Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 10184 times)
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #165 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Jdonald Disappointing WTF for Murray. I went for two days at the o2 and saw Andy,s match. Good but he could have won, the crowd were good. Against Fed it was disgusting, embrassing. One has to remember in our life time certaintly mine there will not be another Murray. He is No. 3 in the world this is a fantastic achievement why can we not appreciate his game and enjoy this whilst it lasts. I cannot see another Murray for years there is no one with such dedication to the game. I believe it is 200 and something another fellow British player.  Pleaaw let us all enjoy his achievement for now and going on to next year. Every player is different showing there emotion. I think lendl would have noticed this with Murray and help him to sort this area out for the coming year.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #166 on: November 13, 2012, 06:32 PM »

From 2003 to 2007 - the weakest era of all time.

Exactly, and stupid Fed had that time to make his career  grr
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #167 on: November 13, 2012, 06:34 PM »

I've removed his post and added his new IP to the ban.

Good work Mark.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #168 on: November 13, 2012, 06:47 PM »

There is something cultish about Fed's revolting fans. It's all become rather creepy.

I've never thought this way before, and I'm still not sure, but I almost feel like doing an Anyone But Fed page on facebook or something. Part of me feels that if I, or we, did something like that we would become as bad, but another part of me thinks Fed's fans have raised the stakes now. What I can't get over about Sunday was that it was so personal. As a result, I can't help feeling that if Fed's fans want a fight we should give it to them. Let's face it, they have led the anti-Murray chorus to a degree, because Andy has beaten Federer a number of times through his career. I wonder if maybe it is time we gave some of what they have dished out right back to them.

The one thing I have decided as a result of what happened on Sunday is that even given a chance I would not go to the O2 to see the WTF, especially if Andy played Federer there again. I know that sounds ridiculous, and I know that Andy was well supported until Sunday, but still. The O2 is just too far away for me to chance going and risk having my evening ruined by idiots.

I think the thing that has really shaken me, and forgive me, it sounds OTT, is that from watching on TV I honestly felt a sense that Andy might be unsafe on that court. I don't mean from anything Federer was doing either. It was really the sort of atmosphere where all it would have needed is someone to throw something and all hell would have broken loose. After the match I couldn't get rid of the feeling of wondering how on earth Andy could have defended himself if someone had decided to be stupid and throw something at him. He wouldn't have stood much of a chance. The only thing that brightened my thoughts was that in the event of that happening, Lendl would probably have thrown a complete fit. Nice man that Mr. L, but would you like to upset him?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #169 on: November 13, 2012, 07:05 PM »

There is something cultish about Fed's revolting fans. It's all become rather creepy.

I've never thought this way before, and I'm still not sure, but I almost feel like doing an Anyone But Fed page on facebook or something. Part of me feels that if I, or we, did something like that we would become as bad, but another part of me thinks Fed's fans have raised the stakes now. What I can't get over about Sunday was that it was so personal. As a result, I can't help feeling that if Fed's fans want a fight we should give it to them. Let's face it, they have led the anti-Murray chorus to a degree, because Andy has beaten Federer a number of times through his career. I wonder if maybe it is time we gave some of what they have dished out right back to them.

The one thing I have decided as a result of what happened on Sunday is that even given a chance I would not go to the O2 to see the WTF, especially if Andy played Federer there again. I know that sounds ridiculous, and I know that Andy was well supported until Sunday, but still. The O2 is just too far away for me to chance going and risk having my evening ruined by idiots.

I think the thing that has really shaken me, and forgive me, it sounds OTT, is that from watching on TV I honestly felt a sense that Andy might be unsafe on that court. I don't mean from anything Federer was doing either. It was really the sort of atmosphere where all it would have needed is someone to throw something and all hell would have broken loose. After the match I couldn't get rid of the feeling of wondering how on earth Andy could have defended himself if someone had decided to be stupid and throw something at him. He wouldn't have stood much of a chance. The only thing that brightened my thoughts was that in the event of that happening, Lendl would probably have thrown a complete fit. Nice man that Mr. L, but would you like to upset him?

Interesting TJ but I think the exact opposite.    What happened at the WTF makes me want to go there.    My first thought was that I would like it moved but it won't be, so my next thought was that I would like to be part of a group of Andy fans who would really make their presence felt.    I don't see why it could not be done - surely
some people from Dunblane would want to be part of it - we could pick you up on our way there.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #170 on: November 13, 2012, 07:14 PM »

What we need is the Stirling University guys to lead the cheering for Andy.  If they were there I'm sure even the most reticent, reserved Andy fans would be on their feet cheering.  Can't we orchestrate it for next year?

Oh and by the way, Andy and Sir Chris Hoy jointly won the Scottish SPOTY.  Congratulations to both of them!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #171 on: November 13, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Interesting TJ but I think the exact opposite.    What happened at the WTF makes me want to go there.    My first thought was that I would like it moved but it won't be, so my next thought was that I would like to be part of a group of Andy fans who would really make their presence felt.    I don't see why it could not be done - surely
some people from Dunblane would want to be part of it - we could pick you up on our way there.

The truth, in all honesty, is that because of my disability I'd feel vulnerable if something did kick off. I'm a bit more sensitive than I let on lol.

Being part of a group would be good though. I'd like that. I live in the Midlands though, in Worcester. A problem? You'd also need transport able to carry a wheelchair. I can't get in and out of my chair well on my own, although I can do it to sit in a car if I have to, but I need a bit of help. I can't stand or walk at all, so if we had to use a bus I'd need to be able to travel in my chair - they do do them with lifts for chairs -. I don't ask for much, do I LOL. You've made me think though, that is for sure. If you are serious, and we could get around my practical issues, I'd love to talk about it again.

What I would love to do in a group is Wimbledon or Queen's. The difficulties of getting there would still be there for me, but I guess where there is a will there is a way. Going with a group of like-minded people would be fun. I'd love to do one of the tournaments at least. I'd need someone to look after me a bit, due to my disability stuff, but I'm sure if I smiled nicely at one of you....you'd all run a mile......! No, I'm sure one of you would take me under their wing. Failing that, I could persuade a carer or something to come with me I'm sure.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #172 on: November 13, 2012, 07:24 PM »

What we need is the Stirling University guys to lead the cheering for Andy.  If they were there I'm sure even the most reticent, reserved Andy fans would be on their feet cheering.  Can't we orchestrate it for next year?

Oh and by the way, Andy and Sir Chris Hoy jointly won the Scottish SPOTY.  Congratulations to both of them!

Ohh,that is AWESOME!!!
Any more information about it??
[ Last edit by ZARFEEN15 November 13, 2012, 07:27 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #173 on: November 13, 2012, 07:27 PM »

What we need is the Stirling University guys to lead the cheering for Andy.  If they were there I'm sure even the most reticent, reserved Andy fans would be on their feet cheering.  Can't we orchestrate it for next year?

That would be fantastic. Something like that must be possible.

Well done to Andy and Sir Chris on winning the Scottish SPOTY. Both richly deserved.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #174 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Teejay:- I am sure if you were with friends you would be fine. I presume you have a wheelchair and arrangements can be made in advance. So if you want to go make arrangements in advance. My husband has to use a wheelchair and he has a mobility car and we get about fine. We went to Florida a few years ago and it was fine. It's just about planning ahead. I am sure you would manage with the help of friends.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #175 on: November 13, 2012, 07:32 PM »

What we need is the Stirling University guys to lead the cheering for Andy.  If they were there I'm sure even the most reticent, reserved Andy fans would be on their feet cheering.  Can't we orchestrate it for next year?

Oh and by the way, Andy and Sir Chris Hoy jointly won the Scottish SPOTY.  Congratulations to both of them!

Having spent the last DC tie sat next the students I would defo go for that, they are so so funny, they were worth the ticket money alone!!  Their chants are hilarious, my fav from the Belgium tie was "Your French and you know you are" or "Your only famous for your chocolate"

Their fancy dress outfits are prety damn good to.  Okay Alis this is your mission for next year!!!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #176 on: November 13, 2012, 07:36 PM »

The truth, in all honesty, is that because of my disability I'd feel vulnerable if something did kick off. I'm a bit more sensitive than I let on lol.

Being part of a group would be good though. I'd like that. I live in the Midlands though, in Worcester. A problem? You'd also need transport able to carry a wheelchair. I can't get in and out of my chair well on my own, although I can do it to sit in a car if I have to, but I need a bit of help. I can't stand or walk at all, so if we had to use a bus I'd need to be able to travel in my chair - they do do them with lifts for chairs -. I don't ask for much, do I LOL. You've made me think though, that is for sure. If you are serious, and we could get around my practical issues, I'd love to talk about it again.

What I would love to do in a group is Wimbledon or Queen's. The difficulties of getting there would still be there for me, but I guess where there is a will there is a way. Going with a group of like-minded people would be fun. I'd love to do one of the tournaments at least. I'd need someone to look after me a bit, due to my disability stuff, but I'm sure if I smiled nicely at one of you....you'd all run a mile......! No, I'm sure one of you would take me under their wing. Failing that, I could persuade a carer or something to come with me I'm sure.

Well there's plenty of time to work something out.    I'm sure it could be done and would be well worth doing.   
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #177 on: November 13, 2012, 07:40 PM »

Ohh,that is AWESOME!!!
Any more information about it??

Awards for Andy Murray and Maia Lumsden at Commonwealth Games Dinner

After an unparalleled year for British and Scottish sport, there was a lot to celebrate at the Commonwealth Games Awards Dinner in Glasgow at the weekend.

Such was the strength of the nominations this year that judges were unable to choose between Scotland's greatest Olympian Sir Chris Hoy and world number three Andy Murray in his first Grand Slam winning year.  Both were named as Scottish Sportsperson of the Year 2012 and jointly awarded the Emirates Lonsdale Trophy. Chris and Andy will both receive two Business Class flights to Dubai courtesy of Award sponsor Emirates - the Official Airline Partner of Glasgow 2014.

The dinner, organised by Commonwealth Games Scotland in partnership with Glasgow 2014 Ltd., looked back at the incredible success of the London 2012 Olympic Games and contemplated the excitement to come for Scotland over the next two years.

Murray was one of four Scottish athletes shortlisted for the top award of the evening.  He capped a fantastic year by winning his first Grand Slam event, the US Open in a pulsating match against world number one Novak Djokovic.  This followed a breakthrough gold medal win at the London 2012 Olympics, avenging a Wimbledon final loss to Roger Federer.  Partnering Laura Robson, Andy came close to winning two Olympic titles eventually losing in three sets in the mixed doubles final to claim silver.  The year started with reaching the final of the Australian Open and has finished with him being ranked a clear number three in the world going into the season ending ATP Masters finals, behind only Djokovic and Federer.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #178 on: November 13, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Well there's plenty of time to work something out.    I'm sure it could be done and would be well worth doing.   

Okay, that's encouraging then. As I said, I'd be happy to go in a group, and some of the issues I could sort out, i.e. needing to have a 'helper', that sort of thing, but if we could sort something out, as you rightly say, there is time, it would be great, and I am up for it. It would be good for me to be honest. I'm always saying I need to spice up my life a bit. That could be my chance.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #179 on: November 13, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Thanks a lot Alis Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »