Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 14900 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 12:09 PM »

I don't know about anyone else but I don't care about that at all.

It's about the Slams and nothing else.
IThink Andy has always said its one of his things he wont's to achieve , it must be amazing to be the best in the world , to be number one of your chosen sport, but he is my number one already . trophy
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 12:14 PM »

Nigel, I'm waiting the vision of your cigar smoking and please will someone else post a vision drinking champagne. I have to see these pictures as I neither smoke nor drink. But I want to toast Andy's success.

Here's the four-year-old cigar in question. Ecstatic though I am, I'm not sure I can bring myself to smoke it:

* Cigar.jpg (585.83 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 58 times.)
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 12:15 PM »

Stuck with it from start to finish. A great match, but what a pity that Djokovitch  threw in the the dying man's last throw  "When all else fails call in the trainer" just before the final point.
Yep agree , didn't like that at all , the crowd didn't either,Watched the whole thing to wouldn't of missed for the world BB.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #78 on: September 11, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Thanks for that brilliant.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #79 on: September 11, 2012, 12:27 PM »

Just seen the interview on Sky with Andy's grandparents. What lovely people.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #80 on: September 11, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Thanks for another great report - oh what a night! Watched every extraordinary minute of it with my daughter who has not been able to resist climbing on the Murraycoaster this year. Lots of shouting at our American comms, who seemed to be constantly looking for the negatives in both players and telling them how it should be done. At the end joy, tears, relief, disbelief, exhaustion... all kinds of emotions.

So utterly thrilled for Andy, and so great to see all the messages from the across the tennis world saying how much he deserves this. Also fun to look at a number of twitter accounts this morning - there were a lot of people watching!

My daughter just gave me a slightly late birthday present, just arrived in the post - Andy Murray's autobiography - updated, but not up to date!
She read me the last sentence "To more work, more training, more sprints, more games of tennis football, more forfeits, more weights.....but it will all be worth it one day if I can say I'm a Grand Slam champion".

You are Andy, you are!
IP Logged
alisonfiner

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #81 on: September 11, 2012, 12:40 PM »

Heroic. So happy for Andy and his family tonight, such a brave performance. The next few years of following Andy will be even more enjoyable now that he's got the first one under his belt. I'd love to see him win the tour finals to end this amazing year at world no.1.
I'm on cloud nine, no sleep for me tonight, time to scan all the news programmes to see the reports as they come in!
YAAA BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

I agree having watched all his matches since he turned pro and seen him get so close, I'm really happy for him.  I'm lucky enough to be going to the World Tour Finals for the whole week.  I can't wait to see him play live and hear him being introduced as Olympic and US Open Champion and then go on and win it
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #82 on: September 11, 2012, 01:13 PM »

Thank gawd.. I didn't dream it!!

I was so boozed up last night, when I woke up this morning I thought I'd hallucinated the whole thing.
I just remember singing, dancing, hugging and kissing all my boys, spilling my wine, and a whole lot of potty mouthing.

Oh.. and I remember the most important thing of all....
ANDY HOLDING HIS USO SLAM TROPHY ABOVE HIS DEAR, SWEET, CURLY-HAIRED HEAD!

What a hero!! So, so deserving, and I'm so, so proud of him.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #83 on: September 11, 2012, 01:21 PM »

More tears this morning as I watched the folk in Dunblane celebrating Andy's triumph. Still on a high though and will spend most of the day reading everything on the web, looking forward to the newspaper reports.
Poor sportsmanship from Djoko calling the trainer and asking for hawkeye on the last point.
Our hero and magnificent champion-so deserved!
Feeling homesick for Scotland now-sigh....
IP Logged
merlynne

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #84 on: September 11, 2012, 01:24 PM »

I just want to add my congratulations Andy to you and your family and team . What a wonderful addition to your Gold and Silver . Tears of joy !!! Enjoy your victory. We look forward to seeing you when you get back home . Sooooooo happy for you X
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #85 on: September 11, 2012, 01:36 PM »

This is what comes up on my home page in Canada this morning when I logged on to my laptop. yay

* andy's slam.png (559.66 KB, 960x540 - viewed 56 times.)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Oh..almost forgot:
Nigel, that is an outstanding match report. Now go get some sleep and smoke your cigar. Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Trust the DailyMail to try and criticise him. Despicable paper.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 02:46 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7421314n

Andy interview on CBS morning programme.  More laughter at Lendl's expense   yay
[ Last edit by Mackem September 11, 2012, 02:49 PM ] IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 03:04 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7421314n

Andy interview on CBS morning programme.  More laughter at Lendl's expense   yay

Thanks soo much for this!!

Fabulous match report nigel.  Still on a high a 5 set victory NID - no way would Andy make it easy for himself or his fans!! Also congrats to everyone on MWs enjoy! Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »