Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 13317 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 07:43 AM »

Woohooohooo! Totally exhausted this morning but it was well worth it to witness a defining moment in British sport. What a summer it's been!
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 07:58 AM »

Can't wait to watch the replay tonight, wonder when it will sink in for Andy, he just looked shocked at the end, so pleased for him, read something on line this morning that made me smile, a reporter said to Andy he didn't look very happy and Andy replied "I'm happy on the inside"  w00t  Brilliant stuff Andy, many more to come.  yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 08:22 AM »

Lots of coverage on BBC World - headline in fact. Andy also made NZ national news twice - a headline story as well as the main sports item.

Right, chocolate and tea to hand to start watching the match tv catch you all later wave
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Guys, check this out.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/09/36/US-Open-Final-Diary.aspx
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Just reading the full match report with somewhat bleary eyes. Excellent work. The best summary of the match I've seen (and I was reading plenty online in the early hours trying to make what I'd seen sink in!)

"The voice in the head that told the Olympic champion never to give up, always to believe, to run that one step further, and hit that one ball extra, persisted like a wasp around a Coke can" - perfect simile for the sheer bloody minded brilliance that got Andy over the finish line last night.
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 09:59 AM »

Stuck with it from start to finish. A great match, but what a pity that Djokovitch  threw in the the dying man's last throw  "When all else fails call in the trainer" just before the final point.
Aye. I was cursing Djokovic for that along with the absolutely useless umpire who seemed to sit catatonically while the New York crowd where roaring and whistling over every serve. In the end though this new Murray 2.0 just ate it up and spat it out and did it his way.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 10:17 AM »

What the hell is this headline all about?

It's time to celebrate! Andy Murray's first thought after winning US Open is to look for his expensive Rado watch so he can pose with trophy while wearing it to please sponsors

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201250/Andy-Murray-immediately-puts-Rado-watch-beating-Novak-Djokovic-US-Open-tennis-final.html#ixzz269QdlKjT
IP Logged
tom007

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #67 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26 AM »

great top performance Andy
 trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 10:43 AM »

What the hell is this headline all about?

It's time to celebrate! Andy Murray's first thought after winning US Open is to look for his expensive Rado watch so he can pose with trophy while wearing it to please sponsors

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201250/Andy-Murray-immediately-puts-Rado-watch-beating-Novak-Djokovic-US-Open-tennis-final.html#ixzz269QdlKjT

How cheap of them!!!!!!!!
I remember once even Rafa after winning a GS (dont remember which one) was frantic searching for his watch..
At that time such headlines wont appear, right???
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45 AM »

Andy
You're immortal now!

IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 11:41 AM »

I think someone in his box shouted at him to put on the watch, I don't think it was foremost in Andy's mind tbh.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 11:49 AM »

I think someone in his box shouted at him to put on the watch, I don't think it was foremost in Andy's mind tbh.

It certainly was on his mind. He went over to his box to get the watch and then Kim shouted it was in his black bag...

Don't understand why people are making such a fuss out of it. He gets paid to do this, who cares? Definitely not front page spread news.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Great report, Nigel.

So delighted for Andy, after all his years of hard work and 4 previous grand slam disappointments.

I watched the screen active and recordings of the 5th set until 3.15, when I got to bed happy but exhausted.

In the office now, but have not done any work. I have spent all my time since 8.30 am reading all the various papers' reports and worldwide tweets.

Well done, Andy. First of many.

Nigel, I'm waiting the vision of your cigar smoking and please will someone else post a vision drinking champagne. I have to see these pictures as I neither smoke nor drink. But I want to toast Andy's success.

Incidentally, Djokovic's medical time out is typical of the man. I hope Andy tells him later precisely what he thinks of his (ND) actions.

Great result once again and at 3.15 I WAS close to happy tears.  
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #73 on: September 11, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Wonder if Andy Murray will become an authentic British clothing manufacturer like Fred Perry in 70 odd years! Very Happy
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #74 on: September 11, 2012, 12:05 PM »

Andy you are a LEGEND!!!!   trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy  yay yay  cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »