Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 12188 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #240 on: November 16, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Sounds like a troll to me.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #241 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50 AM »

I was sure Nadal had once been booed by a French crowd and a Google search came up with this interesting article -
http://www.thetennisspace.com/top-10-occasions-that-french-crowds-turned-nasty/
and on two of these occasions Andy has been the one who has incurred their wrath, in particular at the 2011 Monte Carlo Masters when he took full advantage of an injured Gilles Simon.

Thanks for this Aileen. Some of the instances mentioned in the article are really quite nasty, a bit shocking really.

The thing with Andy and Simon in Monte Carlo was daft. I mean, what did the crowd think Andy was going to do, make it easier for Simon, hit shots directly to him? Honestly lol.

I must admit I do think the best ever was the match with Gasquet and Andy at the French this year. It was so panto, you would honestly have thought it was Christmas lol. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever laughed so much during a match that was really supposed to be serious lol.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #242 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48 PM »

The Murray/Simon incident just sums up the French fans.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #243 on: November 16, 2012, 02:30 PM »

The Murray/Simon incident just sums up the French fans.
Well the french have hated us since Joan of ARC. Whistle
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #244 on: November 16, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Some stupid and disgusting woman tweeted that Andy was flying to Dubai with his ugly girlfriend Kim, and hoped she'd have liposuction while there, what is the matter with some people. She's probably jealous of Kim's looks,figure and talent. I do think that such tweets should be blocked as they are abusive.
In view of Lord McAlpine's intention to pursue all those who have made defamatory remarks about him on twitter and on other social media sites, with a view to suing them, I wonder if folk on here should be a lot more careful with their remarks.  Folk may think their identity is anonymous, but no doubt it can be traced.  An old adage says that if you can't find something nice to say about somebody, then don't say anything at all, especially if it's libellous!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #245 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14 PM »

In view of Lord McAlpine's intention to pursue all those who have made defamatory remarks about him on twitter and on other social media sites, with a view to suing them, I wonder if folk on here should be a lot more careful with their remarks.  Folk may think their identity is anonymous, but no doubt it can be traced.  An old adage says that if you can't find something nice to say about somebody, then don't say anything at all, especially if it's libellous!
Totally agree.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #246 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52 PM »

.....I don't know where else to post this, but I really do not like coming into the forum and having to look at the title Federer outclasses substandard Murray.  It may be true, as I did not see the match, but I still do not like it, I never look at Andy as being substandard. no
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #247 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Yeah, maybe we should bump up 'Janowicz humbles dreadful Murray' instead.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #248 on: November 16, 2012, 06:43 PM »

.....I don't know where else to post this, but I really do not like coming into the forum and having to look at the title Federer outclasses substandard Murray.  It may be true, as I did not see the match, but I still do not like it, I never look at Andy as being substandard. no
Well Apollo as one who is usually quick to criticise negative headlines [like the one Mark threatens to resurrect!] there is some truth in it in that Andy played below his own high standards and I was there to see it. That's how I interpreted it. What we need is a nice bit of positive news to replace this one!  I agree it would be sad if this is  what greeted people from now until the new season.  Perhaps there could be a new item about the Miami exhibition tournament [asssuming there's something positive to say] or about SPOTY [assuming Andy does well though I don't expect him to win] or his training block.  You get the gist....
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #249 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Or someone could write a really good review of 2012, the highs, the lows, the good, the bad, the indifferent, and the ruddy marvellous when Andy won the Olympics and the USO.

This year gas been quite a story. It would be nice if someone told it.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #250 on: November 16, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Can I volunteer  Very Happy    I'm already in the process of creating  Andy Murray 2012  on YT  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #251 on: November 17, 2012, 02:22 AM »

Can I volunteer  Very Happy    I'm already in the process of creating  Andy Murray 2012  on YT  Very Happy
Oh do, please!  Like everyone else I do not want to be looking at this thread or its negative headline on the main webpage from now until Abu Dhabi (27 - 29 December, folks!), and from a search of the Forum threads it would seem that the last time Andy played in this event, which was in 2009, it was shown on Sky Sports, so hopefully that will still be the case, with plenty of livestreams available for those of us who don't have Sky.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #252 on: November 17, 2012, 02:57 AM »

Sorry, but I disagree.  Do you seriously think that every single social website in the world is going to be investigated?  According to Search Engine Watch, as of April this year there were over 200 - and that's just the well-known ones (the list of which, incidentally, does not include MW) - and that globally there are an estimated 1.43 bn users?

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #253 on: November 17, 2012, 03:11 AM »

I don't remember Gasquet being booed in that match. That seems pretty unllike a Wimbledon crowd. I might have to watch the DVD again. Any excuse lol.

I do remember that shot of Andy's to take the third set. Unbelievable! I'll never forget his reaction too, not ever! I don't think the Pimm's brigade had ever seen anything like it from a Brit! It was a fantastic comeback that, even I thought he'd lost it that day.
I shouldn't be triple-posting, but here's a short video clip of the match with THAT shot at 1:15.  I just remember the excitement and added tension as it got darker and darker at SW19 whilst infuriatingly 400 miles north the sun was still shining!  I think though that most of the Pimm's brigade had gone home by the time the match started because I seem to recall that the real tennis fans were allowed to use their vacated seats.

IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #254 on: November 17, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Sorry, but I disagree.  Do you seriously think that every single social website in the world is going to be investigated?  According to Search Engine Watch, as of April this year there were over 200 - and that's just the well-known ones (the list of which, incidentally, does not include MW) - and that globally there are an estimated 1.43 bn users?

If you apply the theory of "six degrees of separation" it shrinks the world.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »