Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 12130 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #300 on: September 16, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Please don't shoot the messenger. I am happy for murray and perhaps these scurrilous rumours will give him the required focus to take the Aussie Open as well - just to lay matters to rest once and for all

Personally I'd prefer to lay you to rest once and for all.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #301 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14 PM »

But have you exterminated Steve Bywaters?    I can't find the poor soul.    What a loss to humanity.
For posting about the existence of a rumour and then agreeing that it's far fetched?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #302 on: September 16, 2012, 07:16 PM »

No.    For insinuating that it isn't.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #303 on: September 16, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Hi All,

You know what, I don't care. People can say what they like now, because none of it stands up. Andy basically knocked Federer's teeth down his throat on the grass of Centre Court at the Olympics. He ended the great run Djokovic has had on hard courts by winning at Flushing Meadows. It's really quite simple.

It's actually more insulting to the opponents than it is to Andy. Tanking is against the rules for a start. Players have to be seen to be making their best efforts to win. Also, even if an opponent was to go easy on him, which isn't the case in either final, Andy would still have to go out and win. Andy isn't daft, he would know if an opponent had suddenly let him off the hook, and you can bet he would wonder what the hell was going on. That could be a distraction, rather like playing an injured opponent. The fact is that Andy, or any other player, can only control what goes on on their side of the net. You can't control what the opponent does.

The fact is that people who say these things are idiots. They have no respect for, or knowledge of, the sport, so they make things up. That doesn't alter the fact that Andy is Olympic and US Open Champion, so anyone who doesn't like that fact can get stuffed.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #304 on: September 16, 2012, 07:19 PM »

The infamous Betfair forum is awash with such tripe. Youtube, twitter, you name it the anti scottish bile spreads on it. Me? I have trouble imagining Djokovic saying to himself "  to hell with it I can spare a Slam for me old pal or he'll never bloody do it" No. I for one am not swayed (although 6/2 final set does give a trillionth of a second pause for thought) you have to give Murray the benefit of the doubt

I think you should steer clear of Betfair, steve. You must feel so alone there, and clearly this causes you some distress.

You should check out the 'Murray in Dunblane' thread. Much more uplifting. Lots of brill Youtube stuff too.

Bye the way, isn't it great that Andy is the US Open Champion, and the holder of the Olympic Gold Medal for the next 4 years?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #305 on: September 16, 2012, 07:19 PM »

The infamous Betfair forum is awash with such tripe. Youtube, twitter, you name it the anti scottish bile spreads on it. Me? I have trouble imagining Djokovic saying to himself "  to hell with it I can spare a Slam for me old pal or he'll never bloody do it" No. I for one am not swayed (although 6/2 final set does give a trillionth of a second pause for thought) you have to give Murray the benefit of the doubt
If you think this is such tripe, which it is, then why bother bringing it up on here in the first place?  It serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #306 on: September 16, 2012, 07:29 PM »

I think it is complete nonsense - if, and I say if he was going to do that, he wouldn't have been stupid enough to battle to regain sets 3 + 4 - there is still a lot of the season left, and he wants to get back to no 1. You only have to look at him in that final set with bloody knees, and falling a lot. He hasn't fought a 5 set match to 5 sets since the FO? He was completely knackered.  I thinl he probable got his tactics a bit wrong, and he doesn't seem good in the wind. I also don't particularly like him and I can't see him doing such a thing. Not too mention the medical time out, which seemed designed to try to put Mr M off his stride.  I suppose he also gave Mr M the Olympic semi as well, Del Pot the Olympic Bronze, and Fed the Wimbledon Semi. If you had to nail me I would say that we are seeing more of the real ND this year. Last year was a bit of an anomaly for some reason. Murray won that match fair and square just like he did the Olympic Gold match.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #307 on: September 16, 2012, 07:40 PM »

If that was the case why would Djoko have fought so hard to take the 3rd and 4th sets - he might just as well let Andy have it in three!

because Novak won 3 and 4 so easily is why eyebrows have been raised at the final set capitulation. Its as if the anti murrays see this as an opportunity to dilute his achievement.
I'm glad for it, in a way. For me theres always the danger with Andy to rest on his laurels so to speak and simply cruise having reached his goal, happy to stay at 3 - we've all seen how in slams he goes out in the semis and says how pleased he is, or in the matches he takes a 2 set lead and then the fire goes out.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #308 on: September 16, 2012, 07:50 PM »

I think you should steer clear of Betfair, steve. You must feel so alone there, and clearly this causes you some distress.

You should check out the 'Murray in Dunblane' thread. Much more uplifting. Lots of brill Youtube stuff too.

Bye the way, isn't it great that Andy is the US Open Champion, and the holder of the Olympic Gold Medal for the next 4 years?

No. for me thats not nearly enough. He could have done this Lendl/mental/1st and 2nd serve change years ago by hiring a proper coach instead of his silly amateurish team thingie. What a terrible waste of talent it's been. Ok he's thrown 6 years of Slams away for no good reason whatsoever....But looking to the future
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #309 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53 PM »

If that was the case why would Djoko have fought so hard to take the 3rd and 4th sets - he might just as well let Andy have it in three!
Exactly Alis, Djoko all pumped and his parents and coach jumping about thinking he was going to win ,just so he could hand it to Andy in the 5 th, PLEASE !! he said himself he gave it his all, anyway Andy will win more slams , so two fingers to the lot of sad ------.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #310 on: September 16, 2012, 08:00 PM »

No. for me thats not nearly enough. He could have done this Lendl/mental/1st and 2nd serve change years ago by hiring a proper coach instead of his silly amateurish team thingie. What a terrible waste of talent it's been. Ok he's thrown 6 years of Slams away for no good reason whatsoever....But looking to the future
Well steve..you can choose to either rake over hot coals of the past, or embrace the here and now.

Aren't you proud of him? And have you watched any of the Dunblane thread?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #311 on: September 16, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Wasn't sure where you were going with your first post today but now I do..... I'm really, really sorry for people like you....hope one day things will work out for you... take care. hug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #312 on: September 16, 2012, 08:02 PM »

6 years don't make me laugh, Djoko only had that amazing year last year and he turned pro 18 months before Andy, yes he had won a slam before but had done nothing after that, so Andy doing so well this year makes that theory Plausible . It makes me sick all the doubters saying he would never win one now he has  Djoko let him !! and now when is he going to win another!! It's not even a week since he won.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #313 on: September 16, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Wasn't sure where you were going with your first post today but now I do..... I'm really, really sorry for people like you....hope one day things will work out for you... take care. hug
Moi?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #314 on: September 16, 2012, 08:05 PM »

No, Steve ya numpty
[ Last edit by robbie September 16, 2012, 08:09 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »