Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Golden Murray demolishes Federer

(Read 7488 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #225 on: August 08, 2012, 10:47 PM »

I still wish I'd seen Andy hugging Tim. I don't think they showed the interviews on the extra BBC Sports channels. I've seen stills of the hug, but it isn't the same.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #226 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Tjay!!!  Andy slapped Tim's ass  lol

IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #227 on: August 08, 2012, 10:58 PM »

Thanks Guys!

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #228 on: August 08, 2012, 10:58 PM »

Tjay!!!  Andy slapped Tim's ass  lol

Cheeky boy! LOL.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #229 on: August 08, 2012, 11:17 PM »

I still wish I'd seen Andy hugging Tim. I don't think they showed the interviews on the extra BBC Sports channels. I've seen stills of the hug, but it isn't the same.
Try this at 2hr 51.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lpnrp/Olympics_London_2012_BBC_One_Day_9_13.3016.00/
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #230 on: August 09, 2012, 12:01 AM »

Elena, thanks for that! I don't feel deprived now!

No matter how much I watch the end of that match it still chokes me up! What an incredible performance on an incredible day. I will never, ever forget it.

It should be classed as the 5th major, without a doubt.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #231 on: August 09, 2012, 12:38 AM »

Thanks Elena, I have  been looking to watch the whole match again in the peace and quiet and with reflection but could never find it anywhere.  You have made a Murray fan very happy.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #232 on: August 09, 2012, 12:48 AM »

^^ Good, glad it worked. I'm not sure why the video says it's 2hrs 30 when it goes on over 3 hrs. As it's iPlayer it's only available until Sunday though.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #233 on: August 09, 2012, 08:00 AM »

All,

Thank you all very much for pointing me to the coverage. I have made it through two sets but probably will go back to the beginning again today and play it onto the TV screen rather than the laptop! I see he won his next match in Toronto. Must be hard to "go back to work" after his big win?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #234 on: August 09, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Thanks so much Elena.  I was really sorry to have missed The Hug and had only seen stills. Loved the way Andy did it.  And can't get enough of the medal ceremony!  Does anyone know who that little discreet wave was to?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #235 on: August 09, 2012, 11:16 AM »

The Royal Mail are  painting a gold post box at Wimbledon in Andy's honour.
Cant find a photo just yet.
Now Andy has 2  Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #236 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46 AM »

I wonder if there will be a third in oxshott or whatever it's called ie where he lives?  Or is there enough gold down there already?  Whistle
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #237 on: August 09, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Has anyone read the nonsense in a Belfast paper.  They say the gold medal is not the pinnacle of sport and that Andy cannot win the USO as Nadal will return to do so.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #238 on: August 09, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Bah humbug  shocking
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #239 on: August 09, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Has anyone read the nonsense in a Belfast paper.  They say the gold medal is not the pinnacle of sport and that Andy cannot win the USO as Nadal will return to do so.

Then it must be true if the belfast whatever says it.
The absence of nadal clearly benefited everyone but Andy was playing the best tennis and i would have fancied his chances in a 3 setter with Rafa after his dismissal of Novak and demolition of Federer.
But fortunately we will never have to know. Doubt Nadal will be sharp enough to beat Andy at the US Open, it might even be a straight sets win.
As long as he doesn't tire himself out that is.
Yes he has won it before & with an easy draw i may add, but it is not a surface that naturally favours him,
Andy can win this slam & beat nadal there if he can get over his mental hurdle with this player. Now would be about the time too.
Oh and everyone knows that a Gold medal is the pinnacle of sport, no one can deny that. even if it is not the pinnacle of a sport such as tennis or Football it is clearly highly prized and if Andy gets all four slams one day he will be a "golden slam" winner one of the few ever.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »