Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt  (Read 11941 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #330 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55 AM »

He'll be raking over the past believe me wondering what could have been ...like why didn't I hire a winner when I was 20 etc
He's been saying for years how the psychological approach was all bo**ocks. Now he's admitting self belief was the problem all along and Lendls sorted it.

Anyway he looks a changed MAN these days now mum seems to be out the picture, so only good things ahead
What a load of rubbish you write, his Mum is his Mum and really hasn't been in the picture since he was 15, she has always supported her son as any Mother would and being a coach could also advise him. People mature at different times and you also need a bit of luck as can be seen who the top 3 beat in their first slam, whereas Andy did it the hard way, and can be very proud of his achievement
I have a rumour for you to spread on other sites: Andy allowed Nole win the 3rd and 4th sets as he didn't want whitewash his friend as he had Federer in the Olympic Final. Once he had given those two sets to Nole he then put his foot down and took the final set 6-2. Thus giving Nole some pride in his defence of his Title. Whistle cmon yeah
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #331 on: September 17, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Anyway he looks a changed MAN these days now mum seems to be out the picture, so only good things ahead

Sexist alert hammer
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #332 on: September 17, 2012, 10:38 AM »

What a load of rubbish you write, his Mum is his Mum and really hasn't been in the picture since he was 15, she has always supported her son as any Mother would and being a coach could also advise him. People mature at different times and you also need a bit of luck as can be seen who the top 3 beat in their first slam, whereas Andy did it the hard way, and can be very proud of his achievement
I have a rumour for you to spread on other sites: Andy allowed Nole win the 3rd and 4th sets as he didn't want whitewash his friend as he had Federer in the Olympic Final. Once he had given those two sets to Nole he then put his foot down and took the final set 6-2. Thus giving Nole some pride in his defence of his Title. Whistle cmon yeah

Brilliant Michelle,    roflmao
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #333 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46 AM »

I didn't really care how Andy got his first slam but so proud of the way he dug in the 5th against an established champion.

Every player develops at a difference pace and remember Ivanisevic won his slam when everyone but himself gave up hope? It's all the sweeter to do it the hard way sometimes.

Roger was kinda lucky not to have been born 3-4 years earlier, otherwise he would have been in the same shoes as Andy with getting Sampras/Agassi/Rafter/Becker/Stitch/Muster/Kuerten/Courier blocking his path to his first slam.

I'm just happy that the pressure of winning a maiden slam will now shift to Tsonga, Berdych, Raonic and Tomic etc. Andy can now just play free from now on. Roll on WTF and AO.
IP Logged
dee
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #334 on: September 17, 2012, 12:44 PM »

What an amazing performance!! Never doubted you Andy!! WEll done!!!! trophy trophy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #335 on: September 17, 2012, 02:16 PM »

No. for me thats not nearly enough. He could have done this Lendl/mental/1st and 2nd serve change years ago by hiring a proper coach instead of his silly amateurish team thingie. What a terrible waste of talent it's been. Ok he's thrown 6 years of Slams away for no good reason whatsoever....But looking to the future

Well, well, well, you are patronising and full of yourself aren't you?

I don't see the point in going over the past, but even if there was a point you'd have to see that every year since Andy went on to the pro tour he has made strides forward. Every coach he has had, including the 'silly amateurish team thingie' - presumably that's a term straight out of the tennis coach's guide book - has added something to Andy and taken him as far as they personally could. I'm sure someone out there could go through all of Andy's coaches one by one and say what Andy did whilst with them.

Judy out of the picture? Mmmm, the last time I checked she is still Andy's Mum. I think people should lay off Judy to be honest. Is it a crime to want your children to be happy and to want them to achieve whatever potential they have? Is it a crime to want to support your child? I don't think it is. She hasn't coached Andy for years, doesn't go to all his tournaments, and wasn't there for part of the USO this year. She missed him in the latter parts of the AO this year too, because she had Fed Cup duties to attend to. The only thing Judy has done wrong is not having a couple of daughters as well as the boys. I never understand why Judy gets such a raw deal and gets portrayed as controlling. Would she have allowed Andy to go to Spain at 15 if she was trying to control him? The suggestion is ridiculous.

The fact is that not all players start winning majors at 17, 18, 19. They all develop at their own rate. Andy has won his first at 25, and still has plenty of time for a whole bunch. He's had to endure constantly being compared to the other players in the top four. He's even been constantly compared to bloody Fred Perry for God's sake. He's had to pick himself back up from four major final losses as well, when under such pressure to win. Well now he has won and more will follow. Anyone who doesn't like that can just deal with it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #336 on: September 17, 2012, 02:31 PM »

If that was the case why would Djoko have fought so hard to take the 3rd and 4th sets - he might just as well let Andy have it in three!
Ha ha.....good point!!
Also if it was a premeditated decision, would Djokovic have allowed the first set tie-break go to 12-10 in a game that lasted 25 minutes?  He could have let Andy close it out respectably sooner with a lot less grief to himself.

lol  Nice one, Michelle.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #337 on: September 17, 2012, 02:54 PM »

It doesn't matter how Andy got his first slam, although it was under far tougher conditions than any of the other 3 had in winning theirs, particularly federer.
What matters, and what shall be remembered is that he has won it.
Simple as that.
And now he could be a true contender for 3 slams next year.
The future has gotten a lot brighter in the last few weeks, without a doubt.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #338 on: September 17, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Added to which Andy wanted to give the paying public a lengthy final to appreciate.  He likes to give value for money and winning in 3 would have been a little anticlimatic!!!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #339 on: September 17, 2012, 07:07 PM »

Steve,   I am not going to listen to your sexist views.   Judy is an amazing mum.   She is an incredible person.   Very inspiring,  She will always support and encourage anyone,  especially Andy.   I don't get why she gets so much criticism  .  I mean  wtf  has she done ?!?!?!  LEAVE HER ALONE.   THAT IS AN ORDER.  How in  lord's  name did Nole tank the USO final.  Someone please explain this to me.     what is with some people.  Do you just thrive on annoying people, until you have been thoroughly entertained and amused.    

Andy has made leaps and bounds in his career and all you can say    "look at what could of happened earlier in his career"  ?    

Do you know what  it's bloody hard to win 1 one these bloomin majors in any era, no matter who playing against .  so you better bloomin appreciate it  when  1 of your  favs wins one of them.  !!!!!  
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 September 18, 2012, 07:08 AM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #340 on: September 17, 2012, 10:51 PM »

John I would not get upset by this moron, you do not have to justify Andy Murray, he has achieved so much this summer, and prove is in the pudding!
IP Logged
dai
Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #341 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20 PM »

good to see Andy sharing his wins with the children
of his home town, he is their hero and may-be there
will be a champ there, good on him.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #342 on: September 17, 2012, 11:28 PM »

Steve B...... has gone again JK and he'll only come back if he thinks he can upset us.   Nothing said can
alter this fact.     Andy has a gold and a silver Olympic medal and is the US Open Champion.   Not only that but he looks fantastic and he has Kim.    In fact if he wasn't such a nice guy I might think he has far too much!!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #343 on: September 18, 2012, 08:51 AM »

Right, empty house (hubby in Napier/Hastings, girls in Wellington) so chance to finally watch the tennis without interruptions.

I'm at the end of the 4th set - OMG! fainting  I know the score but Im so ruddy tense! nervous

And can I say that those people out that that have a go at Judy should take a look at Novak's dad wtf  I thought he was going to call the umpire outside  Boxing

Cup of tea and chocolate to get me through the final set! Very Happy
IP Logged
WishIWasKim

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #344 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49 AM »

Read this - hilarious:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/murray-vows-to-drive-the-english-out-of-scotland-2012091140626
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply