Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Magnificent Murray ends 76 years of hurt

(Read 13495 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #345 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21 AM »

At last, I get to see the match I've been waiting a whole week to watch. fainting Nigel, I didn't see an ecstatic Andy Murray at the end of the match Whistle (sore feet and all that) but I did see someone that finally realised his dream, believed that he could do it and left everything out there.  Good report Very Happy

trophy Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #346 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17 PM »

Glad you finally got to watch it Bev, didn't realise you still hadn't seen it!

I'm tempted to watch it again now. Haven't watched the match-winning point in about four days. Crazy.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #347 on: September 18, 2012, 02:36 PM »

I think Andy was just so relieved to win. He could not quite take it in and I think he was so happy to win. I think he only realized it the following day. It could not have happened to a nicer person. What you see is what you get with no airs and graces just a nice young man who at last realised his dream.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #348 on: September 18, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Right, empty house (hubby in Napier/Hastings, girls in Wellington) so chance to finally watch the tennis without interruptions.
You had to wait this long????? shocking

The Daily Mash had better be careful, or else it'll be giving Alex Salmond ideas. lol
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #349 on: September 18, 2012, 04:32 PM »

I think Andy was just so relieved to win. He could not quite take it in and I think he was so happy to win. I think he only realized it the following day. It could not have happened to a nicer person. What you see is what you get with no airs and graces just a nice young man who at last realised his dream.

Good posting!

Actually he was saying on the news it took until Thursday for it to really sink in. He woke up from a nap on the sofa and wasn't sure if he had won it because of his dream after Wimbledon that he had won it!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #350 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Glad you finally got to watch it Bev, didn't realise you still hadn't seen it!

I'm tempted to watch it again now. Haven't watched the match-winning point in about four days. Crazy.

You had to wait this long????? shocking

5 hours to watch in one go was always going to push it for me during the week (get home about 6) as other people want to watch things on tv too and I got fed up of stopping and starting it (though I kept getting texts and phone calls from my loved ones last night) and I was never going to avoid the score, so I was happy to wait my time out.  It was worth it. yes  I felt pretty smug for Andy, knowing that all the fist pumping from Novak and his team were all in vein Whistle  Novak was gracious with his comments though.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #351 on: September 18, 2012, 08:30 PM »

because Novak won 3 and 4 so easily is why eyebrows have been raised at the final set capitulation. Its as if the anti murrays see this as an opportunity to dilute his achievement.
I'm glad for it, in a way. For me theres always the danger with Andy to rest on his laurels so to speak and simply cruise having reached his goal, happy to stay at 3 - we've all seen how in slams he goes out in the semis and says how pleased he is, or in the matches he takes a 2 set lead and then the fire goes out.
Andy said on Sunday (TV) his ambition is to win more slams, and when asked about his future right after the final, he said, he will work towards being the World No.1.

I cant see that he is lacking in drive or ambition whatsover. To say he's happy "cruising" now just beggers belief.
It really does.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #352 on: September 18, 2012, 09:58 PM »

At last, I get to see the match I've been waiting a whole week to watch.
Thought you were ahead of us, Bev?  Very Happy
Wasn't it brilliant? yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #353 on: September 19, 2012, 12:06 AM »

5 hours to watch in one go was always going to push it for me during the week (get home about 6) as other people want to watch things on tv too and I got fed up of stopping and starting it (though I kept getting texts and phone calls from my loved ones last night) and I was never going to avoid the score, so I was happy to wait my time out.  It was worth it. yes  I felt pretty smug for Andy, knowing that all the fist pumping from Novak and his team were all in vein Whistle  Novak was gracious with his comments though.
I'm sure it was all the sweeter for the long wait.  I thought Novak spoke very well too, and I actually felt a bit sorry for him ... but just a very little bit!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #354 on: September 19, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Wow!..I just found the opportunity to watch the whole match again. If truth be told, I fast-forwarded sets 3 & 4.

It's a true saying that hindsight is a wonderful thing. I can't begin to explain how incredibly sweet it was to re-live that final set, now knowing about the internal dialogue Andy gave himself at his bathroom break, and the adrenalin that got him through, torn-off toenail and all. To see him limping and grimacing at the end just showed how physically and mentally tough he was.

Next to Andy actually lifting the beautiful trophy, my favourite part was when he turned to his camp at the end of the first game of that final set, and gestured for them to be calm.  Imagine.. Andy telling his team to be calm. Who'd have thought..

But this is our Andy.. the Andy we've always known had the goods..the boy-turned-man who has finally staked his claim in the history of tennis and has earmed his glorious USO Slam trophy in victorious fashion.

Let the Murray/Djokovic era begin...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #355 on: September 19, 2012, 01:51 AM »

I really must watch the whole of that final set again, if it's still available somewhere, and not just the final game and Andy's subsequent reactions.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #356 on: September 19, 2012, 02:11 AM »

Thought you were ahead of us, Bev?  Very Happy
Wasn't it brilliant? yes

Crying or Very sad  Just because I had to work Crying or Very sad  I've been there at the crappy times but couldn't be there for the best of times.  My positive vibes are always there for him though Very Happy

I half expected him to receive his award with just his socks on lol and I'm guessing that he doesn't pack his own bag, not knowing that the watch was in there, somewhere search

I really did enjoy watching it, and yes, the tears flowed at the end.  Such a sweet moment for him, his family, his team and his fans. grouphug
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #357 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17 AM »

Just watched the final again, i must say it's so much nicer to watch it knowing the outcome is a positive one Smile and I also picked up on things I didn't notice when watching the first time as i was too stressed out haha.

The first 2 sets it was very noticable how much he made novak run around, positioning himself in the centre of the court hitting the lines and making Novak work hard, i think that in the 5th this really did pay off as it was clear Andy had much more in the tank than Novak did
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #358 on: September 19, 2012, 06:28 AM »

I absolutely agree that he wore Nole out in the first two sets.  I am sure this was part of the game plan as it was at the AO only this time it worked as Andy himself was fitter.  The 5th set was a joy to behold.  The wind was a help in the first 2 sets as Andy is probably one of the best if not the best in windy conditions.  I rem,ember 2 years ago at Toronto he coped better than anyone in extreme winds.  Probably all the practise in Scotland.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Exultant Murray ends 76 years of hurt « Reply #359 on: September 19, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Wow!..I just found the opportunity to watch the whole match again. If truth be told, I fast-forwarded sets 3 & 4.

It's a true saying that hindsight is a wonderful thing. I can't begin to explain how incredibly sweet it was to re-live that final set, now knowing about the internal dialogue Andy gave himself at his bathroom break, and the adrenalin that got him through, torn-off toenail and all. To see him limping and grimacing at the end just showed how physically and mentally tough he was.

Next to Andy actually lifting the beautiful trophy, my favourite part was when he turned to his camp at the end of the first game of that final set, and gestured for them to be calm.  Imagine.. Andy telling his team to be calm. Who'd have thought..

But this is our Andy.. the Andy we've always known had the goods..the boy-turned-man who has finally staked his claim in the history of tennis and has earmed his glorious USO Slam trophy in victorious fashion.

Let the Murray/Djokovic era begin...

I like that last line Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »