Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 10188 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11 PM »

That'll be because he's an ungracious, arrogant wazzock, FedFan. BTW, who do you support?

I think that's pretty obvious, judging by his name.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 11:12 PM »

EVeryone on this forum really hates Roger Federer!!!!!
So have you got a problem with that why do you come on here if you dont like what we write about Fed I would never entertain going to a Fed forum i take it he's got one.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 11:13 PM »

I also hear he's going on holiday with Kim rather than doing a training block in the off-season. Not liking it

Really? That sounds like an extraordinarily bad idea.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 11:22 PM »

I switched off at 5:2 as I could not bear watching Fed win. actually, he did not play particularly well. All he had to do in the second set was wait for Andy's errors. I cannot explain to myself how his level was dropping. Was it the long and tiring season (which other players had as well), was it the missing support from the crowd, simply a bad day at the office (at one of the tour highlights)?Definitely it is very disappointing to end the season like that, foremost of course for Andy. Yet, it cannot take anything away from the great year we had with Andy this summer. today's match proved we are still on the Murray roller-coaster and I am going  take a ride next year again.
He'll be ok counter-puncher come the AO.He can go away and work on a few things now and he will be an even better player next year than this im sure of that.And the reason we all support Andy is because of the roller-coaster ride I dont think we'd support him otherwise he'd be boreing.
IP Logged
fedFan
Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35 PM »

I support David Ferrer!  I like Murray and feel he is very talented and should have have won more Majors and probably will be 2013's # 1.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 11:43 PM »

Really? That sounds like an extraordinarily bad idea.

7 weeks off so surely a two week holiday now would be ok?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Murray has been complacent and lacked fire since the USO. I also hear he's going on holiday with Kim rather than doing a training block in the off-season. Not liking it.

There was bound to be a bit of a comedown post-USO. I seem to remember even Federer dropping off a bit after his first Wimbledon win (even saying things like 'I have no confidence at the moment') before winning the AO in 2004.

If it carries over into 2013 then I'll be concerned.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 11:48 PM »

The crowd were disgraceful, cheering when Andy missed a 1st serve, that really helped Andy. I thought I was watching a tournament in Switzerland and they were cheering on their Swiss player. Look forward to the time when the WTF's is held in another country!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 11:50 PM »

What a pity it ended this way.  C'est la vie!

Goes without saying that I wish Nole all the best in the final Whistle

Andy, Ivan and the team will do what they have to during the off season (hopefully there's some rest in there). 

I wish Andy (his family, team et al) a happy festive season and look forward to his return to Brisbane at the end of next month (30 Dec - 6 Jan) Very Happy

It's been a good year for Andy - my favourite will be the Olympics as I was able to see all of his matches (although it meant the loss of a lot of sleep).  I know that for others it will be the US Open.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51 PM »

The crowd were disgraceful, cheering when Andy missed a 1st serve, that really helped Andy. I thought I was watching a tournament in Switzerland and they were cheering on their Swiss player. Look forward to the time when the WTF's is held in another country!

I heard that Fed has requested the Davis Cup tie be moved from his home town next year - doesn't want the added pressure Whistle
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Me to but until Fed retires i fear things will not change.Andy got the same treatment in Shanghi this year when he played Fed the crowd were all for Fed and against Andy.I thought at the time it was very rude of them.And then he comes home and gets the same treatment here discracefull.It will be intresting to see what sort of treament Novak gets tomorrow.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 12:15 AM »

I also hear he's going on holiday with Kim rather than doing a training block in the off-season. Not liking it.

Where did you hear this? Can you post the link please.

As far as I know, Oliver Golding [and I think Jamie Baker at some stage] are both going to be joining him in his off-season training session.This was reported in October - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/golding-prepares-for-life-in-fast-lane-8210365.html
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 12:16 AM »

I think it's good that Andy is having a holiday, al work and no play will make Andy a dull boy, cut the guy some slack he has to have a life as well.  Having a break will re-invigorate him for his training block with Lendl, which he must be having as two other players are joining him.  This has been well documented in various press articles.  It's been a great breakthrough year for Andy and he has already said that he wants more.

I bet you Smugface and Djoko will be having a break why should Andy not have one.  Btw, hope if he is going to the SPOTY awards he wears a kilt as after the conduct of the crowd at the O2 he need no longer worry about being PC and "British" he is after all  100% scottish and proud.  Remember the welcome you got inScotland Andy and don't let the O2 crowd get you down.

2013 onwards and upwards for Andy Murray.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29 AM »

RE the holiday/training - as far as I understand, he's doing both. The off-season is longer, so I think he's planning on going away with Kim now, then going to Miami for his usual training block (where he'll be joined by Golding and then Baker for the last couple of weeks - as mentioned above) and playing in that Miami exhibition. Then he plans to go home for christmas, and after that he's signed up for the Abu Dhabi exhibition, before heading over to Australia for Brisbane.

Must be a bit weird having your whole life planned out like that.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 12:41 AM »

Me to but until Fed retires i fear things will not change.Andy got the same treatment in Shanghi this year when he played Fed the crowd were all for Fed and against Andy.I thought at the time it was very rude of them.And then he comes home and gets the same treatment here discracefull.It will be intresting to see what sort of treament Novak gets tomorrow.

Andy knows Fed has fans all over the world and it doesn't bother him but maybe he thought the home support would be for him.    Now that he knows he can't be a proper Brit because he is not English enough he can wear his saltire armbands again.   His real English fans would still support him and the others never will so he has nothing to lose.   And I'd love to see him in his kilt at the Spoty awards - he'd look fabulous.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »