Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 13818 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 04:48 AM »

From the TV3 News website here in NZ Very Happy

* TV3 News.JPG (235.02 KB, 1314x1050 - viewed 76 times.)
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 04:50 AM »

Anyone else still up? I'm just back from France and this cheap plonk is really hitting the spot.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 04:54 AM »

Anyone else still up? I'm just back from France and this cheap plonk is really hitting the spot.

Enjoy!  I wish I could join you!

It was very hard working and with a distinct lack of tennis fans here at work!
Love this bit from the article on the 3 news website:-

Djokovic broke Murray’s serve once more, and the US Open title would come down to a fifth and final set.

Back against the wall, Murray showed fight. His first serve was gone – only 45 percent, but his heart was still in it.

Murray broke Djokovic. And everyone wanted to see history.

He then held serve. And everyone was starting to believe that history was within reach.

When Murray held serve and a 3-0 lead the believers began to chant and the doubters began to believe.

Djokovic wasn’t among them. He answered, with Murray serving, to give himself a sniff of a chance of getting back into things at 1-3 and with the serve.

But then came the golden glimmer from the Murray’s Racquet. He served and won to love to lead 4-2 and had two break points to take it to 5-2. He converted.

Fittingly, Murray had the chance to serve for the title.

And after the finest of golden British sporting summers, in a US stadium blasted by wind and tornadoes, destiny happened in just shy of five hours.

Andy Murray had finally arrived.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-HIGHLIGHTS-Andy-Murray-beats-Djokovic-wins-US-Open-2012/tabid/415/articleID/268907/Default.aspx#ixzz2686ocMxM
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 04:56 AM »

If you stay up all night drinking, do you avoid a hangover?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 05:02 AM »

Or drink yourself sober? dontknow

I see a challenge partyman
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 05:03 AM »

If you stay up all night drinking, do you avoid a hangover?
Dunno, try it.

I'm still waiting for a picture of this cigar you speak of.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 05:07 AM »

Dunno, try it.

I'm still waiting for a picture of this cigar you speak of.

Well, the wife's in bed and it's in the bedside chest of drawers, while I'm down here in my office. It's now her birthday, so I'm loathe to disrupt things. I'll post it up tomorrow.

How good does this feel?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 05:13 AM »

Sorry, Aileen, I hit delete rather than quote. What I said was:

Yep, if ever anything proved the value of dedication it was tonight.

I can't ever remember being this happy. I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime. I'm 49. I remember Mark Cox and Buster Mottram, for Christ's sake. Lord, you can take me now.

If he can just nab one Wimbledon title, that'd ice the cake. I'm not greedy. One will do.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 05:47 AM »

Went to bed after 4th.
Woke up to this.
So happy 
So proud.
Just love him tender
So happy for Kim, team, bloody marvellous Ivan.
Just about everyone band
Lol
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 06:14 AM »

Yeeeesss! To my shame I am a total wimp and don't have Sky so watched a film and didn't even check live scores before going to bed. My colleague has Sky and isn't on until later today she promised me a one word text to let me know the result. Didn't really think she's remember in the middle of the night, but she did.

Knew I'd be kicking myself today for not taking my sister up on the offer of her Sky password!  Very Happy

Thanks for the great match report. Better try and get a wee bit more sleep now but may not be possible!  yay 

So happy for Andy his team and family! I'd a feeling I'd be buying a newspaper again today (did so after Olympics!)  yay
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 06:48 AM »

What a wonderful news to wake up to.  I cried and it was 6;00 am.  My Oh kept telling me tjhat he would win in 5 and once again he was right.  He had predicted all the matches at USO and Olympics.  He just felt it was Andy's time.  I shall be on Cloud 9 all day and luckily only have to meet the farrier and then the rest of the day to watch the match.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 06:54 AM »

Grabcopy, first of loads and loads. Am so sure yay yay yay
OMG can never change my avatar now. shocking That's what did it folks Whistle
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 07:07 AM »

I'm soooo happy couldn't see it out... Hardly slept a wink, got up showered at 5.20 this morning and I was so nervous, I was dry boking... Drove to work, radio off, parked up.. Just as I was summing up the nerve to turn the radio on , two people were walking past my car and I heard some one say Andy had won(that person does not know how close they were to a stranger jumping out the car and giving them a big kiss).... Well every body Andy did it...WE did it..... Don't worry Veronica and Linda, my champers and me have got a date tonight.....Yeeeeeees.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33 AM »

So, so proud of Andy. Watched the match and felt calm even when it went to 2 sets each, I felt that this was Andy's night. I hope my neighbours weren't woken by my shouts. Just got into bed and turned off my light when my hospital bleep went off. Now I'm absolutely shattered, but I don't care. I'm so happy for Andy, he so deserved this win, which will open the flood gates.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 07:34 AM »

Stuck with it from start to finish. A great match, but what a pity that Djokovitch  threw in the the dying man's last throw  "When all else fails call in the trainer" just before the final point.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »