Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Golden Murray demolishes Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Golden Murray demolishes Federer

(Read 7101 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #240 on: August 09, 2012, 06:08 PM »

A fun piece from Mark Steel about the Olympics generaly but with a nice mention of Andy.  He's a real fan as he's written about him a number of times decrying the way he's been treated by the Great English Public:
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mark-steel/mark-steel-cyclists-women-refugees--vindicated-at-last-8022577.html

oh and re the Belfast whatsit - Johnny Mac is arguing Olympic gold should be treated as equivalent of a GS title.  So they know more about tennis than he does do they?  Whistle
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #241 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24 PM »

I wonder if there will be a third in oxshott or whatever it's called ie where he lives?  Or is there enough gold down there already?  Whistle
He deserves at least 3! Yeah Ruthie, there  is enough money there alright.  Posh place Smile
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #242 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Royal Mail have said they will repaint the postbox in Dunblane gold again, apparently fans are travelling there and picking off the gold paint as a momento!
[ Last edit by Iris August 10, 2012, 11:34 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #243 on: August 10, 2012, 09:15 AM »

I hope noone on MW Iris!
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #244 on: August 10, 2012, 11:26 PM »

I hope noone on MW Iris!
Apparently it is tourists coming in by car and train, they pick a bit of the post box as a momento.  The good people of Dunblane have said that it is just one of those things and it is nice that Andy has that sort of support.  What I find strange is it hasn't happened in Edinburgh where there are two post boxes painted gold for Chris Hoy!  I have also read that Stirling Council are considering giving Andy the 'Freedom of the Town' which means he will be given the keys of the two, can let his sheep/cows graze on Kings Park, etc.  Bagpipes
[ Last edit by Iris August 10, 2012, 11:33 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #245 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41 PM »

I think overseas fans can get first day cover stamps of Andy :
http://www.royalmail.com/
Seem to cost £4.00
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #246 on: August 11, 2012, 02:02 PM »

I think overseas fans can get first day cover stamps of Andy :
http://www.royalmail.com/
Seem to cost £4.00
I was lucky to have my brother send me 1st day covers from home. I will frame them Smile

THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Should I use one to send a commiseration card to the silver medallist? Or would that be a bit naughty?
roflmao
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #247 on: August 11, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Hi All,

I haven't received my first day covers yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I still think that was a brilliant idea. The postbox thing was a nice touch too. I don't know whether the damage that has been done to some of them is deliberate vandalism or just people getting carried away. I hope it's the latter. It's still a bit childish though.

I did manage to get myself a DVD of the Olympic final, amongst other things, thank goodness. I've decided that every time I have a bad day I am going to make myself feel better by watching Andy thrashing Federer. Whistle

Did I read somewhere that Andy has given the outfit he wore for the final to the Wimbledon museum? I can't think where I read it, but I think I did. That's bound to be a talking point when Wimbledon comes around next year.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #248 on: August 12, 2012, 03:43 PM »

I was lucky to have my brother send me 1st day covers from home. I will frame them Smile

THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Should I use one to send a commiseration card to the silver medallist? Or would that be a bit naughty? roflmao
ooh lashurst - what a wonderful idea!    w00t Can't wait for mine to arrive.
I finally finished rewatching the match friday night before deleting it to create space.  It must have been about the 4th time I'd watched the ending + celebrations + medal ceremony and I find myself more emotional each time.  
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #249 on: August 12, 2012, 04:05 PM »

Just watched the march again and believe me it was better 2nd time around. I have also ordered the stamps and I will also put mine in a frame. Great Idea a reminder of how well Andy played at the olympics.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #250 on: August 12, 2012, 04:10 PM »

Just watched the march again and believe me it was better 2nd time around. I have also ordered the stamps and I will also put mine in a frame. Great Idea a reminder of how well Andy played at the olympics.
I don't know about you lb but when I re-watch a match I love to keep my focus some of the time on Andy rather than the ball to see how he's moving around and striking it.  Gives a whole new perspective to the match.
Yes I think I'll frame my stamps too.  I'm tempted to do the same with one of the many wonderful photos I've amassed from the newspapers.    Or perhaps a collage after he's won his 1st GS  Whistle
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #251 on: August 12, 2012, 05:21 PM »

I have just watched the Andy v Nole match.  What a match!  More exciting than the gold medal but not as satisfying!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #252 on: August 13, 2012, 06:49 AM »

tamila: that was a much better match, I think, because Nole played much better than Fed.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #253 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Hi All,

I haven't received my first day covers yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I still think that was a brilliant idea. The postbox thing was a nice touch too. I don't know whether the damage that has been done to some of them is deliberate vandalism or just people getting carried away. I hope it's the latter. It's still a bit childish though.

I did manage to get myself a DVD of the Olympic final, amongst other things, thank goodness. I've decided that every time I have a bad day I am going to make myself feel better by watching Andy thrashing Federer. Whistle

Did I read somewhere that Andy has given the outfit he wore for the final to the Wimbledon museum? I can't think where I read it, but I think I did. That's bound to be a talking point when Wimbledon comes around next year.
Where did you get the DVD from Teejay? I would like one of the Djokovic and the Fed match...just to experience that ecstasy once more. Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Golden Murray demolishes Federer « Reply #254 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16 AM »

I watched the final again yesterday, Fantastic! I love Andy giving Fed a pasting! I ordered my 1st day cover stamps last Monday, got an email with a ref no. but it did say 5 days until delivery, so I'm hoping they will come today. I too will frame mine. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »