Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 11142 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 12:51 AM »

Andy knows Fed has fans all over the world and it doesn't bother him but maybe he thought the home support would be for him.    Now that he knows he can't be a proper Brit because he is not English enough he can wear his saltire armbands again.   His real English fans would still support him and the others never will so he has nothing to lose.   And I'd love to see him in his kilt at the Spoty awards - he'd look fabulous.

Your right there his real English fans will always support him whatever me being one of them.What i cant get my head around is the fact that he lives in GB has a british girfriend,and if they were to marry and have children they would probably be born in the UK.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 01:25 AM »

I wonder if any other Olympic British champion would be treated like that at home. It took us 7 decades to find Andy Murray.  We don't bloody deserve him. So disgusted with that crowd.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 01:34 AM »

I wonder if any other Olympic British champion would be treated like that at home. It took us 7 decades to find Andy Murray.  We don't bloody deserve him. So disgusted with that crowd.

Like most things in life, some people don't appreciate what they have until it's gone, this is why i shall always support this guy, you know i even think i would be a fan of his even if he wasn't from the UK, i just love how he is such a down to earth young man with a wealth of talent, and i admire his work ethic, he has tried to make his mark against three all time greats of the game, and has succeded in my book - when he retires his true fans will acknowledge what we had, the highs and the lows, and i hope the rest of the UK feel really sorry for themselves in not supporting him when he is gone.

I remember the days of watching Wimbledon and hoping that Henman could overachieve again only to fail at the semi stage, i really do not want thise kind of days back.

I truly hope he can win Wimbledon one day, not for us but for himself, so he can tell all his haters that he and he alone won it regardless of what they think of him.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Not sure how British that crowd was last night, before everyone jumps to conclusions on whether or not the Brits appreciate him... Think
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 07:49 AM »

Really? That sounds like an extraordinarily bad idea.

So he has lost a match, at the end of a really emotional season, filled with ups and downs, at the end of the first year with a new coach, which has involved deconstructing his game, and attempting to rebuild it, which are all incredibly draining activities, and certain folks view is he should now punish himself by forgoing a holiday.

Therein lies the way to a complete breakdown and early retirement. I would suspect that some of his less successful matches recently are due in part to not giving himself enough time to process what he has achieved this year.

Never mind Boogers, given you obviously know Murray personally, are right inside his head and completely understand him, I am sure you can talk this through with him in person.

You can tell him to his face that you think he should be ashamed of himself, that many of his performances are dismal, and he should consider himself to be worthless.

I really do dispair at your uncompromising and harsh attitude.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 07:54 AM »

PseudoFed has made some comment about him taking that crowd with him always and that they were his paid staff. Whistle Fed has been around for a long time and is well a well oiled PR machine. Lots of people appear to have been sucked in by it all and then there's the enlightened few.

I have decided not to watch the recording of the match. It appears that Fed won playing his best tennis of the week, and does leave the top 2 seeds fighting it out for the final. You sometimes just have to say too good.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 08:01 AM »

I watched the match on the I-pad and could not make out who the crowd was cheering for at first. Then Andy's errors, whose number grew unfortunately, were applauded audibly. O.K. , I thought to myself, Federer is not just anyone and the ticket-holders are of course not only Andy fans. I was really irritated when his (broken) racket caused boos and it hurt a lot to read here on MW that his exit was also accompanied boos. What a shame! And he so relied on the home support. How did people in the O2 perceive the atmosphere? Was it so pro-Fed?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 08:23 AM »

Unimpressed when the crowd cheered Murray's double fault.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31 AM »

I really do dispair at your uncompromising and harsh attitude.

And where is your pseudo disgust at Nigel for having the temerity to suggest it's a bad idea?

As it turns out this is actually a planned part of the extended break, and therefore not a problem.  Never mind - but keep knee-jerking that hard and you'll end up knocking yourself out.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31 AM »

Oh doesn't that tell me the type of crowd they were. Even the Wimbledon crowd know not to applaud that. naughty
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #40 on: November 12, 2012, 08:36 AM »

Well,  Wimbledon tickets are usually only available to the rich and to members of tennis clubs.  The latter at least know about court etiquette.

The WTF is open to anyone.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #41 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37 AM »

Absolutely love Andy Murray, doesn't try to be something he's not, has a laugh at things that HE finds funny. Can't doubt he not the best we've had for a long time.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54 AM »

Well,  Wimbledon tickets are usually only available to the rich and to members of tennis clubs.  The latter at least know about court etiquette.

The WTF is open to anyone.

You made me think of some of the people watching Wimbledon, and they neither look rich nor someone that would be a member of a tennis club, but I understand where you're coming from.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56 AM »

Because of personal circumstances I didn't watch any of Andy's matches, including this one, and am really disappointed for him that he lost to SmugFed.  He's had a great year and one which has been pretty emotional for him, so why is he being pilloried for this loss?  Do you think he enjoyed losing after he said he hoped to end the year on a high?  We should be proud of his achievements and not let what was one "sub-standard" performance diminish that pride.

I also understand that he's about to have the problem with his back treated, so I'm all in favour of the holiday with Kim, I'm delighted that for once he's having a decent break before starting his training in Miami.

Roll on 2013!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57 AM »

Because of personal circumstances I didn't watch any of Andy's matches, including this one, and am really disappointed for him that he lost to SmugFed.  He's had a great year and one which has been pretty emotional for him, so why is he being pilloried for this loss?  Do you think he enjoyed losing after he said he hoped to end the year on a high?  We should be proud of his achievements and not let what was one "sub-standard" performance diminish that pride.

As for the holiday with Kim, I'm delighted that for once he's having a decent break before starting his training in Miami.  Roll on 2013!

wave hug

Just over 10 weeks for me, we worked out today cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »