Let him wear what he wants, there's nothing worse than having to wear something you feel uncomfortable in, I can just see him in his shirt and tie pulling at his collar all night.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 01:08 PM »

hehe, Andy the next David Beckham, id like to see that one roflmao
but would he seriously want to be the next David Beckham? hes said himself he hates wearing suits, and prefers wearing casual stuff
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 01:20 PM »

'for the things he can do with his forehand?!' eye-eye roflmao
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 01:23 PM »

by the way eira_arian, im loving your picture, Andy's looking very very buff there  Very Happy
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 01:24 PM »

Quote from: "annie"
by the way eira_arian, im loving your picture, Andy's looking very very buff there  Very Happy

cheers mdears - nicked it from the bbc sportdaq pages - i think its from around daviscup time in march, because they havent updated his info since!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 01:24 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"

Eh?  Think  Anxious
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 06:52 PM »

seriously though, the whole article is just so silly!!

"Unfortunately his age goes against him, and, in this day, you have to take your profession seriously. For him, this means looking older. We don't want to pile the pressure on him too much, but the media are looking for the new David Beckham. His grooming is imperative here: he needs to adopt a skin-care regime and stick to it."

i'm sorry, WHAT??? skin care regime?!!

he's a tennis player....you know...he PLAYS TENNIS Smile

loving the earnest 'advice' though - it makes me giggle!
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 06:54 PM »

Whistle lol
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 08:44 PM »

seriously though, the whole article is just so silly!!

"Unfortunately his age goes against him, and, in this day, you have to take your profession seriously. For him, this means looking older. We don't want to pile the pressure on him too much, but the media are looking for the new David Beckham. His grooming is imperative here: he needs to adopt a skin-care regime and stick to it."

i'm sorry, WHAT??? skin care regime?!!

he's a tennis player....you know...he PLAYS TENNIS Smile

loving the earnest 'advice' though - it makes me giggle!

I so agree. Hopefully Queen Judy will give sound advice. I hope he doesn't go all fame whory like Becs. The only bit I agreed with was the PR bit- the media adviser. In this day and age that's going to save him a lot of hassle.

I think he'd look blinking awful in a suit. It's just not him.

Let him be the age he is, not some corporate brand.  :twisted:
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 08:47 PM »

exactly - surely his age is an asset, not something to cover up and be ashamed of. silly people. fools i tell you!! FOOLS!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Experts give advice to young Murray « Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 09:22 PM »

Quote from: "heavenlyangel"

Whistle lol

roflmao this forehand thing has been mentioned everywhere...  Rolling Eyes  :P

Unfortunately his age goes against him, and, in this day, you have to take your profession seriously

^^^  duh totally agree! FOOLS!! age.. hair.. skin.. a new becks.. NOO!! that's what we don't want! no more Becks.. no more beautiful hair.. no more good skin!! Good thing about Andy is that he doesn't go around in 100 dollar rolls royces, changing his hairstyle every second and thinking about what skin cream to try next.. personally i love his skin!  Embarassed  wink  Rolling Eyes he's a teenage for christ's sake!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »