Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 12369 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #105 on: November 12, 2012, 02:37 PM »

haha  Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #106 on: November 12, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Thanks for the further welcome to the tartan Aileen - I knew my penchant for whisky would come in hand one day but I'll keep mine a single Scotch [unless the other is Andy]  Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #107 on: November 12, 2012, 02:40 PM »

Hands off!  There'a queue and I'll pull seniority over you.  You know what they say - the older the fiddle ...  wink  Very Happy
IP Logged
annie
andy murray « Reply #108 on: November 12, 2012, 02:52 PM »

Andy meeting up with lendl in miami for his training block after holiday, and hopefully have another great year in 13. Anne.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #109 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Thanks for the encouraging info Annie.  We're hoping for another great year for Andy too. Smile
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #110 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43 PM »

Murray has been complacent and lacked fire since the USO. I also hear he's going on holiday with Kim rather than doing a training block in the off-season. Not liking it.

I heard he was taking ollie Golding to Miami to do the training block with him as the start of his contribution to the legacy. Kim works doesn't she so 7 weeks off seems unlikely.  And anyway he's far to professional for that. 
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #111 on: November 12, 2012, 03:47 PM »

...like it or not, Federer spent ages with the fans after his matches.  Murray should get some lessons from fellow British icons Beckham, McIlroy and others who are so adored by their fellow Brits.

Yeah, Fed spent ages on court signing stuff, but probably only to look good on TV.  He had a habit of rushing past his fans in the fanzone (when he wasn't being filmed).  As for Beckham, let's not forget there was a time when he was the most hated man in England.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #112 on: November 12, 2012, 03:54 PM »

Lendl is playing the tournie at the Albert hall. Would love to see andy coaching him with that stern non expression.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #113 on: November 12, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Lendl is playing the tournie at the Albert hall. Would love to see andy coaching him with that stern non expression.

Oh now, that would be hilarious!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #114 on: November 12, 2012, 04:07 PM »

cannot remember feeling so angry with fans as i was watching the 02,some one should tell Rogers fans this is not s blood sport,they are not Romans (although they acted like it) they are tennis players not gladiators.
We have had a wonderful year watching Andy and he will learn from this and come back stronger
Hope he gets a wonderful rest and has some fun with Kim and the dogs.I am looking forward to next year.
Bye the way I hope Novacks fans are in good voice.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #115 on: November 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Mike Dickson and 'Basle-on-Thames':

Murray’s performance and behaviour since Wimbledon have been impeccable and sometimes you wonder if British sports followers deserve him.

So true.  Maybe if tennis was more popular in this country, we'd get a larger share of Brits into the O2 for these matches.  I wonder if some of the Wimbledon brigade look down on this tournament.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #116 on: November 12, 2012, 04:11 PM »

Of course you can Jan.  The more the merrier! hug

And me.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #117 on: November 12, 2012, 04:17 PM »

Neil Harman's article today is entitled 'The Night Basle Came to London'. I don't pay for The Times. Can anyone post it on here?

I suspect it's in response to many criticisms of him on Twitter of being a rampant Federer fan.

Times did not mention the crowd. Article about the match and one headed enjoy fed while you can which was not quite what the headline portrayed.  Bit disappointed with harman wish now I had bought the mail
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #118 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29 PM »

EVeryone on this forum really hates Roger Federer!!!!!
Yes thats why it's called Murrays world.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #119 on: November 12, 2012, 04:31 PM »

The behaviour of the Fed fans last night was awful, but I think we should remember they are made up of Scots, English, Welsh , Irish. I cried when I heard them. I'm a proud Welsh woman, but I was not proud to be British when Andy has to put up with what went on last night. Those of you who are Scots please remember there were Scots rooting for Fed. I really don't think Andy's problem is being a Scot but these stupid people just want to be part of the Fed bandwagon of 17 GS's etc. Andy knows that he has many fans and we have to keep showing what a great person Andy is and what a great player he is. He will I'm sure come out firing on all cylinders in Jan and will win many tournaments next year including Aussie Open and Wimbledon. One good thing to come out of last night is that the reporters who were there were shocked by what went on and have written about it. This will hopefully affect those who read it and some Fed fans will be ashamed.
I hope Nole whacks Fed tonight and wins. I couldn't bear if Fed wins, and I'm looking forward to Andy getting the better of him next year every time they meet. I think Andy's loss was a combination of a number of things, crowd, fatigue mental and physical to name some of them. Lendl will help him and he'll come back all the stronger.  I have many Scots friends but I don't want to be an honoury Scot just proud to be a Celt.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »