Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 10738 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Detest is more the word that I would use.  I can admire his ability and the often beautiful free flowing tennis he plays but as a person he is an arrogant, self centred, conceited man.  People say he should retire when he is at the top of the game, I don't think he will as he feels it is his god given divine right to be at the front of all things tennis.

If he does retire they are going to have to put a lot of those support telephone lines in place for the Fedtards who will feel their lives are over!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #136 on: November 12, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Ladies, you make me smile Very Happy

I won't see that smug smile of Fed's after the match on Sunday but I well remember how Andy put his nose out of joint at the Olympics this year and in Shanghai. Very Happy

Go Nole!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #137 on: November 12, 2012, 08:09 PM »

I'm afraid it's more than 'don't like' for me Jan and Bev.  I detest him even though I can acknowledge the  beautiful tennis he has played over his career.  The smug smile on his face after beating Andy is more than I can bear to look at.
He's too wonderful to be true Ruthy - there's something false about him let's hope Novak knocks that smile off his face tonight.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #138 on: November 12, 2012, 10:34 PM »

.............  and he did - well done Nole!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #139 on: November 12, 2012, 10:46 PM »

THANK YOU NOVAK.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #140 on: November 13, 2012, 12:05 AM »

I'm afraid it's more than 'don't like' for me Jan and Bev.  I detest him even though I can acknowledge the  beautiful tennis he has played over his career.  The smug smile on his face after beating Andy is more than I can bear to look at.
My husband has been seriously worried about my response to Frauderer and his supporters (dont they just belong to one another!) I really detest him with every fibre and I have never even met him (nor do I wish to). Thank you Nole for tonight you 'gubbed' (a good scottish word Ruth) him, well done!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #141 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09 AM »

And we should do the same and put the nonsense of Sunday night behind us.

Btw a male friend who was watching the final with me, and who has only seen Fed play twice before, said to me half-way through the match that he just couldn't understand how Fed had any supporters at all because, as far as he was concerned, there was nothing in the least likeable about him!
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #142 on: November 13, 2012, 01:13 AM »

At the Paris Masters which Smugfed missed there was a huge poster with a pair of crying eyes and WE MISS YOU ROGER - WISH YOU WERE HERE I nearly baulked up my tea when I saw it on TV. What is actually wrong with these people? Seriously.  confused
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #143 on: November 13, 2012, 04:55 AM »

I was actually surprised that the finals scoreline was quite close.
I expected Nole to finish him off faster.
Should watch the match today...and boy, am I gonna enjoy it  devil
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #144 on: November 13, 2012, 08:44 AM »

Was at the Tsonga match when Andy played beautifully. yay Such a joy wub
Was also at Fed match and gotta say his fans are completely obnoxious. The lot in front of me stood up and cheered and waved their flags when Fed won a point.  shocking
Fortunately, I was in the middle of a small but very loud group of Andy fans, including, behind me, some lovely Norwegians carrying a Saltire.  wub
Yes, this was supposed to be a home  crowd and it was horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some deep level, Andy had felt B****r it!
That being said, his serve was poor and I think we all know that when his serve is off he is unlikely to beat the top players.
Can't wait for 2013.
Bring it on yahooo
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #145 on: November 13, 2012, 01:59 PM »

Detest is more the word that I would use.  I can admire his ability and the often beautiful free flowing tennis he plays but as a person he is an arrogant, self centred, conceited man.  People say he should retire when he is at the top of the game, I don't think he will as he feels it is his god given divine right to be at the front of all things tennis.

If he does retire they are going to have to put a lot of those support telephone lines in place for the Fedtards who will feel their lives are over!!

Don't misunderstand me, most people would say that Federer, at his best, was a beautiful tennis player. I can't stand the man, but I can see that.

As for the support when he retires, they'll have to set up a website for the emotionally inadequate cretins. I can see it now, www.vilebastard.com.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #146 on: November 13, 2012, 02:08 PM »

They'll say he was a beautiful tennis player and they'd be right. What annoys me, apart from his arrogance, is the GOAT argument. Had Djokovic or Nadal been five years older, they'd now have 17 slams.

Fed has won five slams since 2008 - the same as Nole and three fewer than Rafa. Only a fool would argue that the period from Sampras retiring to the talents of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray coming to fruition was not an exceptionally weak era.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #147 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17 PM »

They'll say he was a beautiful tennis player and they'd be right. What annoys me, apart from his arrogance, is the GOAT argument. Had Djokovic or Nadal been five years older, they'd now have 17 slams.

Fed has won five slams since 2008 - the same as Nole and three fewer than Rafa. Only a fool would argue that the period from Sampras retiring to the talents of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray coming to fruition was not an exceptionally weak era.

You could build the same case for Andy, quite easily. If he was five years older, and had won all the finals he lost in addition to several more AO's, USO's and Wimby's, how many could he have won by now, seriously? You could even suggest that he would be the one being called the GOAT, although, I can live without that to be honest. It is a ridiculous, meaningless title.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #148 on: November 13, 2012, 02:30 PM »

...but there are lots of green arrows for the negative comments. Has Murray gone back to default position of hate figure central with the British public?

I believe his support at the Olympics was temporary for the sake of the nation. At Wimbledon, he lost to Federer (3rd time overall), so it was okay for Federer fans to sympathize with Andy as long as Federer was the winner. All bets were off when it came to WTF.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #149 on: November 13, 2012, 02:59 PM »

From 2003 to 2007 - the weakest era of all time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »