Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Golden Murray demolishes Federer  (Read 6869 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #105 on: August 06, 2012, 01:36 AM »

Mark, I like the gold medal in the banner.
Just so pleasing to see.
Could you move it a bit closer to Andy, if that's possible, otherwise it's not very obvious? #justasuggestion
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #106 on: August 06, 2012, 02:04 AM »

For those people who were wondering earlier in the week about Timmy and Andy's friendship:-

Tim Henman's BBC interview with Sue Barker is interrupted by Andy Murray who taps him on the shoulder and gives him a big hug. I have never seen Murray smiling like this before. He is simply overjoyed.

tender

Needless to say that despite being absolutely shattered, I didn't get much sleep after Andy's win and getting up for work.

Andy and Laura, you did the country proud today. Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #107 on: August 06, 2012, 02:06 AM »

How good did it sound when they announced Gold Medal winner and Olympic Champion Andy Murray! clap

IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #108 on: August 06, 2012, 02:39 AM »

Just remembered the smug Swiss fans holding out a banner which said " the gold medal is already yours, this is just a formality"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tee Heee
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #109 on: August 06, 2012, 04:30 AM »

I've just watched a replay of the final point in the match and the scenes that followed, as well as the medal ceremony.  I felt proud and happy for Andy first time round but it was all a bit of a teary blur.  Now I've had time to savour it properly I feel even prouder and happier than before.  A moment like this has been a long time coming but that's made it all the sweeter.
Andy - you throughly deserve it for all your hard work and dedication and for never giving up despite all the heart-break and setbacks along the way. yay
IP Logged
Ellen Potts
Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #110 on: August 06, 2012, 05:10 AM »

Very well done Andy.  That will shut the critics up.  Super doubles matches.   Theres no stopping you now.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #111 on: August 06, 2012, 06:50 AM »

Not sure. It's a new powerhouse style of play that he's bringing against everyone. It used to be just Nadal. I think he's finally twigged that he needs to force the action.

For all of us who remember him bunting mid-court floaters back at Gonzo in the French Open and getting thunderbolts rammed down his throat, this is truly a golden day.

Surprisingly enough I remember that too. Whistle
And some of the stuff on Youtube is frankly embarrassing...
I put it down to all those formative years on clay.

Is there a link for the Henman hug? Cheers.
[ Last edit by blueberryhill August 06, 2012, 07:48 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #112 on: August 06, 2012, 07:59 AM »

I'd see the item on beebs livetext but this is all I could find on internet - photos only Very Happy

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #113 on: August 06, 2012, 08:08 AM »

As I wise Scot once.. said  I'm gonna get hammered  Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #114 on: August 06, 2012, 08:19 AM »

And still some silly sports reporter has the audacity to throw cold water onto Andys victory. Read Dan Hodges article in the Telegraph:

'Andy Murray hasn't quite won Wimbledon, but now he knows Roger Federer is mortal'.
It's in stark contrast to their front page.  I commented Hodges article and gave my candid opioion of it: go fill shelves at Tesco!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #115 on: August 06, 2012, 08:28 AM »

Just caught a little Andy interiew just now on Sky Sports News (Jacquie Beltrao) Maybe they'll show it again.  Smile
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #116 on: August 06, 2012, 08:55 AM »

Andy  is the best player in the world right now.  that's right bitches.  WOOOO
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #117 on: August 06, 2012, 09:14 AM »

Could you move it a bit closer to Andy, if that's possible, otherwise it's not very obvious? #justasuggestion
Achievements to the right. That's the first of many that will start to fill up the banner from right to left. Looking forward to putting on those Grand Slam trophies.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #118 on: August 06, 2012, 09:25 AM »

Pssst.....Sky News (International TV) just announced they will have an interview with Andy shortly. About his plans for the future.

Chris Scudder.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #119 on: August 06, 2012, 09:27 AM »

Achievements to the right. That's the first of many that will start to fill up the banner from right to left. Looking forward to putting on those Grand Slam trophies.

Could you add a Silver Medal please.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply