Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 14213 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #105 on: September 11, 2012, 04:41 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19560983

More interviews, inc Judy, a proud Mum indeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19552707
[ Last edit by Mackem September 11, 2012, 04:46 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #106 on: September 11, 2012, 04:49 PM »

I love that! Judy sounds so proud, and so she should!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #107 on: September 11, 2012, 05:20 PM »

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Andy Murray: "It was an incredibly tough match, and obviously it felt great at the end. 'Relief' is probably the best word I would use to describe how I'm feeling just now. [I'm] very, very happy that I managed to come through because if I had lost this one from two sets up, that would have been a tough one to take."

On ending his country's major title drought: "It's great to have finally done it, and I said in one of the interviews after the match, I hope now it inspires some kids to play tennis and also takes away the notion that British tennis players choke or don't win or it's not a good sport."

On targeting the No. 1 ranking: "That is the next step. To do that, you need to be consistent throughout the whole year. That's something that Novak and Roger and Rafa have done incredibly well the last few years. He made it very, very difficult for guys to get up there. I'm definitely going to try. It's something I'd love to do, to get to No. 1. It's a very tough thing to do."          

Novak Djokovic: "Any loss is a bad loss. There is no question about it. I'm disappointed to lose the match, but in the back of my mind I knew that I gave it all. I really, really tried to fight my way back through."

On Murray winning: "I had a great opponent today. He deserved to win this Grand Slam more than anybody, I'm sure, because over the years he's been a top player. He's been so close; lost four finals. Now he has won it, so I would like to congratulate him."
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #108 on: September 11, 2012, 05:28 PM »

After only three hours of sleep, which I sacrified gladly, I now came back from work and am very keen on checking the echo on MW and in other media. The interviews show many facets of Andy. Interesting to see how much public support he receives these days. this fact really reflects his growing popularity, although we of course have known  about his potential as a player and his rather naturally shy demeanour in front of media representatives. I always liked his personality and am extremely happy he could prove to the world that he is no choker at all but battled back when things went wrong. this was the key last night.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #109 on: September 11, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Andy Murray offered Freedom of Stirling after US Open victory  [BBC Scotland news]

US Open champion Andy Murray has been offered the Freedom of Stirling [6 miles from Dunblane] after his grand slam victory.

Stirling Council has been in touch with Murray's management team to discuss an appropriate tribute to what it called "the local hero".

Stirling Provost, Councillor Mike Robbins, said: "It's a match that no-one who watched it, or listened to it on the radio in the wee small hours, is ever going to forget.

"The whole community will want to congratulate Andy on his first Gland Slam title, and on the glorious, warrior-like way he won it.

"He's proved himself as an outstanding athlete and a man of true grit, and we'd love to offer him Freedom of the City of Stirling as a lasting mark of our thanks, our support and our respect."

He added: "We're keen to celebrate this latest fantastic feat in the way that Andy chooses.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-19557379
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #110 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Is anyone else suffering from the new disease of Murrayitis or in more extreme cases Andyoma?
Symptoms include listlessness and an inability to focus on anything but that boy and his glorious win. Smiling and laughing  inappropriately in supermarkets has also been reported.
I imagine it's going to take a long, long time to recover from this and don't think I want to anyway.
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #111 on: September 11, 2012, 06:04 PM »

All my pent up emotions came out after watching Head's tribute to Andy on winning the USO.

God, I love Andy and tennis to death! We used to say Novak-Andy is the future. Well, I say, the future is now Smile
IP Logged
pete
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #112 on: September 11, 2012, 06:12 PM »

well done andy,i'm over the moon for you.You are superhuman person  
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 06:33 PM »

I've been amazed by the coverage in the papers and on the internet. It's heartwarming to see how pleased everyone is for him.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44 PM »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/revealed-andy-murray-bar-bill-us-open-win-155128115.html

Looks like Andy celebrated in fine style.....and why not
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Is anyone else suffering from the new disease of Murrayitis or in more extreme cases Andyoma?
Symptoms include listlessness and an inability to focus on anything but that boy and his glorious win. Smiling and laughing  inappropriately in supermarkets has also been reported.
I imagine it's going to take a long, long time to recover from this and don't think I want to anyway.

Oh, that's what I'm suffering from! Please, don't cure me!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 06:50 PM »

11 bottles of still water for $88, wut? Very Happy

Murray, who signed the bill and a menu for the restaurant, had only a single lemon soda, which set him back $6.

tender
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Going to have a fab time tonight watching, reading everything to do with Andys win.....and my bottle of champers wich I've had for so many years purely for this occasion lies shaking in its box wondering when his/her demise is going to occur...between me and you... Friday night..arf! arf!..shhh! now.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #118 on: September 11, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Symptoms include listlessness and an inability to focus on anything but that boy and his glorious win. Smiling and laughing  inappropriately in supermarkets has also been reported.
oh yes not just me then haha.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #119 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Going to have a fab time tonight watching, reading everything to do with Andys win.....and my bottle of champers wich I've had for so many years purely for this occasion lies shaking in its box wondering when his/her demise is going to occur...between me and you... Friday night..arf! arf!..shhh! now.
yay We had 2 bottles of Champers leftover from my daughters wedding 18 months ago.  They were consumed at 2.30am this morning!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »