Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 10745 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Federer outclasses substandard Murray « on: November 11, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Despite a strong start Murray fell to a 7-6(5), 6-2 defeat against Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finals.

It was a heavily error-strewn performance from the Brit who racked up an uncharacteristic amount of unforced errors and failed to save a single break point as Federer cruised into the final.

For the third successive match Murray won the toss and elected to receive, and for the third successive time he got off to the perfect start, breaking the second seed in the opening game after a series of errors off the Federer racquet.

The Swiss man had made an overwhelming amount of errors throughout this tournament and the trend looked set to continue, as he again found himself in trouble at 3-1 after more wild errors. This time however he was able to avert the danger, before having a chance of his own on the Murray serve. But the Brit was able to stay ahead with some great net coverage to open up a 4-2 lead.

Read more (174 words)
Federer was working his way into the match and after a comfortable hold he broke back, aided heavily by a number of loose errors from the Scot.

Despite falling behind in his next service game Murray was able to regroup and force the tie-break, with the quality of tennis noticeably improving. But despite earning an early mini-break Federer rallied back, and it was the Swiss man who claimed the first set after just over an hour.

The defending champion was asserting his authority on the match now and in the third game he broke the world number three, coming from 40-0 down with Murray finding the net three times in succession.

The Brit’s return game was non-existent by now and Federer cruised into a 4-2 lead before breaking through again, passing Murray to seal his third break of the match before serving it out to book his place in the final.

Murray will now have a seven week lay-off before returning in Brisbane next year, where he will be looking to defend his title.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter November 11, 2012, 09:50 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48 PM »

'Error strewn performance"

Apt words to describe Andy's play.
Well written TMH..
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49 PM »

Quickest match report ever lol

Very disappointing performance from Murray, especially that blow-out second set. Too many errors and too low a first serve percentage overall.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Andy just didn't play well today and Federer was pretty good. Just really hoping Novak beats him in the final!
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:53 PM »

intital reaction,. Absolute garbage...but on reflection maybe understandable on the back of a very emotional year..roll on 2013. Pleae tell me that those boo's when he cracked his racket were from the swiss fans and not the arse licking fed fan yuppies we seem to get in this country...VOM.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Very disappointing performance from Murray, especially that blow-out second set. Too many errors and too low a first serve percentage overall.

Yeah, those.
IP Logged
Bobbie
Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 10:05 PM »

When will someone smash that smug, arrogant, match-throwing, bighead's face so that we don't have to see it on a tennis court anymore? Between looking at him, his smug looking box @ his brain-washed fans it's getting too much. Hope Novak wipes the floor with him tomorrow.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:08 PM »

When will someone smash that smug, arrogant, match-throwing, bighead's face so that we don't have to see it on a tennis court anymore? Between looking at him, his smug looking box @ his brain-washed fans it's getting too much. Hope Novak wipes the floor with him tomorrow.

Please join our forum Bobbie.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 10:08 PM »

I completely agree. And it's refreshing to hear a constructive comment from you among comments like:

"Hang your head in shame Murray. That was an absolutely worthless performance."

There's just no need.

IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Andy just didn't play well today and Federer was pretty good. Just really hoping Novak beats him in the final!

He will.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 10:49 PM »

He must.
IP Logged
FedFan
Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 10:55 PM »

EVeryone on this forum really hates Roger Federer!!!!!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 10:56 PM »

Murray has been complacent and lacked fire since the USO. I also hear he's going on holiday with Kim rather than doing a training block in the off-season. Not liking it.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58 PM »

EVeryone on this forum really hates Roger Federer!!!!!

That'll be because he's an ungracious, arrogant wazzock, FedFan. BTW, who do you support?
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 11:09 PM »

I switched off at 5:2 as I could not bear watching Fed win. actually, he did not play particularly well. All he had to do in the second set was wait for Andy's errors. I cannot explain to myself how his level was dropping. Was it the long and tiring season (which other players had as well), was it the missing support from the crowd, simply a bad day at the office (at one of the tour highlights)?Definitely it is very disappointing to end the season like that, foremost of course for Andy. Yet, it cannot take anything away from the great year we had with Andy this summer. today's match proved we are still on the Murray roller-coaster and I am going  take a ride next year again.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »