Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 12104 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 03:08 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7421314n

Andy interview on CBS morning programme.  More laughter at Lendl's expense   yay
Really enjoyed this, good to see Andy so relaxed. He's arrived.
IP Logged
KOKU FOLI
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15 PM »

What a sterling consistent performance - Olympic and US Open Champion 2012. Sheer and Iron Determination and Incredible Persistence! From humble beginnings to Higher Heights! Certainly Inspiring! Congratulations Andy and Best Wishes for the future.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #92 on: September 11, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Sorry, Aileen, I hit delete rather than quote. What I said was:

Yep, if ever anything proved the value of dedication it was tonight.
I can't ever remember being this happy. I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime. I'm 49. I remember Mark Cox and Buster Mottram, for Christ's sake. Lord, you can take me now.

If he can just nab one Wimbledon title, that'd ice the cake. I'm not greedy. One will do.
Thank goodness for the explanation!  I wondered where Jamie's tweet had gone.  Thought maybe I'd put it somewhere else my brains were so scrambled.

Well Nigel, I'm 69 and boy am I glad Andy got that first Slam, and hopefully will get many more, before I shuffle off my mortal coil - not that I intend going just yet, but one never knows!
I even remember watching the great Rod Laver playing at Wimbledon when you were probably still in nappies. Very Happy   Worked in London over the summers of 1962/63 and used to scoot down there after work.  Got into the standing area beside CC (alas no longer there) for half-price after 5 pm, and was lucky to see a lot of the big players of the day.

Stuck with it from start to finish. A great match, but what a pity that Djokovitch  threw in the the dying man's last throw  "When all else fails call in the trainer" just before the final point.
I was starting to like Djokovic, but he's hit rock bottom in my estimation now.  Of all the cheap, mean-minded things to do - and make it so damned obvious as well.  And he has the cheek to say he and Andy are friends!?

Anyway I've spent quite some time today happily wallowing in various video clips of the match, interviews, etc - and it still hasn't quite sunk in.
IP Logged
Andrew
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #93 on: September 11, 2012, 03:32 PM »

I've been a big Murray fan for the past several years, and love reading the posts here. They perfectly capture the emotional rollercoaster of pulling for him. It's often an intense internal struggle between fearing defeat and daring to hope for glory.

I was so impressed at how Andy regained his focus and resolve in the fifth set after giving up his two-set lead, fought off the doubts, stayed strong, and played a great set. He showed he is a true champion. I'm so happy for him, his team, and all of his fans here! An incredibly well-deserved victory!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #94 on: September 11, 2012, 03:34 PM »

Hi All,

Fantastic article Nigel, I'm almost in tears again just reading it. When Andy went 5-2 up I knew this was the moment, that he wasn't going to be denied from there, and it opened the floodgates! There was I, crying, laughing, hardly able to sit still, and our Andy was winning a slam! I was also dead chuffed that I'd picked him for it from the start, but that's a secondary thing. No one likes a smart arse, and him winning is more important than me doing an impression of Smugfed. Just slap me if I start wearing cardigans.......

This is the greatest birthday present ever for me, as he did it on the 10th. Thanks Andy love, and you can keep the pretty trophy! A share of the prize money wouldn't go amiss mind...... Whistle

I think Djokovic was really low in taking his medical time out when he did. I know he was tired, I get that, but so was Andy. I'd have been fine if Djokovic had done it on his own serve. However, he did it when Andy was trying to serve out his maiden slam. I think it was cheap and disrespectful. Then again, couldn't the umpire have told him he had to wait until it was his serve? The fact is that he wasn't injured, not really, he had tired legs. Mind you, the umpire was crap at keeping the crowd under control during points as well. I yelled at the TV several times to tell the umpire that he should tell the crowd to shut the bloody hell up lol.

I just think it was a brilliant match. I haven't yet seen the match stats, but I don't know if they matter that much in the scheme of things. It was a classic, a total classic.

I'm just so proud of Andy. He conducted himself so well through the match, even when losing the two set advantage. He just would not be beaten! How like him to celebrate in such an understated way? Mind you, part of that was surely that he couldn't quite believe he had done it (I did!) and he was clearly exhausted. I hope when it sinks in he enjoys every second of what he has done. It's just so wonderful!

It just feels like Andy has flung that door wide open now. How exciting will the AO be for us, knowing that he really, really can do it? Of course, the others are not going to go away, but I doubt he'd want it any other way. What Andy has shown now is that he can fight it out in a slam final and come out on top against 'the best'. How does another go at Djokovic in the AO final grab everyone? Maybe Fed at Wimbledon? I think we should give him a while before we expect him to win the French. Although........lol.

You know what though? The WTF are going to be so exciting now. We're all going to go mad watching it lol. I can imagine now what some of those match threads will be like lol.

What a brilliant day! I'm knackered, but it is so worth it!

trophy
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #95 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7421314n

Andy interview on CBS morning programme.  More laughter at Lendl's expense   yay

Great interview on CBS - so relaxed and hardly any 'you knows'!!  Looked as though they had cut his hair and done his make up too - very chic!!!!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #96 on: September 11, 2012, 03:41 PM »

Great interview on CBS - so relaxed and hardly any 'you knows'!!  Looked as though they had cut his hair and done his make up too - very chic!!!!

Poor guy - I imagine he hates all that stuff.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #97 on: September 11, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Poor guy - I imagine he hates all that stuff.
And he must be totally exhausted by now.  As if the match didn't drain him enough.

And Happy Birthday to you TJ - what a wonderful present!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #98 on: September 11, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Great report, great day.  yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #99 on: September 11, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Love the Grand slam  silver cup to go with the gold medal Mark, what a star our Andy is.  trophy
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #100 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51 PM »

Excellent report Nigel. Like everyone else I am absolutely delighted - now he has that one out of the way there will hopefully be more and there will certainly be many more supreme battles with Novak. It was wonderful watching the match unfold, many bad and many good moments. Now he can build on his triumph - the pressure is off.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #101 on: September 11, 2012, 03:57 PM »

Media hounding Andy on Sky News
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #102 on: September 11, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Great report Nigel and what a fab fab night,never had any doubts that our Andy would do it,watched every minute of it and boy was i tired at the end of the night,but well worth staying up for. hug yay clap
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #103 on: September 11, 2012, 04:36 PM »

And he must be totally exhausted by now.  As if the match didn't drain him enough.

And Happy Birthday to you TJ - what a wonderful present!

Thank you! Indeed, it's marvellous, knew he would do it!

Andy is going to be a busy man for a bit now, isn't he, doing media stuff. I hope he takes care and paces himself. I want him fit and ready to go for the rest of the year and the WTF.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #104 on: September 11, 2012, 04:40 PM »

The only good thing about Nole calling the trainer was the chance to see how cool Andy was - going on court and hitting the ball against the backboard while he waited  then calmly serving for the match.     What a star!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »