Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Golden Murray demolishes Federer

(Read 6989 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #180 on: August 07, 2012, 12:46 PM »

Also I've noticed that AK400 has been banned again.
Can anyone tell me why?
 devil

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #181 on: August 07, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Can anyone tell me why?
 devil

Why do you wanna know? Do you miss him?
[ Last edit by Emma Jean August 07, 2012, 01:44 PM ] IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #182 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43 PM »

groan i knew you would pitch in like this
lol, No i want to know as it appears he is quite supported here for some reason.
If you know perhaps you could tell me?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #183 on: August 07, 2012, 01:48 PM »

He was being obnoxious this Sunday morning despite being told the night before not to stir or troll but that morning, he did all that and some more.

Would you like a link to that incident, kind sir?
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #184 on: August 07, 2012, 01:52 PM »

No thanks EJ,
Hope it is permanent this time.
I can't believe some of the people here think his particpation in Murraysworld is anything other than what it is, ie an exercise in pure unadulterated narcissism.
It seems some people really were born yesterday.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #185 on: August 07, 2012, 01:54 PM »

Can anyone tell me why?
 devil

Flying a large swiss flag on the match thread, a bit before the match started I think, was the step too far
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #186 on: August 07, 2012, 01:56 PM »

We're a tolerant bunch here, well most of us are, but you have to draw the line somewhere. And when its obvious you're being taken for a ride its time to put the brakes on.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #187 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58 PM »

It's a permanent one, yes. The timing was right because if you read that particular thread, there were already a couple of fights going on between Murray fans on that very day, so we didn't need anyone else to contribute some more fire to that.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #188 on: August 07, 2012, 02:09 PM »

oh ak400 see ya!

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #189 on: August 07, 2012, 02:14 PM »

oh ak400 see ya!

I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to him either. 
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #190 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16 PM »

OH NO EJ!

oh oh oh

IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #191 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18 PM »

oh ak400 see ya!

. Good riddens to bad rubbish.  devil
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #192 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18 PM »

I loved Andy's reaction to winning the Olympic Gold. It looked to me like he couldn't quite take it in at first. I loved the way he instinctively went to be with all of the team. They really do see everything, the ups and downs, the wins, the losses, and they have the job of putting him back together, helping him be the best he can be. I'd like to think Lendl was watching somewhere, because although he couldn't honestly take much satisfaction out of a GB Gold in itself, I'd love to think he would take satisfaction from the way Andy played, both in the semi and the final. Rarely, if ever before, have I seen Andy play in such a way that responded so beautifully to any inkling of threat. It was like he went out there and made it quite clear that he was winning and no one was going to take it away from him, no one. Look at all the break point chances Federer had in the final. Andy could have caved, could have gone in to his shell and reverted to defensive play, which is what Federer might have expected. Instead, with his game, Andy seemed to say, 'You can get off, this is MINE', and he came through. It was awesome, absolutely breathtaking. It chokes me up to think of it.

I agree teejay, it was amazing watching Andy play with so much self-belief. He won the match against Federer - Federer didn't give it to him. No matter how tired Federer might have been feeling after his semi-final, if Andy had given him any chance to get back into the match, he'd have taken it. After all, Federer actually started the match really well and if Andy had played passively then the result would have been different. It was the same in the semi-final against Novak - Andy was so mentally tough in the important moments and believed in his game.

It really does feel like Andy's taken a huge step forward over the last month. Wimbledon itself was very important, as Andy faced and dealt with many tough moments in his matches and played with confidence throughout. Then the Wimbledon final, where he played his most confident slam final yet, and more importantly used a more aggressive gameplan than before. His reaction to losing in a slam final has been his best yet - he's used the disappointment as motivation and to win the Olympics shows just how far he's come. Hopefully he's now ready to take the next step and win his first slam. Smile
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #193 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54 PM »

If anyone has a video of the medal ceramony and could post it i would be so grateful.NBC cut us off before we could see it ,they promised to show it later but despite my waiting it was a "no show."Thank you  so much.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #194 on: August 07, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Probably in the wrong place but can someone explain why Andy's ranking points are showing as 8120 when I make 7460 + 750= 8210?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »