Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 12497 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 07:29 PM »

^ Marvellous...it would have been me but dreaded work awaited.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #121 on: September 11, 2012, 07:31 PM »

Robbeee!!!!!! He won!!!!!!!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #122 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40 PM »

Unbelieveably good report Nigel. I reads like a combined thriller, lovestory and war correspondant report. 
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #123 on: September 11, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Hey Murraysworld. I cant believe this moment has finally come w00t I have followed Murray from the very start of his career and followed this website for a number of years. This is my first time posting because weirdly enough I made myself a vow that my first post would come on the night of Murray's first slam. Weird I know but I cannot tell you how happy I am that he has won and to finally be posting on here given what it means. I am currently drinking a victory bottle of champagne and smoking a victory cigar hope you are all doing the same cmon yeah
welcome to MW, Backhand star Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #124 on: September 11, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Hey Murraysworld. I cant believe this moment has finally come w00t I have followed Murray from the very start of his career and followed this website for a number of years. This is my first time posting because weirdly enough I made myself a vow that my first post would come on the night of Murray's first slam. Weird I know but I cannot tell you how happy I am that he has won and to finally be posting on here given what it means. I am currently drinking a victory bottle of champagne and smoking a victory cigar hope you are all doing the same cmon yeah
Well, we shall take that as a back handed compliment eh! Backhand.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #125 on: September 11, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Robbeee!!!!!! He won!!!!!!!
Did we just dream it Linda?..if so, don't wake me up.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #126 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04 PM »

From the terraces of Hampden Park Glasgow where Scotland are playing Macedonia the fans are singing 'there's only one Andy Murray'..........now we know Andy has made it! Whistle
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #127 on: September 11, 2012, 08:05 PM »

Watching the Scotland / Macedonia game at Hampden and the Scottish fans are giving it laldy whilst singing "there's only one Andy Murray". - brilliant!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #128 on: September 11, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Sorry Iris must have posted at the same time!!  How brilliant is that football and tennis together!!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #129 on: September 11, 2012, 08:10 PM »

Everytime I see him on TV or see a video clip I start crying with happiness. He's
made me so proud and happy. Couldnt think of anything else at work today, just Andy and his win.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #130 on: September 11, 2012, 08:11 PM »

Does anyone know if Andy will be coming home for the Scottish Olympics parade?  There was word that he would coming back to Dunblane should he win, which obviously he has, just think it would be brilliant for Andy to be able to celebrate his Olympic medals and the USO back home where it means so much to him.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #131 on: September 11, 2012, 08:21 PM »

I'm soooo happy couldn't see it out... Hardly slept a wink, got up showered at 5.20 this morning and I was so nervous, I was dry boking... Drove to work, radio off, parked up.. Just as I was summing up the nerve to turn the radio on , two people were walking past my car and I heard some one say Andy had won(that person does not know how close they were to a stranger jumping out the car and giving them a big kiss).... Well every body Andy did it...WE did it..... Don't worry Veronica and Linda, my champers and me have got a date tonight.....Yeeeeeees.
I got 2hrs 30 mins sleep and felt like I'd gone 5 sets with Andy Murray when I went to work this morning.

I'm quite good at managing on little sleep but couldnt wait to get home and read the match report and all the threads and posts.
Enjoy your Champers Robbie!  I had a glass or two of scotch last night (just boringly moderate)
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #132 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Does anyone know if Andy will be coming home for the Scottish Olympics parade?  There was word that he would coming back to Dunblane should he win, which obviously he has, just think it would be brilliant for Andy to be able to celebrate his Olympic medals and the USO back home where it means so much to him.

I saw his Gran's interview and she didn't know if he was coming but hoped he was like the rest of us.    I think he'll come if he possibly can.   Dunblane are planning a big party on  Saturday - no doubt hoping he will drop in.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #133 on: September 11, 2012, 08:34 PM »

I've hardly stopped smiling all day!  yay It was so great watching BBC News and Reporting Scotland tonight. Even the dire One Show had an interview with Andy's Grandparents Roy and Shirley. His Grandpa said they'd been dealing with media for the past 12 hours but this was the last. Think he was looking forward to some peace and quiet! He reminded me a lot of Andy - same dry humour.

Anyway I've had a 'Braw Wee Bear' like the one pictured for a few years. Today I named him Andy. Seemed appropriate!

* Large_SS2102.jpg (19.63 KB, 285x303 - viewed 180 times.)
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #134 on: September 11, 2012, 08:34 PM »

Think it would be great for Dunblane, they love him, appreciate him and have closed ranks previously when the media were ripping him apart.  Just think he would love the whole celebration thing which he missed out on post Olympics.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »