Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 9931 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #210 on: November 15, 2012, 02:29 AM »

You actually should give them a quick glance Aileen-she comes across as very friendly and funny in them.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #211 on: November 15, 2012, 02:41 AM »

Just had a look at some.  Quite impressive!  Of course we don't know his Dad, but I think it's Judy Andy possibly gets his sense of humour from.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #212 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49 AM »

naughty Proddy.
I think Judy is hilarious, and clearly adores her boys. Her twitter account is very funny and down-to-earth. https://twitter.com/judmoo
Some people's personalities come across better in print than they do in person.
And Aileen, how could you not love Judy (and Will) for giving us Andy? hug

It would be wrong if a dashing young adult like myself was NOT put off by Mrs. Murray lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #213 on: November 15, 2012, 03:08 AM »

Can we have a pic of you then, Joe, so's we can drool over it? Very Happy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #214 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52 AM »

I really like Judy. Her tweets are very funny, so down-to-earth (and all the mentions of Deliciano are a nice bonus! Wink) I really admire all the work she does to get children interested in tennis too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #215 on: November 15, 2012, 10:08 AM »

Completely agree with you Katie-she seems like a really lovely person.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #216 on: November 15, 2012, 10:15 AM »

Apologies if someone has already said this but not been on MW for a day or so and no time right now to read back.  But it struck me that the reason smugfed fans hate Andy so much is that he deprived their hero of his most coveted glory: Olympic Gold.   He then massacred fed in Shanghai.
So they were out for revenge big time and were not simply pro-Fed as in the final but were definitely anti-Andy.  And Andy has to be ready for that now any time anywhere he faces Fed.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #217 on: November 15, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Apologies if someone has already said this but not been on MW for a day or so and no time right now to read back.  But it struck me that the reason smugfed fans hate Andy so much is that he deprived their hero of his most coveted glory: Olympic Gold.   He then massacred fed in Shanghai.
So they were out for revenge big time and were not simply pro-Fed as in the final but were definitely anti-Andy.  And Andy has to be ready for that now any time anywhere he faces Fed.

I don't want to labour the point, I think I've said my bit on the subject, but that is exactly right. It's what I've been trying to say all along.

I think Andy was a bit caught out by it this time, but I don't think he will be in future.

It's a shame really. As far as I'm concerned this debacle has ruined the WTF this year.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #218 on: November 15, 2012, 11:43 AM »

sorry tj if I've not picked that up.  For some reason it really only hit me this week and then it all became blindingly clear as to why those fed fans were so very hostile to Andy beyond just wanting their man to win.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #219 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54 AM »

Hi All,

It's interesting that Judy isn't universally popular, even on here. Personally I like her a lot, I have a lot of time for her down to earth manner. She comes over, at least I think, as someone you could talk to, have a laugh with.

The problem, I think, is that tennis has been marred to some degree, by pushy, overbearing parents, or rather, stories of them. I think Judy has been pushed in to that category in some minds. I don't put her into that group at all, but there we are. I think there have also been parents who have dabbled in the sport too, clearly knowing nothing, but thinking they do, thinking they can coach their little darling to be the next big thing, but Judy isn't like that either. Judy Murray knows her tennis. I think she's done well with the Fed Cup team for us, and I'm convinced her input, or involvement, has helped Laura Robson and Heather Watson in their own careers.

I love the way Judy supports Andy. Contrary to popular myth, she doesn't go to all his matches, but when she is there she supports him. I don't think I've ever seen her send Andy anything other than positive vibes when he is playing. I like the contrast now with Lendl. Lendl needs to be calm, collected, to do his job as Andy's coach, to take things from matches that could help. Judy probably needs to get in to it to do hers, be Andy's Mum, support him, be someone he can look at and know she is on his side no matter what. I think that is important.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #220 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03 PM »

Apologies if someone has already said this but not been on MW for a day or so and no time right now to read back.  But it struck me that the reason smugfed fans hate Andy so much is that he deprived their hero of his most coveted glory: Olympic Gold.   He then massacred fed in Shanghai.
So they were out for revenge big time and were not simply pro-Fed as in the final but were definitely anti-Andy.  And Andy has to be ready for that now any time anywhere he faces Fed.
Hi Ruthie!  Yes the small matter of Olympic gold, and Shanghai, has already been mentioned as a possible reason for SmugFed fans disliking Andy so much, and another equally plausible suggestion is that these days there's so much talk in the media of a Murray/Djokovic rivalry and supremacy whilst at the same time there have been thinly-veiled suggestions that their beloved hero is (whisper it!) on the downward slide.

I understand from another MW member who was at the final, that Djoko too was on the receiving end of much of the similar treatment dished out to Andy.  He wasn't booed but his errors were frequently applauded and spectators were calling out at inappropriate moments - something which caused this umpire on 2 or 3 occasions to request silence during play.  Of course Serbian fans aren't exactly noted for their quiet support (remember the time Fed turned on a group of them during a match and told them to 'shut up'?) and there was a considerable contingent of them there too, so that could have been a contributory factor as far as noise went.

I (thankfully) missed Andy's match although I did watch the final, but with 'mute' on for most of it because Messrs Henman, Castle and Petchey were irritating me, so I can't vouch for any of this but I can well believe that His Smugship's fans aren't exactly in love with Djoko either, especially as he's toppled Fed off his No.1 perch, almost certainly permanently now.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #221 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05 PM »

sorry tj if I've not picked that up.  For some reason it really only hit me this week and then it all became blindingly clear as to why those fed fans were so very hostile to Andy beyond just wanting their man to win.

Sorry Ruthie, I didn't mean to imply that you were slow to pick my point up. I was just agreeing with you.

I just think the whole thing is quite sad, in every sense of the word. I also think it suggests that a certain persons fans might be starting to panic, just a bit, about his prospects of continuing to win at the top level for much longer, so they had to do something, What better way than to try to put one of the only two active players on tour who have a winning head to head over their man in his place, the man who 'took' the gold medal because their man was 'tired'.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #222 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05 PM »

You can't read a book by it's cover. I think Judy is a nice person and really we should thank her for giving us two nice boys. As you say scotnadian she is down to earth with no airs and graces and does a lot of work to promote tennis.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #223 on: November 15, 2012, 12:09 PM »

I agree TJ.   Judy got a bad press for being too much in the limelight and for her enthusiasm for her son.   It's obvious especially if anyone takes a look at Set4sport that she made sport fun for her boys and is doing the same for other kids with that initiative.    The kids are developing hand/eye coordination and balance and having fun at the same time.   If only people would use their eyes and ears and a bit of grey matter if they have any and stop believing what they read in the tabloids.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #224 on: November 15, 2012, 12:09 PM »

Can we have a pic of you then, Joe, so's we can drool over it? Very Happy
There is one, in the pictures thread. I was joking about the dashing part hahaha.

In all honesty I don't mind Judy, she's an intelligent woman who I give credit for for helping british female Tennis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »