Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 11591 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #195 on: November 14, 2012, 08:36 AM »

Some tweets showing Andy working with children on with Judy and the 4sport team on Monday. Parents tweeting and showing Andy with the children. Those Fed Fans should take a good look at these and ask themselves some serious questions about their behaviour.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #196 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03 PM »

Yes he was hurt and I bet angry too. He was within his rights to be so. That kind of behaviour should not be tolerated. I have said my piece for what it's worth.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #197 on: November 14, 2012, 02:35 PM »

This fear for Andy makes me wonder if that is why he was rushed off court.  It is not how he usually behaves on his way out.

To be honest I think Andy got off quickly because he'd lost. He did the same when he lost to Chardy in Cincy.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he was stung by all the jeering and stuff, maybe he decided that there was no point hanging around.

I didn't really mean to suggest that Andy was in danger on the court, but that the atmosphere there, that even came over through the TV, made it feel like he could have been unsafe if anything worse than booing and jeering had happened.

I'm still stunned that the comms on Sky didn't even talk about the booing Andy received, or the jeers when he was trying to serve at one point. I'm struggling to understand how they could overlook what was going on.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #198 on: November 14, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Yes teejay I do not understand either. It appears to me that they are gutless and did not want to aggravate the already hostile crowd. So much for even handedness.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #199 on: November 14, 2012, 03:52 PM »

May be easier said than done, but hope Andy can learn to ignore rubbish crowds and just play his tennis.  Something obviously you have to be able to do and in doing so, should think he’d earn the respect of most.  If not, well, not to worry.  Also, glad there was a mix there from other countries and not all English to blame.

Ruthie, your input was invaluable, having been on the spot.   God knows what the crowd would have done if he'd won but I think they’d have roared with praise, in genuine appreciation one would expect, and/or because they are a fickle lot when it comes down to it.  It was very interesting that you could not tell from where you were sitting that Andy was getting down on himself etc.  At home with the camera zooming in on him all the time, it seems almost unfair.  I’m glad there is no camera on me at times.

Andy, of course, can play against a hostile crowd. We've seen him doing it so many times in the past. He obviously didn’t expect to see a more pro Federer crowd and hostile at that here in London especially after what he has achieved this year. If this match were played in any other country, I don’t think Andy would have been least bothered. He made the mistake of having a higher expectation from the crowd this time around and some of us did too though rightfully so.

I now believe Andy will only get support at Wimbledon as far as home crowd is concerned, since that would add to the total Slam count and would be regarded as an achievement by the country as well.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #200 on: November 14, 2012, 04:03 PM »

To be honest I think Andy got off quickly because he'd lost. He did the same when he lost to Chardy in Cincy.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he was stung by all the jeering and stuff, maybe he decided that there was no point hanging around.

I didn't really mean to suggest that Andy was in danger on the court, but that the atmosphere there, that even came over through the TV, made it feel like he could have been unsafe if anything worse than booing and jeering had happened.

I'm still stunned that the comms on Sky didn't even talk about the booing Andy received, or the jeers when he was trying to serve at one point. I'm struggling to understand how they could overlook what was going on.

Annabel Croft did mention it briefly before the final on Monday TJ and said she found the whole thing rather 'strange' - she also mentioned that many fans had expressed their disquiet about it.  She did seem quite bemused by it.  Andrew Castle also mentioned it - I think the word he used was 'unseemly'.  Not a lot but something I suppose.   Certainly many of the sports reporters commented on it in their columns the next day evoking the usual anti-Andy rejoinders.
[ Last edit by Alis November 14, 2012, 04:07 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #201 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Annabel Croft did mention it briefly before the final on Monday TJ and said she found the whole thing rather 'strange' - she also mentioned that many fans had expressed their disquiet about it.  She did seem quite bemused by it.  Andrew Castle also mentioned it - I think the word he used was 'unseemly'.  Not a lot but something I suppose.   Certainly many of the sports reporters commented on it in their columns the next day evoking the usual anti-Andy rejoinders.

It was the comms during the match I was talking about to be honest. I still think it was weird that Petch and Fleming ignored it. I know I'm probably wrong, but I would have thought better of both of them. I must admit to being almost irrationally cross with Petch about it, not because he gets on well with Andy really, but because he tends to be so straightforward usually, and tells it like it is. He didn't that night, in any sense.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #202 on: November 14, 2012, 08:03 PM »

I agree with you TJ - I was also incensed on the night but it's over - I think we have to let it go.  I'm sure Andy has.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #203 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19 PM »

I agree with you TJ - I was also incensed on the night but it's over - I think we have to let it go.  I'm sure Andy has.

In the set4sport pics he looks as if he hasn't a care in the world.   Do you think he won't need us next year then?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #204 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Of course he needs us!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #205 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43 PM »

I'm re-posting Aileen's, mine & Craig's video here (Craig's is much better Smile ) in case some folks missed it on the video thread.

This is the day following his defeat. Looks pretty chillaxed and happy to me, and surely that's what we all want for him? To move on.

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #206 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06 AM »

Good interview, but I kind of wish his mother wasn't there, her face... just yuck!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #207 on: November 15, 2012, 01:09 AM »

I must admit I find Judy a turn-off too.  She looks kind of hard to me, and I don't like her voice either because she always sounds a bit patronising.

I'm re-posting Aileen's, mine & Craig's video here (Craig's is much better Smile ) in case some folks missed it on the video thread.

This is the day following his defeat. Looks pretty chillaxed and happy to me, and surely that's what we all want for him? To move on.
You know the saying Linda - "sticks and stones, etc ..."   Andy has only said he would like to have ended the year better but has qualified that remark by saying that he wouldn't want to swap anything for his Olympic medal and winning his maiden Slam.  Roll on 2013! yay

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #208 on: November 15, 2012, 02:08 AM »

Good interview, but I kind of wish his mother wasn't there, her face... just yuck!
naughty Proddy.

I must admit I find Judy a turn-off too.  She looks kind of hard to me, and I don't like her voice either because she always sounds a bit patronising.
I think Judy is hilarious, and clearly adores her boys. Her twitter account is very funny and down-to-earth. https://twitter.com/judmoo
Some people's personalities come across better in print than they do in person.
And Aileen, how could you not love Judy (and Will) for giving us Andy? hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #209 on: November 15, 2012, 02:19 AM »

So true, Linda. hug  Maybe I should start reading her tweets. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »