Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 13436 times)
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #180 on: September 13, 2012, 02:32 AM »

I read on the Beeb that someone reminded him about it and he'd forgotten it. search

My mistake, it was in an article in the Guardian:-

The newly anointed champion himself, however, didn't seem to share in the joy. Rather than laughing or crying or clambering through the crowd to hug his family, Murray sat on his chair, put his head in his hands, then looked up in annoyance. Someone had reminded him to wear his sponsor's watch at the ceremony. "I don't know where it is," he said, truculently, as if he was late for the office and had just been asked by his girlfriend to locate the car keys.

Also, looks like the heading's changed when you click on the link now.

To be honest it's not really easy for any US Open champion to reach their box.  It takes quite a bit of climbing. To be honest I never really enjoy the speeches at the US Open. They always seem a little hurried and the focus always seems to be on the sponsors. I also find the mention of the value of the cheques a little crass. I think the players should be handed the microphone. Andy didn't really get a chance to thank people.  He was asked 2 questions and then handed the trophy.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #181 on: September 13, 2012, 08:08 AM »

'Braveracket':

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/murray-vows-to-drive-the-english-out-of-scotland-2012091140626
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #182 on: September 13, 2012, 08:22 AM »

To be honest it's not really easy for any US Open champion to reach their box.  It takes quite a bit of climbing. To be honest I never really enjoy the speeches at the US Open. They always seem a little hurried and the focus always seems to be on the sponsors. I also find the mention of the value of the cheques a little crass. I think the players should be handed the microphone. Andy didn't really get a chance to thank people.  He was asked 2 questions and then handed the trophy.

Do they mention the prize money at any other slam?  I was listening to the US Open coverage on their designated radio station and cringed when I heard them mention the prize money.  

I know they give them big cheques at some of the tournies.  I know the cash helps towards everything but it's the trophy (especially in slams) that's the main prize and the points that go with it to get the ranking.  Andy has said that he'd gladly give up the cash for a Wimbledon trophy.  I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before his talent alone will win it Very Happy
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #183 on: September 13, 2012, 09:09 AM »

Andy has said that he'd gladly give up the cash for a Wimbledon trophy.  I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before his talent alone will win it Very Happy

Like next year Wimbledon 2013? Hey Bevc Morning. Is this all for real? somehow like some other MW posters here have said, it all seems a little surreal, If it feels this way for me, god knows how our Andy is coping with his historic win. In the last 48hours i have read so so many online news articles about the new USOPEN Champion. Everyone from celebrities to sportsmen/women are congratulating him. All this out pouring of love and support is simply amazing. I would like to hear what Annabel croft and Greg Rusedski thought of his win and performance? Usually these two are very critical of him.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #184 on: September 13, 2012, 09:11 AM »

I do hope the age of chivalry is not dead - I was not impressed to see Kim pushing the trolley at Heathrow, like some sort of hanger on.  She deserves better than that, although I'm sure Andy wasn't aware of it, as he was flanked by glamorous BA stewardesses.  As much as some here dislike Federer, I don't think he would allow that to happen to his wife.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #185 on: September 13, 2012, 09:18 AM »

@ PT heard Ms Croft commentating at the end of the final and she was so positive I gave a double take when someone said her name.

@ FCR, unnecessary comment, I feel.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #186 on: September 13, 2012, 09:20 AM »

Like next year Wimbledon 2013? Hey Bevc Morning. Is this all for real? somehow like some other MW posters here have said, it all seems a little surreal, If it feels this way for me, god knows how our Andy is coping with his historic win. In the last 48hours i have read so so many online news articles about the new USOPEN Champion. Everyone from celebrities to sportsmen/women are congratulating him. All this out pouring of love and support is simply amazing. I would like to hear what Annabel croft and Greg Rusedski thought of his win and performance? Usually these two are very critical of him.

Evening PT wave  I feels a bit surreal for me since I haven't actually watched all the match yet - just don't go there!  Currently avoiding Coro atm and watching the Charlie Rose interview.  I have avoided most of what's been written about Andy's win or just skimmed over a few articles.  I obviously know the result as I was half listening to the radio coverage but work kept getting in the way though I when the 1st set tie break was on, I had to walk away from the desk, it was too tense and I couldn't concentrate on work.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to book time off this week as it's our annual conference so far to busy.  I will ask them to plan it better next year lol  I win at Wimbledon would just be icing on the cake, wouldn't it but it will happen if it's meant to be.  I always believe that things happen for a reason.  For Andy, it was obvious that he had the talent for it, he just had to believe it for himself that he could do it. Very Happy 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #187 on: September 13, 2012, 09:31 AM »

I do hope the age of chivalry is not dead - I was not impressed to see Kim pushing the trolley at Heathrow, like some sort of hanger on.  She deserves better than that, although I'm sure Andy wasn't aware of it, as he was flanked by glamorous BA stewardesses.  As much as some here dislike Federer, I don't think he would allow that to happen to his wife.

Camera always catches you at an inopportune moment - Andy could have just popped off for a bathroom call.

I found this one of Mirka and Fed - he gets the 3 'heavy' bags and walks in front and she gets the loaded up buggy.  I'm sure it's not actually like that but people could see it that way.

* Fed.jpg (122.62 KB, 708x465 - viewed 229 times.)
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #188 on: September 13, 2012, 10:05 AM »

@ PT heard Ms Croft commentating at the end of the final and she was so positive I gave a double take when someone said her name.

OMG. Really i am in shock too, did i read your comments correctly Re: Annabel croft? confused
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #189 on: September 13, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Makes you think Think

* Spooky!.jpg (241.75 KB, 789x808 - viewed 269 times.)
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #190 on: September 13, 2012, 10:26 AM »

Thank you, Ruthie. However, I think it's too long, which is deterring people from reading it. So a big minus mark there.
No it was just perfect GC. . clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #191 on: September 13, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Makes you think Think
That is really spooky Bev. . Think
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #192 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47 AM »

Makes you think Think

Yeah Really spooky Bev, that not with standing i firmly believe some things are simply ment to be (written in the stars). I guess the Universe was waiting for this moment when all its points as far as our Andy is concerned and his maiden slam win were aligned.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #193 on: September 13, 2012, 11:49 AM »

Makes you think Think

This is awesome.....
how many GS has Fred won??
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #194 on: September 13, 2012, 01:24 PM »

Ooer...spooky....
Yes, PT 'twas AC
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »