Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt  (Read 11930 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #150 on: September 12, 2012, 05:42 AM »

Great write up Nigel, you outdid yourself.  Even though I thoroughly believed Andy could and very likely would win, I am still numb. You would think I played it myself.  Heaven knows how Andy must feel.  I hope he gets a good rest before anything else.  Happiest congratulations to Andy, Lendl & team.

I just watched a great interview on PBS - Charlie Rose interviewing Andy.  Andy looked very good and relaxed.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #151 on: September 12, 2012, 07:13 AM »

Anyone else blub like a baby at the end?

Still blubing every time I read about it or listen to an interview. Can't stop smiling it's so great. Keep thinking I will wake up in a minute. Let's hope he gets plenty of media when he gets home.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #152 on: September 12, 2012, 07:33 AM »

Thank you, Ruthie. However, I think it's too long, which is deterring people from reading it. So a big minus mark there.

Definitely not to long read and relished every word !
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #153 on: September 12, 2012, 07:51 AM »

What the hell is this headline all about?

It's time to celebrate! Andy Murray's first thought after winning US Open is to look for his expensive Rado watch so he can pose with trophy while wearing it to please sponsors

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201250/Andy-Murray-immediately-puts-Rado-watch-beating-Novak-Djokovic-US-Open-tennis-final.html#ixzz269QdlKjT

I read on the Beeb that someone reminded him about it and he'd forgotten it. search

My mistake, it was in an article in the Guardian:-

The newly anointed champion himself, however, didn't seem to share in the joy. Rather than laughing or crying or clambering through the crowd to hug his family, Murray sat on his chair, put his head in his hands, then looked up in annoyance. Someone had reminded him to wear his sponsor's watch at the ceremony. "I don't know where it is," he said, truculently, as if he was late for the office and had just been asked by his girlfriend to locate the car keys.

Also, looks like the heading's changed when you click on the link now.
[ Last edit by Bevc September 12, 2012, 08:06 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #154 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10 AM »

Thank you, Ruthie. However, I think it's too long, which is deterring people from reading it. So a big minus mark there.

I haven't watched the entire match yet, so have been keeping away from it.

Only briefly looked at news articles people have posted.

Don't let it put you off.  I'm sure it's brill!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #155 on: September 12, 2012, 11:09 AM »

There have been such fantastic reactions to Andy's win from so many people. We've focused quite a lot on the negative in the past, but clearly there are many who have felt like we do.

This is quite a statement!

American actor and director Kevin Spacey:

"I don't think I have ever wanted something more for someone".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19556000

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #156 on: September 12, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Hi All,

Did everyone know Andy's back in the country? I was watching the news a couple of hours ago and they showed him walking through an airport (Heathrow possibly, didn't say). He was greeted by applause and cheers. They didn't speak to him or anything, but I'm going to catch the news later to see if they say any more.

Anyway, welcome home Champ! first udaman

The other thing is that I think my family are getting sick of me! My neice asked me earlier on if I am going to talk about anything else now the tennis is over. I don't think I am you know, especially if it annoys people, especially people who took an irrational dislike to Andy years ago and won't budge on the subject. Whistle
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #157 on: September 12, 2012, 03:56 PM »

My family are the same TJ - 'Do we get a break from tennis now?' was yesterday's cry!  

I think it was someone on here that posted back in January that an Indian seer had predicted that 2012 would be a fantastic year for Andy - particularly the second part of the year.  How right he/she was - and the year hasn't finished yet!!!!!!  
IP Logged
indianmuzza
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #158 on: September 12, 2012, 04:31 PM »

murray is the sickest talent and craziest player after federer. i would love to see him win many slams. fedal has already won too much, now muzza must make the move along with delpo n nole.

go muzza!
IP Logged
indianmuzza
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #159 on: September 12, 2012, 04:34 PM »

i'm bored to death of fedal hegemony and of late of nole winning everything. it's so amazin to see muzza serve that fantastic ace, siphon that blistering forehand n hit that unmatchable backhand. his game is so smooth, no much ball-bashin, just variety! SUPERB PLAYER, SUPERMAN MURRAY!!!
IP Logged
indianmuzza
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #160 on: September 12, 2012, 04:35 PM »

by the way, the best article i ever read!!! B-)
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #161 on: September 12, 2012, 04:36 PM »

My family are the same TJ - 'Do we get a break from tennis now?' was yesterday's cry! 

Why would anyone want a break from tennis?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #162 on: September 12, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Why would anyone want a break from tennis?

Well, maybe I do go on about it just a bit!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #163 on: September 12, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Alis i read that posting that the Indian seer said AM would win a grandslam,it was a he,he also said AM would win a medal at the olympics and,i came across the posting by accident as im always looking for things like that to see if any of them ever had any  predictions about Andys chances of wining a grandslam.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #164 on: September 12, 2012, 07:14 PM »

I didnt put the posting on MW mind as i wasnt a member then.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply