Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Golden Murray demolishes Federer

(Read 7414 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #210 on: August 07, 2012, 06:09 PM »

The kids can get away with anything, really. So unfair.

Anyway, terrible about London's weather but is it anything new though? We do get similar weather in Vancouver but perhaps not as bad? Sorry dear. Wish you'd get something a bit better than this. Or just move some place better if you can, really.

lol thanks. I can and I will, very soon.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #211 on: August 07, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Not in summer. Well, not this dreary for this long in summer. 16 degress today in August. FFS.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #212 on: August 07, 2012, 06:47 PM »

ah we can't begrudge Henry his cuddle - thought it was such a lovely moment. 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #213 on: August 07, 2012, 07:19 PM »

I am confused as well. According to the live ATP ranking site he has got 8690 points today, and could overtake Nadal if he won it.  However the ATP site has him at 8120 today. Anyone got an explanation?
That's very weird - the live ATP ranking site seems to be a bit confused this week. I think it must be a mistake, and the official ATP is right.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #214 on: August 07, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Just heard Peter Fleming talking about how sensationally Andy played in both SF and F.  It was an interesting discussion provoked by Andy saying he would go into USO with greater belief in himself - the inferrence being as Marcus Buckland pointed out, that he hadn't had that belief fully.  Fleming thought this was because since age 10 he's played his defensive game and more recently realised this wasn't going to beat the top players and everyone has told him to play more aggressively and he hates it and had wondered whether he can play more aggressively hence going into GS finals without full self belief.  But by playing so aggressively and well against Nole and smugfed he should have that belief now. Anyway that's a precis of the conversation.
jump I agree  Ruthie , really feel its a spring board for great things now.  yay
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #215 on: August 07, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Loved the pasting Andy gave Sugfed on Suday! Even though I watched it live, I also recorded it and have watched it twice. So looking forward the my stamps of Andy arriving!!! Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #216 on: August 08, 2012, 11:53 AM »

Hi All,

Is it wrong to say that I went on to the BBC's website three times last night just to watch the last game of the Olympic final?I could honestly watch Andy serving that match out all day, it was stunning.

I have to say I loved the commentary as well. Has Tim Henman ever sounded so excited? I loved the way he was almost guiding Andy through the serve, it was hilarious! Andrew Castle sounded like he couldn't breathe! I wondered at times if they both had their eyes closed, I know I did!

It still feels a bit unreal to me, what Andy did. I knew he could, he'd played so well going in to the final, it was clear he had a great chance. It was the emphatic way he did it that gets me though. It makes me feel choked literally every time I think of it. Federer's worst ever defeat on Centre Court and it was our Andy who inflicted it yay.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #217 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56 AM »

Hi All,

Is it wrong to say that I went on to the BBC's website three times last night just to watch the last game of the Olympic final?I could honestly watch Andy serving that match out all day, it was stunning.

I have to say I loved the commentary as well. Has Tim Henman ever sounded so excited? I loved the way he was almost guiding Andy through the serve, it was hilarious! Andrew Castle sounded like he couldn't breathe! I wondered at times if they both had their eyes closed, I know I did!

It still feels a bit unreal to me, what Andy did. I knew he could, he'd played so well going in to the final, it was clear he had a great chance. It was the emphatic way he did it that gets me though. It makes me feel choked literally every time I think of it. Federer's worst ever defeat on Centre Court and it was our Andy who inflicted it yay.

I loved Tim's 'woohoo' when Andy won! Yes I think both he and Andrew Castle were nervous that day, willing him to put big serves in. It was so impressive how he served the match out - confident, self-assured and firing down aces. Brilliant. Smile
IP Logged
Blanche eve
Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #218 on: August 08, 2012, 12:06 PM »

:cmon:Aha we are all proud of u! Andy you absolutely made the history!you really played a wonderful match! Quite different from the preformance of the wimbledon open.just keep doing so! We are all looking forward to seeing ur first grand slam!!
IP Logged
Naomi_Parker

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #219 on: August 08, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Well done Andy. great match. I and all MW members are really proud of your achievements today, even though you did not win the mix doubles final, you got the one that mattered. On another note Roger really showed his true colours at the end of the match. Storming of with a face like thunder. He did not even acknowledge the waiting crowd by the exit or in the arena itself, i guess this loss is really a bitter pill to swallow, this is the one he really wanted. he may never be crowned Tennis singles Olympic champion. He'll be going on 36 by the time Rio rolls around.

With that in mind i believe Roger was very nervous, and when our Andy did not buckle under the pressure He was being put under (from Roger), and excerted his own relentless pressure on Rogers own game, this just compounded the fear in Roger more so. Going two sets to love down i think was the final nail in Rogers arsenal so to speak. Next stop US Open. Bring it on!! yay yay cmon yeah

My assessment too *smile*... I always knew if Andy turned around the... pardon the pun... 'psychological advantage' the three 'THOUGHT' they had... he would have it in the bag... reverse psychology and all that. 

I was chatting to my sister at the end of the match and she thinks Mr Fed a gentleman...well she did until he made some reference to sympathy for Andy which she thought was completely unnecessary...I did warn her. 

What made me think Mr Fed might buckle...and why he prob looked nervous...was because the crowd were not so much on his side (might have been at Wimbledon but not the same crowd) home fans and all that... which makes me wonder how much of his play is 'ego' and how much is skill... certainly answers the question why Mr Nadal wasn't there either...they can't cope without their following! 

Yet do you know what is really intriguing about Andy?  Andy is the one who has endured all the bad press and negative comments.

Andy has a bad back, stops play for treatment, goes on to win... he's putting it on and a drama queen (I think sometimes he did too, to wind up those who said it!)

Fed has a bad back, stops play for treatment, goes on to win... he's a flippin hero!

Well Andy you can rest assured... there are many out here who do actually ignore the press...and Virginia Wade!

Keep going buddy, you're doing fine!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #220 on: August 08, 2012, 03:14 PM »

Loved the pasting Andy gave Sugfed on Suday! Even though I watched it live, I also recorded it and have watched it twice. So looking forward the my stamps of Andy arriving!!! Smile
I recorded it as well and repeatedly re watch the final point, and it's aftermath. The sheer joy and almost disbelief that he had done it. The bound across the court after he came down from the box. I also enjoyed the commentary, they were so with him throughout the match, giving him advice, and so pleased for him. I also liked the bit when Sue Barker was interviewing Tlm Henman and he interrupted to pull Tim into a hug. Tim was really complementary as well, ramming the point home that all Fed has talked about for the last 4 years was getting the Olympic singles gold at Wimbledon.   I also thought he was rude stomping of the court, although equally it was very satisfying...!!! He was ok in the ceremony helping guide Andy to the right spots. 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #221 on: August 08, 2012, 05:14 PM »

I recorded it as well and repeatedly re watch the final point, and it's aftermath. The sheer joy and almost disbelief that he had done it. The bound across the court after he came down from the box. I also enjoyed the commentary, they were so with him throughout the match, giving him advice, and so pleased for him. I also liked the bit when Sue Barker was interviewing Tlm Henman and he interrupted to pull Tim into a hug. Tim was really complementary as well, ramming the point home that all Fed has talked about for the last 4 years was getting the Olympic singles gold at Wimbledon.   I also thought he was rude stomping of the court, although equally it was very satisfying...!!! He was ok in the ceremony helping guide Andy to the right spots. 

I'm with you on all of that Masaka (although I think it was right that Fed left Andy to celebrate). I even thought Andrew Castle was great, and I never expected to say that! Loved Andy interrupting Tim and the hug.

Also think it's sweet that Andy gave his gold medal to Danny to wear during the doubles!
http://2012.itftennis.com/media/126053/126053.pdf
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #222 on: August 08, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to be at Wimbledon on Sunday but on the wrong court!

However I did get to see most of the last set on Henman Hill, or Murray Mount, and revelled in the long awaited win. I have supported Andy since just before he won the US juniors eight years ago so had more reason than most to celebrate? Great Result - WELL DONE ANDY!

However I do want to see the whole game. BBC's coverage of these Olympics is awful in that it has no structure or logical timetabling so I did not get it recorded and BBC appears to have no Iplayer option either!  I was a keen and quite successful athlete but I do not want to see a U Bolt reruns as in comparison to other events that was really boring. He did not even beat his own world record! Our gold medallist achieving both for himself and country in an event where we have won nothing for a century is worth at least equal coverage. 

Can someone tell me where I might find a full version to watch?  The highlights of cuddles and ceremonies after a rather disjointed set of highlights of a single points then jumping on ten minutes is just not good enough for such a landmark win. Will there be a version of the final available perhaps through another source?

What I did see looked like a comprehensive win where he was in total control which was the essential to win against a Federer. Very pleased that someone whom I find very boring to watch and appears so arrogant was defeated.  I would turn him off unless in conflict with AM who often has quite magic touches of brilliance in comparison!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #223 on: August 08, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Can someone tell me where I might find a full version to watch? 

Hi,
You should be able to get the whole day here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w314t

Once you've clicked play, there are some helpful numbers so you can find the right place. Enjoy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #224 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09 PM »

marathona @6.49.  Welcome.  Yes wasn't it great on Murrays Mount.  Like you I had a ticket for the wrong court but must admit I gave up my seat to watch all of Andy's match because I just couldn't sit there watching Nole and delpo knowing that Andy might be playing the match of his life out there.  So I left towards the end of the rain delay thinking it might be difficult to find somewhere on the mount later and sure enough when you all poured out of the bronze match it looked like standing room only.  I've never been part of a sporting occasion like that before and it was just great.  Though wasn't it irritating when that black mark appeared on the screen obscuring the score and the ball when it went in that corner.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »