Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Federer outclasses substandard Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer outclasses substandard Murray

(Read 11372 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #270 on: November 17, 2012, 07:51 PM »

I said before the WTF that Andy hadn't proved himself indoors the way he has on outdoor hard and grass. Andy was playing Fed whose best surface is indoor hard so no real surprise he was horsed. Reaching the semis was a good result for our Andrew. Can't wait for the Aussie Open which is Andy's best tournament IMO.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #271 on: November 17, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Murray v Federer. Passion v complacency. Sporting v unsporting. Rugged v effeminate. Honest v bullsh*t. Humble v conceit. Swear v snarl. The only mystery is why so many can't see it.

Because the world lives on mediocrity. Buffy the Vampire is literally our life. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #272 on: November 17, 2012, 07:58 PM »

I said before the WTF that Andy hadn't proved himself indoors the way he has on outdoor hard and grass. Andy was playing Fed whose best surface is indoor hard so no real surprise he was horsed. Reaching the semis was a good result for our Andrew. Can't wait for the Aussie Open which is Andy's best tournament IMO.

If I remember correctly you also said Andy would never win a Slam and here we are. Let's start owning everything you've said so far. You will surprise yourself.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #273 on: November 17, 2012, 08:15 PM »

If I remember correctly you also said Andy would never win a Slam and here we are. Let's start owning everything you've said so far. You will surprise yourself.

Absolutely correct and I was over the moon to be proved wrong
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #274 on: November 17, 2012, 09:15 PM »

Absolutely correct and I was over the moon to be proved wrong

Andy is not out there to prove you wrong. If that were the case, we would be living in a very vindictive world. In any case, you should know that indoors are now playing at the same level as outdoors; that is speed-wise, so what you said earlier on, doesn't really go with what it actually is.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #275 on: November 17, 2012, 09:55 PM »

I wish there was a "filter poster" button on this website  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #276 on: November 17, 2012, 10:42 PM »

Yeah, that would work for me too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #277 on: November 17, 2012, 11:38 PM »

Aileen, the thing is though, it strikes me that Andy is ready to be pushed, and wants to be. Soon after winning the USO he was talking about the future, the possibilities opening up for him, and he knows the hard work he will need to do to get there.

I took what Lendl was saying as its all about making improvements and refinements to the game Andy already has. I think it was purely the headline that mentioned 'change' because Lendl didn't.

Apart from becoming more aggressive, more attack minded, I'm not sure Andy's game has changed a huge amount since Lendl came on board. However, I can see improvements, Andy's forehand, his second serve, the way he is stepping in and taking the ball on, his ball striking being so much harder. I think it is developments like that that Lendl is looking for with Andy.

If Andy does improve over time in the way Lendl suggests he can, he will be one scary prospect for opponents. Can anyone else hear Tsonga tearing his hair out?
Thanks for the reassurance TJ.  I'd also like Andy to develop more of a killer instinct when it comes to closing out matches, something he often seems to have problems with these days, and to improve his level of consistency in all tournaments whether they be 250s or GSs.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #278 on: November 30, 2012, 06:23 AM »

It would be really nice NOT to be greeted by this headline every time we log onto this site. Rolling Eyes
Any chance?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #279 on: November 30, 2012, 11:41 AM »

True BBH that should have gone long ago. How about Murray Thrashes Mr Smug to win Olympic GOLD
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #280 on: November 30, 2012, 12:29 PM »

It would be really nice NOT to be greeted by this headline every time we log onto this site. Rolling Eyes
Any chance?
This is how a news driven home page works and how it should work.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #281 on: November 30, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Well,maybe we'll have a nice headline after the Miami Cup this weekend! Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #282 on: November 30, 2012, 04:18 PM »

Well,maybe we'll have a nice headline after the Miami Cup this weekend! Very Happy

Waiting for it!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #283 on: December 01, 2012, 03:03 AM »

This is how a news driven home page works and how it should work.
But you told me by PM you were going to change it to something which celebrates Andy successes this year ...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer outclasses substandard Murray « Reply #284 on: December 01, 2012, 03:10 AM »

But you told me by PM you were going to change it to something which celebrates Andy successes this year ...
You made that suggestion and all I said was that you didn't need to worry about it being the top story for much longer.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »