Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Golden Murray demolishes Federer

(Read 7517 times)
KitKat
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #195 on: August 07, 2012, 03:23 PM »

I've noticed a few times people mentioning Federer's very long semi final and even the man himself saying he was a bit tired, drained, he had a day off which was more than Andy had, 2 quite long matches the day before the final, so surely if anyone was entitled to be tired it was Andy, I think Andy was just floating on a cloud the day of the final and didn't want to come down  w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #196 on: August 07, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Well to be fair to smugfed [we can afford to be magnanimous now!] I think the SF was much more draining than Andy's 2 dubs sessions, which really were more like practice sessions. And Peter Fleming said yesterday it probably helped Andy to be playing them on Saturday as it gave him something to focus on rather thanbrood on  the gold medal match.  That said smugfed had a much easier draw than Andy indeed it looked like a cakewalk a week ago.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #197 on: August 07, 2012, 03:51 PM »

I noticed that as well it should  be 8210. Perhaps they have it typed in correctly, surely his team Murray will notice this.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #198 on: August 07, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Despite the attempts of the powers that be
Roger did have a draining semi final.
Kind of like the way most of Federers opponents have had & feel by the time they get to him, particularly Andy.
Now he knows how it feels.
It was nice to have a change but  Roger was often rubbish against Del Potro so it was his own fault.
Andy quickly flattened Novak so he did everything correctly.
I think Roger should consider retiring if one long match out of 7 is enough to stop him playing his best.
Especially after having a full days rest.
No doubt things will be easy again for him at the US Open,
as they were last year however so i doubt it will happen.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #199 on: August 07, 2012, 04:37 PM »

Just heard Peter Fleming talking about how sensationally Andy played in both SF and F.  It was an interesting discussion provoked by Andy saying he would go into USO with greater belief in himself - the inferrence being as Marcus Buckland pointed out, that he hadn't had that belief fully.  Fleming thought this was because since age 10 he's played his defensive game and more recently realised this wasn't going to beat the top players and everyone has told him to play more aggressively and he hates it and had wondered whether he can play more aggressively hence going into GS finals without full self belief.  But by playing so aggressively and well against Nole and smugfed he should have that belief now. Anyway that's a precis of the conversation.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #200 on: August 07, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Just heard Peter Fleming talking about how sensationally Andy played in both SF and F.  It was an interesting discussion provoked by Andy saying he would go into USO with greater belief in himself - the inferrence being as Marcus Buckland pointed out, that he hadn't had that belief fully.  Fleming thought this was because since age 10 he's played his defensive game and more recently realised this wasn't going to beat the top players and everyone has told him to play more aggressively and he hates it and had wondered whether he can play more aggressively hence going into GS finals without full self belief.  But by playing so aggressively and well against Nole and smugfed he should have that belief now. Anyway that's a precis of the conversation.

He might hate that everyone has said this but it is clear that everyone was 100% correct.
Anyway its the way that Andy can mix it up that is so much fun to watch and now with the massive improvements in serve, mostly, and the forehand used as an offensive weapon it must surely be time.
The olympics might just have been Andy's davis cup moment.
Who cares now if he didnt turn up for the LA 250 or tanks Canada, sorry EJ, a valuable lesson has been learned & consolidated.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme August 07, 2012, 04:56 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #201 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15 PM »

He might hate that everyone has said this but it is clear that everyone was 100% correct.
Anyway its the way that Andy can mix it up that is so much fun to watch and now with the massive improvements in serve, mostly, and the forehand used as an offensive weapon it must surely be time.
The olympics might just have been Andy's davis cup moment.
Who cares now if he didnt turn up for the LA 250 or tanks Canada, sorry EJ, a valuable lesson has been learned & consolidated.

Well, if he tanks Toronto then I am going to USO but not this year. Raonic is playing Troicki tonight so will keep an eye on that. If Andy were to tank, then I suggest he tanks the very first match and then leave for Cincy. But keep in mind, Andy would rather go for Toronto this year than Cincy, so I kind of see him playing at least a few matches here; that is though, if he gets past Raonic.  Not sure if he's up for another competitive match so soon.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #202 on: August 07, 2012, 05:19 PM »

I noticed that as well it should  be 8210. Perhaps they have it typed in correctly, surely his team Murray will notice this.

I am confused as well. According to the live ATP ranking site he has got 8690 points today, and could overtake Nadal if he won it.  However the ATP site has him at 8120 today. Anyone got an explanation?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #203 on: August 07, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Despite the attempts of the powers that be
Roger did have a draining semi final.
Kind of like the way most of Federers opponents have had & feel by the time they get to him, particularly Andy.
Now he knows how it feels.It was nice to have a change but  Roger was often rubbish against Del Potro so it was his own fault.
Andy quickly flattened Novak so he did everything correctly.
I think Roger should consider retiring if one long match out of 7 is enough to stop him playing his best.
Especially after having a full days rest.
No doubt things will be easy again for him at the US Open,
as they were last year however so i doubt it will happen.

Didn't he laugh for 10  minutes after Nadal was blown off the court by Rosol just a few weeks ago? At least Nadal kept the score a bit more decent than this and he was coming off beating Nole at RG final two weeks prior. But Federer has played most matches this year and that might just be a bit much for a 31 year old. In any case, Andy was going to blow him off the court this time either way roof or no roof. Only Fedtards like Ak400, Elly were over confident.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #204 on: August 07, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Well, if he tanks Toronto then I am going to USO but not this year. Raonic is playing Troicki tonight so will keep an eye on that. If Andy were to tank, then I suggest he tanks the very first match and then leave for Cincy. But keep in mind, Andy would rather go for Toronto this year than Cincy, so I kind of see him playing at least a few matches here; that is though, if he gets past Raonic.  Not sure if he's up for another competitive match so soon.

Judging by the brutality of the weather in Cincinatti at this time of year, he's probably better playing a few matches & then tanking both & less at Cincy.
Winning either of these tournaments is kind of meaningless until he gets a slam under his belt, he must not wear himself out as he has done in the past on the US Open series prior to the US Open. There are bigger fish to fry and he has the momentum.
I actually think he's gone there to meet up with Ivan again & get another training bloc started.
Surely one of the smartest moves he has made in his career getting him on board.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #205 on: August 07, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Judging by the brutality of the weather in Cincinatti at this time of year, he's probably better playing a few matches & then tanking both & less at Cincy.
Winning either of these tournaments is kind of meaningless until he gets a slam under his belt, he must not wear himself out as he has done in the past on the US Open series prior to the US Open. There are bigger fish to fry and he has the momentum.
I actually think he's gone there to meet up with Ivan again & get another training bloc started.
Surely one of the smartest moves he has made in his career getting him on board.

Totonto's weather this week is absolutely beautiful. If he makes it to 3rd then I am going to see it live. I've made some very tentative plans. I believe he's meeting with Lendl here in Toronto as Lendl won't be there in Cincy and will go to NY from here.

Lendl and Andy are simply made for each other. Andy is probably in Toronto right now. Good Lord! Want to see him so up close and if possible give him a big hug but in public though. 
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #206 on: August 07, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Totonto's weather this week is absolutely beautiful. If he makes it to 3rd then I am going to see it live. I've made some very tentative plans. I believe he's meeting with Lendl here in Toronto as Lendl won't be there in Cincy and will go to NY from here.

Lendl and Andy are simply made for each other. Andy is probably in Toronto right now. Good Lord! Want to see him so up close and if possible give him a big hug but in public though. 

By "absolutely beautiful" I gather you mean just right not searing?
London's is absolutely dreadful btw.
Again Cincy is unbearable & that must be tiring.
Yeah he might compete fully in Toronto and tank Cincy, or at least i hope he does.
Looks like you might get to meet him then.
lol careful, they have security in place if you look a bit disturbed you know  bolt
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #207 on: August 07, 2012, 05:47 PM »

By "absolutely beautiful" I gather you mean just right not searing?
London's is absolutely dreadful btw.
Again Cincy is unbearable & that must be tiring.
Yeah he might compete fully in Toronto and tank Cincy, or at least i hope he does.
Looks like you might get to meet him then.
lol careful, they have security in place if you look a bit disturbed you know  bolt

If Henry can get a hug, why can't I, hmm? I, in fact, wanted to go to the airport today and welcome him. lololol.

Anyway, yes, not searing at all. Scot can vouch for me. The temps are lurking in between 26-30 with some nice wind to keep things a bit on the cool side. Not at all muggy. Though I must admit I am in downtown and by the lake, so it's always very nice here but North York can't be so bad.

But let's see how things pan out first. If I go then will definitely take some pictures and post them here.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #208 on: August 07, 2012, 05:55 PM »

If Henry can get a hug, why can't I, hmm? I, in fact, wanted to go to the airport today and welcome him. lololol.
Anyway, yes, not searing at all. Scot can vouch for me. The temps are lurking in between 26-30 with some nice wind to keep things a bit on the cool side. Not at all muggy. Though I must admit I am in downtown and by the lake, so it's always very nice here but North York can't be so bad.

But let's see how things pan out first. If I go then will definitely take some pictures and post them here.

lol
I know who does he think he is?
Little midget man cuddle stealer,
You go EJ, its time he met one of his number one fans anyway.
Henry probably still wets his pants.
Sounds nice the weather over there its been raining here on and off for 2 months, i kid you not.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #209 on: August 07, 2012, 06:05 PM »

lol
I know who does he think he is?
Little midget man cuddle stealer,
You go EJ, its time he met one of his number one fans anyway.
Henry probably still wets his pants.
Sounds nice the weather over there its been raining here on and off for 2 months, i kid you not.

The kids can get away with anything, really. So unfair.

Anyway, terrible about London's weather but is it anything new though? We do get similar weather in Vancouver but perhaps not as bad? Sorry dear. Wish you'd get something a bit better than this. Or just move some place better if you can, really.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »